Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? (700 Views)

"God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
In Matthew 12:6, Jesus says to the Pharisees, "I say to you, that something greater than the Temple is here." How much greater? Look at verse 8. Referring to Himself, Jesus asserts, "The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." How can anyone be Lord of the Sabbath except God who instituted it? This is a direct claim to deity.

For further reading, click here=> http://www.greatcom.org/resources/toughquestions/tq2/tq2d_detailanswer.htm
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
Jesus never claim to be God, don't get it twisted negigisted
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by theseeker2: 12:13am On Nov 03, 2009
Nezan dont you have any shame?
Please read the title of your thread again. And then read your post.
Why are you trying to force divinity on the poor guy?
Your case is death on arrival!
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by sleek29(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2009
Abuzola:

Jesus never claim to be God, don't get it twisted negigisted

John 17:22 "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: "
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2009
Do you ve difficulty with the lingua franca, shit men
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
Do you think our God is the arabian idol, allah, who was housed with 360 idols in the kaaba.

Jesus claimed divinity, something the falsehood called mohammed could not plagiarise.
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by petres007(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nice post Nezan.

I just want to add, that Jesus didn't just claim divinity, [size=14pt]he PROVED IT[/size]!

No be just for mouth grin

, and its not by force to accept it, grin grin grin
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, the light has come, but people preferred darkness to the light.
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
*smiling at their hypocrisy*

'The messiah (jesus), son of mary was no more than a messenger, many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was truthful believer. They both use to eat food (as any other human being, while God does not eat). Look how we make the revealation clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away from the truth' Quran 5:75
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2009
The messiah (jesus), son of mary was no more than a messenger, many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was truthful believer. They both use to eat food (as any other human being, while God does not eat). Look how we make the revealation clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away from the truth' Quran 5:75
I consider koran as a doctored writing by mohammed to legitimise his evil ways such as paedophilia with ayesha, lusting after and marrying his step-daughter, killing and robbing people, etc. etc., so I dont mind quotations from the koran, as it is a filthy book.
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2009
'Had We (ALLAH) intended to take a pastime (i.e wife or son), We could surely have taken it from Us, if We were going to do (that)' Quran 21:17
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
'Had We (ALLAH)
allah is now expressed in plural? or maybe mohammed plagiarised the rendering of YHWH as one Echad into the koran . . . Trinity!

from Us
Who are the 'US'? can you explain? or mohammed wanted to steal the Trinity into islam?

Quran 21:17
I dont give a damn about koranic quotations.
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by theseeker2: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
Doesn't it bother you guys that your salvation rests on a very thin line. You are so deperate to create a God that never was. The question with jesus is not actually whether his a a true God or a false one. The question is whether he is even a God at all. This man lived for 33 years and he never for once voiced 'i am God' or even 'i am son of God'.
Nowhere in the history of man have we heared of such a 'God' that was afraid to declare himself. He had to leave the job of proving his divinity to noetic, nezan and the likes.
Of course they are doing a bad job at it!
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by theseeker2: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nezan:

allah is now expressed in plural? or maybe mohammed plagiarised the rendering of YHWH as one Echad into the koran . . . Trinity!
Who are the 'US'? can you explain? or mohammed wanted to steal the Trinity into islam?
I dont give a damn about koranic quotations.

i have noticed that you delibertely like acting stupid. As if you dont know what 'plural of majesty' means
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Nezan(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2009
the_seeker:

i have noticed that you delibertely like acting stupid. As if you dont know what 'plural of majesty' means
Okay wise man, what is meant by plurality of majesty? or allah now is in the plural sense?
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
We is the term for respect, e.g for one person in yoruba Mo ti so fun won, as respect. And many more example i thought olabowale had explain all this but you keep turning a blind eye,
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by muffins(f): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2009
@poster

Are you a Jehovah Witness?
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Abuzola(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
Jehovah witness are the true xtrians
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by petres007(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2009
the_seeker:

Doesn't it bother you guys that your salvation rests on a very thin line. You are so deperate to create a God that never was. The question with jesus is not actually whether his a a true God or a false one. The question is whether he is even a God at all. This man lived for 33 years and he never for once voiced 'i am God' or even 'i am son of God'.
Nowhere in the history of man have we heared of such a 'God' that was afraid to declare himself. He had to leave the job of proving his divinity to noetic, nezan and the likes.
Of course they are doing a bad job at it!

Mr Seeker,

One of the main reason's God chose and groomed the Hebrews was to deliver the Christ. Why don't you take a closer look at their responses to certain statements and actions by Jesus? Things that won't make sense to anyone who's not a jew (or isn't familiar with their relationship/history with God).

For example, in the mind of the jew, anyone who comes forgiving sins is either usurping a divine prerogative, or is God himself. We all know Jesus forgave sins and the jews, tried to kill him for blasphemy.

You also said that Jesus never claimed to be the son of God, well, I think you're right on this one too. Here's the proof below:

63 But Jesus kept silence. Again the high priest addressed him, "I adjure you by the Living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God!"

64 [size=14pt]"I am He,"[/size] Jesus answered; "yet I tell you that from this time on you will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming upon the clouds of heaven."

65 Then the high priest tore his garments, saying: "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need have we of witnesses? For behold, now you have heard his blasphemy!

- Matthew 26
Re: Where Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by petres007(m): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2009
Wish I had more time to post in this thread.

Abuzola:

Jehovah witness are the true xtrians

Abu,

What do you know about Christianity? What do you know about Jehovah's witnesses?

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? / Prayer For Bankers / The Difference Between A Christian Martyr And Muslim Martyr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.