Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,848 members, 7,817,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word (21915 Views)

Constitution Amendment: I Feel Sorry For Nigeria –Tam David-West / "Buhari Will Shock Nigerians"- Tam David-West, Ex Minister Of Petroleum & Energy / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by FSBoperator: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by 1shortblackboy: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
Make we hear word abeg

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by FSBoperator: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
[size=18pt]No Mr. Soyinka, you are the troll.[/size]

I read Soyinka's latest rants "WOLEXIT" first published by Sahara Reporters in response to clamour from Nigerians online for him to stick to his earlier vow of destroying his American Green Card if Donald Trump won and I must say I was really appalled not with Wole Soyinka but for myself having held any respect for this man over the years.

In his self grandiose delusions, Soyinka took us on an unnecessary voyage down memory lane recalling all his travels and immigration brouhas since his student years detailing his dissatisfaction and self blacklisting of several other countries which out of both ongoing political and personal grieviances with their immigration services requirement (Australia) imposed a self ban on visiting those countries fortunate not to have the fraud arrive their shores.

It didn't just stop there. Wole Soyinka had the audacity to state that when he made that vow to destroy his American Green Card, he made it among civilized and fellow educated people in far away US and not for the pesky trolls of nigerian cyberspace. How pompous can this man be?

Wole will round up his rants directing those same dismissed Nigerian "Internet trolls" to get an education stating that people like myself who demanded that he keep his word major problems' was ignorance and lack of education.

Well Mr, Wole Soyinka, it appears that you pointless rants in WOLEXIT was actually directed to those same "uneducated Nigerian Internet trolls" who kept reminding you to do the honorable action of keeping to your words. Your civilized oyinbo compatriots in whose midst you made that vow, will not ask you to follow up on your promise to destroy your green card but you can bet they will be observing and taking notes on your lack of credibility on living up to your own words.

As a Nigerian, I expect some one of your age and (dubious) academic background to at least do the honorable thing instead of directing all your frustration on your fellow Nigerians who you have deemed trolls. And for your info, it is widely regarded on the Internet as a golden rule never to respond to trolls. But in your latest rants, you angst seem to be towards those trolls as you never bothered to even address the fundamental issue which was for you to keep to your vow.

For the accusation and generalization of all of us who demanded you keep to your own words, to which you described us as "uneducated", I believe the last election has proven who really the uneducated buffon is and that happens to be you because in your aproko cheerleading of Hilary Clinton you forgot to factor critical political indices other than useless MSM churned bullsh1t polls. The same MSMs which you based your confidence to vow to destroy your green card if the inevitable Trump presidency arises has since began apologizing for their bias and lack of objective reporting.

Also, you termed us "busybodies" who should mind our business as you never made that vow to we "uneducated trolls" in Nigeria, I wondered then Wetin come concern you with US election? Last I checked you are not an American citizen or even remotely a politician back in Nigeria so wetin come be your own? Who gave you the sole right to comment on American affairs? To even add to your level of aprokoism, you were the lone voice from Nigeria to make a self committing statement over the likelihood of the American elections? No be over aproko be that?

I also want to let you know Mr Soyinka that your fellow oyibos who vowed to do whatever demeaning act if Trump won have begun keeping up to their words. See the CNN pollster who vowed to eat bugs on live TV if Trump won. Well he has lived up to his own words.

So instead of acting like a trolled old fool insulting young Nigerians who are young enough to be your grandkids kindly tear your green card or forever shut dah hell up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by wink2015(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
[size=18pt]Soyinka will loose his respect both in Nigeria and Overseas if he fails to keep to his words of cutting his greencard should Donald Trump win the United States Presidential Election.

Soyinka stop all this double speaking. Your words should remain your words.[/size][size=8pt][/size]

4 Likes

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by harheesha(f): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
I Don't Know Why People Won't Leave This Man Alone I Dont Know Wat You Will Gain From There Are More Important Issues In The Country
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Omonigeriarere: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
[s]
Eastactivist:
I came to read comments today... grin
Afonja come and defend your master
[/s]

You and this your tribalistic outpouring: it is either you are jobless or someone is crediting your account for doing this. Instead of brainstorming on the economy and political issues we are facing at present, two old dead woods are behaving foolishly and you are joining them childishly.

I hope tearing or non-tearing of his green card is adding to the developments of youths in the society.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
I still dont get why people care if he tears it or not, whats your business why not focus ur energy on something else.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by FSBoperator: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
I still dont get why people care if he tears it or not, whats your business why not focus ur energy on something else.

Because people like Wole Soyinka are not expected to talk anyhow.

He must live up to his vow or he will be considered an ultra afonjastic nigga

8 Likes

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by link2ok(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

You and this your tribalistic outpouring: it is either you are jobless or someone is crediting your account for doing this. Instead of brainstorming on the economy and political issues we are facing at present, two old dead woods are behaving foolishly and you are joining them childishly.

