Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants (13867 Views)

Nigerian Resturants In London.uk ( directory) / Price Of This Item At Tantalizer And Sweet Sensation / Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by r231(m): 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
NAFDAC seals off popular Lagos fast food outfit, Sweet Sensation Confectioneries

By Steve Dada, 10.30.2009
Lagos

National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)  has sealed off a popular fast food outfit, Sweet Sensation Confectioneries, for operating under a condition considered inimical to the health of the public

Director General of the agency, Dr. Paul Orhii, who revealed this at a press conference yesterday, said the eatery located at 14, Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos, was operating under very unhygienic conditions.

Speaking on how the closure was carried out, Orhii said a  team of NAFDAC inspectors met with officials of the company who conducted them round the entire premises ''it was shocking for the inspectors to discover that the source of water of the eatery was a borehole located close to an underground concrete sewage without proper treatment".

"Not only that, the storage condition of the ready food for eating was inadequate, while the company uses a ceramic bath tub for mixing dough for their pastries.

He also added that the company's kitchen windows and doors were not netted to protect the premises from pests such as rats, cockroaches and flies.

The general sanitation of the premises was said to be appealing, as plates were said to be stored close to the open drains and exposed to microbial contamination, which could lead to food poisoning leading to stomach-ache, diarrhea and vomiting.

The agency warns that the inspection of food joints in the country continues and any company found wanting would be penalized accordingly.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910300290.html

1 Like

Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
Dude u just spoiled my day, that's my favourite joint cry
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by posakosa(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^^ Im not surprised.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by 0sisi: 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
r231:

NAFDAC seals off popular Lagos fast food outfit, Sweet Sensation Confectioneries

Lagos

National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has sealed off a popular fast food outfit, Sweet Sensation Confectioneries, for operating under a condition considered inimical to the health of the public

Director General of the agency, Dr. Paul Orhii, who revealed this at a press conference yesterday, said the eatery located at 14, Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos, was operating under very unhygienic conditions.

Speaking on how the closure was carried out, Orhii said a team of NAFDAC inspectors met with officials of the company who conducted them round the entire premises ''it was shocking for the inspectors to discover that the source of water of the eatery was a borehole located close to an underground concrete sewage without proper treatment".

[size=24pt]"Not only that, the storage condition of the ready food for eating was inadequate, while the company uses a ceramic bath tub for mixing dough for their pastries. [/size]
He also added that the company's kitchen windows and doors were not netted to protect the premises from pests such as rats, cockroaches and flies.

The general sanitation of the premises was said to be appealing, as plates were said to be stored close to the open drains and exposed to microbial contamination, which could lead to food poisoning leading to stomach-ache, diarrhea and vomiting.

The agency warns that the inspection of food joints in the country continues and any company found wanting would be penalized accordingly.

Oh My
pray for me then
I ate their meatpies recently on allen avenue area
I hope I didn't contract tape worms and hookworms
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by bawomolo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
they use a bath tub to mix dough? wtf
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by otukpo(f): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
Wonders shall never end.
If a popular joint like sweet sensation can be found wanting in hygiene, how much more the roadside and local joints scattered everywhere. My oga has a name for them; cholera joints.

If u can, prepare ur food urslf, but atimes, all those joints cannot be avoided.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by FBS: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
Wtf? angry
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by koolchicco: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

Oh My
pray for me then

Am at it already.
@OP

This is more than horrible. DISGUSTING is an understatement! angry shocked shocked
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by 0sisi: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
koolchicco:

Am at it already.
@OP

This is more than horrible. DISGUSTING is an understatement! angry shocked shocked

Is this the same koolchicco that posts those cool Naija movies on youtube? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by kaypinchi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
If SweetSensation were found culpable, then all other eateries in the land are no better.

This discovery explains how we get the "sweet sensation" from their meals.  wink
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by kbaba2: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
i really dont understand why nigerians can't just be upright and emphatize with their customers
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by Nezan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
This is serious . . . using a bath to mix dough? oh my God . . . am outta here!
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by cuvoguy: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2009
OMG!!! This is disheartening. They look sweet outside but dangerous inside, but why?
How are we sure of others? NAFDAC keep the good work up.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by emiemi(f): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2009
Chei, it's all about the money money from Business owners to politicians to government officials and university lecturers.

God save us all.  embarassed
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by posakosa(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
kaypinchi:

This discovery explains how we get the "sweet sensation" from their meals.  wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
emiemi:

Chei, it's all about the money money from Business owners to politicians to government officials and university lecturers.

God save us all.  embarassed

It is indeed very very sad

Mixing dough in a bath tub, shocked shocked shocked Lord have mercy!
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by Shola2009(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
Wonders shall never end.
If a popular joint like sweet sensation can be found wanting in hygiene, how much more the roadside and local joints scattered everywhere. My oga has a name for them; cholera joints.
buahahahah!! grin
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by posakosa(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
Nothing WRONG with mixing dough in a ceramic bathtub---its where most restaurants mix their

doughs because  the bath tub can handle capacity----the cleanliness of that bath tubb is another matter.

No where is safe exactly--if u eat outside you put ur health in the hands of another being---- or business.

1 Like

Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by nethacker(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
**Singing Don Moen grin grin ****Lord have mercy,christ have mercy.Lord have mercy on on we grin
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by ogb5(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

Oh My
pray for me then

You must have contracted both hook, line & sinker worms  grin

You go and vomit out ur intestine cool
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by semid4lyfe(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
Why the unnecessary alarm abi no be only the illupeju branch them close?
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by saintneo(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
chineke!

i will be cooking from now onwards. angry. angry, angry, angry, angry, angry, angry, angry, angry, angry
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ OP appealing or appalling?  grin I hope the error was from you and not the source.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by twinskenny(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Why the unnecessary alarm abi no be only the illupeju branch them close?

Abi ooo, there ar other restaurant who are worse than them,
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by nich(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
r231:

Lagos

National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)  has sealed off a popular fast food outfit, Sweet Sensation Confectioneries, for operating under a condition considered inimical to the health of the public

Speaking on how the closure was carried out, Orhii said a  team of NAFDAC inspectors met with officials of the company who conducted them round the entire premises ''it was shocking for the inspectors to discover that the source of water of the eatery was a borehole located close to an underground concrete sewage without proper treatment".

"Not only that, the storage condition of the ready food for eating was inadequate, while the company uses a ceramic bath tub for mixing dough for their pastries.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910300290.html

shocked wouldnt we all agree that God's been merciful to us.  angry  damn! dough in a bathtub! what happened to all the stainless steel mixers/mixing bowls?   sad
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by OAM4J: 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
OMG. shocked shocked

Lord have mercy! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by dramenda(f): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2009
if o
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by kemisuga(f): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
LORD PROTECT US ALL, FROM WHAT WE EAT.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by modupsie(f): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2009
am not suprised undecided stopped eating their food since 2005 when i had food poison after taking their ice cream that landed me in the hospital at midnight sad angry
disease sensation is their name jo
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by HarryPotter1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
chai wat a pathetic story.Sweet Sensation of all place.wonder shall neva end.
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by vikiviko(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
which of the outlest was affected ?
Re: Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants by mekuslogan: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
Who owns the joint? If its SWner run, their dirtiness will simply kill you grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? / The Tea Thread / Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.