I hope tearing or non-tearing of his green card is adding to the developments of youths in the society.

It doesn't in any way help remove Nigeria from recession but a man at that age should learn how to keep his mouth shut or do what he promised to do.

He is a highly respected Nigerian and a Nobel price winner and also he represent the image of his country he should learn not to allow emotions cloud his sense of reasoning.

Then back to you what have you done to lift Nigeria out of recession or you just felt like spilling trash

6 Likes

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by mightyhazel: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator:
[size=18pt]No Mr. Soyinka, you are the troll.[/size]

I read Soyinka's latest rants "WOLEXIT" first published by Sahara Reporters in response to clamour from Nigerians online for him to stick to his earlier vow of destroying his American Green Card if Donald Trump won and I must say I was really appalled not with Wole Soyinka but for myself having held any respect for this man over the years.

In his self grandiose delusions, Soyinka took us on an unnecessary voyage down memory lane recalling all his travels and immigration brouhas since his student years detailing his dissatisfaction and self blacklisting of several other countries which out of both ongoing political and personal grieviances with their immigration services requirement (Australia) imposed a self ban on visiting those countries fortunate not to have the fraud arrive their shores.

It didn't just stop there. Wole Soyinka had the audacity to state that when he made that vow to destroy his American Green Card, he made it among civilized and fellow educated people in far away US and not for the pesky trolls of nigerian cyberspace. How pompous can this man be?

Wole will round up his rants directing those same dismissed Nigerian "Internet trolls" to get an education stating that people like myself who demanded that he keep his word major problems' was ignorance and lack of education.

Well Mr, Wole Soyinka, it appears that you pointless rants in WOLEXIT was actually directed to those same "uneducated Nigerian Internet trolls" who kept reminding you to do the honorable action of keeping to your words. Your civilized oyinbo compatriots in whose midst you made that vow, will not ask you to follow up on your promise to destroy your green card but you can bet they will be observing and taking notes on your lack of credibility on living up to your own words.

As a Nigerian, I expect some one of your age and (dubious) academic background to at least do the honorable thing instead of directing all your frustration on your fellow Nigerians who you have deemed trolls. And for your info, it is widely regarded on the Internet as a golden rule never to respond to trolls. But in your latest rants, you angst seem to be towards those trolls as you never bothered to even address the fundamental issue which was for you to keep to your vow.

For the accusation and generalization of all of us who demanded you keep to your own words, to which you described us as "uneducated", I believe the last election has proven who really the uneducated buffon is and that happens to be you because in your aproko cheerleading of Hilary Clinton you forgot to factor critical political indices other than useless MSM churned bullsh1t polls. The same MSMs which you based your confidence to vow to destroy your green card if the inevitable Trump presidency arises has since began apologizing for their bias and lack of objective reporting.

Also, you termed us "busybodies" who should mind our business as you never made that vow to we "uneducated trolls" in Nigeria, I wondered then Wetin come concern you with US election? Last I checked you are not an American citizen or even remotely a politician back in Nigeria so wetin come be your own? Who gave you the sole right to comment on American affairs? To even add to your level of aprokoism, you were the lone voice from Nigeria to make a self committing statement over the likelihood of the American elections? No be over aproko be that?

I also want to let you know Mr Soyinka that your fellow oyibos who vowed to do whatever demeaning act if Trump won have begun keeping up to their words. See the CNN pollster who vowed to eat bugs on live TV if Trump won. Well he has lived up to his own words.

So instead of acting like a trolled old fool insulting young Nigerians who are young enough to be your grandkids kindly tear your green card or forever shut dah hell up.
my God!

Na my prof u dey serve like this?

4 Likes

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator:

Because people like Wole Soyinka are not expected to talk anyhow.

He must live up to his vow or he will be considered an ultra afonjastic nigga
The point is its really no one's business, we've all said things dat we wud like to take back maybe he said it in d spur of d moment think he wouldn't win.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by maximunimpact(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
Prof talking to prof.... only that one of them is a coward (white hair)

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Eastactivist: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Kudos to you that do everything you promised to do.

Even Trump us gradually reclining on his promises.
Last time I checked, it's his Green Card and his choice to do whatever with it.

I'm just surprised it's becoming a trending issue among ipods

cheesy, false hope

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by FSBoperator: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

The point is its really no one's business, we've all said things dat we wud like to take back maybe he said it in d spur of d moment think he wouldn't win.

The moment he addressed a world press Confrence stating his position in a US presidential election (which does not concern him), that moment it became public business and since he insulted us in Nigeria cyberspace through his WOLEXIT rants we will make it an ultimatum for him to keep to his own words.

Old men don't talk carelessly. We expect him to act according to his own words and we shall continue to torment him for that.

3 Likes

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by madjune(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Soyinka should keep to his words.

Obviously he was just fronting to sell his image as a very serious person not knowing things could flip.

I won't be surprised if he now says he was joking.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by MONITZ: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
yjgm:
Abeg, make una leave Soyinka my maan alone na. He made a bluff shikenan. No more. E don do na. The man with the whites.

Gaffe or no gaffe, a man of W. S status can afford to do without America's green card and a lot of Nigerians still don't know this.

W. S is an asset to any nation. Someone that was taken to Amsterdam by Swiss Air on just mere personal recognition with his iconic white hair wen Abacha's heat became too much for him.And Swiss Air even released a statement that read thus : "We took W. S took to Amsterdam based on personal recognition from a neighboring African country" even wen he had no document to show who he was,now how many people re on the surface on the earth and yet one man still gets this kind of recognition globally.
America and even the university where he is a visiting professor have more to gain from him than him from them.

There re other countries like Canada that re higher on the Human Index on development than the U. S. A.

I agree that America is a big deal to most struggling Nigerians bt for someone of his status, it's no big deal.

Tina Turner relinquished her green card a long time ago for Switzerland's passport and sometime last week Steven Seagal became a citizen of both Russia and Serbia,and more people re more than willing to do same. If these people that I ve mentioned can do that so y can't W. S do same too if he so decides?
--
And where did Tamuno David-West crawl out from all of a sudden after the last election fiasco.

Everything Tam said they would do wen the A. P. C were seeking office then ve since been disowned by them ,he ought to still be hiding his face to prevent further embarrassment bt suddenly he crawls out from nowhere to comment on yet another controversial topic like this.

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by teemy(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
case scenario: prof tears his card and hurries down to nigeria. trump calls for his repartriation (sic) else other nigerian green card owners in the states would have theirs revoked. just the excuse trump needs to say africans are undeserving of aid.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Eastactivist: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

Exactly how the afonja reasons....
So much talk no action, always speaking from both sides of the mouth....
Yorubas selling their pride since time immemorial grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Ebi3(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
David west is talking? he should hide his head in shame.After all the things he said buhari will do if we vote him and reverse is what we are seeing.But soyinka has lost the his revered status since he started to mingle with all these politicians during the last elections.He has even refused to condemn this govt.even with glaring cases of human rights abuse and the refusal to obey court judgements.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by asha80(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator I really salute you for that your piece especially that part of the Chinese looking political pundit promised to eat a bug if trump wins which he later did LIVE on cnn tv which I watched..men are not supposed to talk anyhow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by seenter84: 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
Old bags. Make dem go rest. Dem no get talk.
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Burgerlomo: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
Nah wa 4 una o Naija people, person can't even make a joke with you people anymore grin abeg make una free Prof. ooo e no go do am again
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by jerryfisher(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by FSBoperator: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
teemy:
case scenario: prof tears his card and hurries down to nigeria. trump calls for his repartriation (sic) else other nigerian green card owners in the states would have theirs revoked. just the excuse trump needs to say africans are undeserving of aid.

Wetin concern trump with that old ranting nigga, Soyinka?
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by DIKEnaWAR: 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
It seems the two old men are quarrelling over Amechi''s attention and money.

Soyinka is confused and a Nobel prize in literature does not amount to common sense.

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by awakeuche(m): 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
Prof bet y? Something so easy as using scissors, closing ur eye shouting at the top of your voice tear the damned green card....
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by AuroraB(f): 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
Thank God no be Ibo man took him on this, he for turn am tribal now grin
I know he has a reply to this already cheesy
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by TheAsegun(m): 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
mosalab:
Kettle calling pot black.... Meanwhile, Soyinka should come back ASAP for him to be able to enjoy the change he and Tam-David preached to the zombie.....
grin
mosalab:
Kettle calling pot black.... Meanwhile, Soyinka should come back ASAP for him to be able to enjoy the change he and Tam-David preached to the zombie.....
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by zabadii(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
theshadyexpress:

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/214694/word-cut-green-card-david-west-tells-soyinka
what happen to your 45 naira petrol per litre you campaigned for buhari.

Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by HaneefahRN(f): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
What's with all these crying over someone else's green card. These old and young idiots should just face their lives
Re: Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator:

The moment he addressed a world press Confrence stating his position in a US presidential election (which does not concern him), that moment it became public business and since he insulted us in Nigeria cyberspace through his WOLEXIT rants we will make it an ultimatum for him to keep to his own words.
Old men don't talk carelessly. We expect him to act according to his own words and we shall continue to torment him for that.
You overestimate the importance of your ravings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Must Remove Terrorist Tag On IPOB - Group Tells UN / Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / List Of All Governorship Candidates For Kogi 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.