Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! (3374 Views)

9mobile Is Etisalat Nigeria's New Name / Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by landinfo: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
Got this message from Etisalat Nigeria as @ 13:55;

Dear Customer, our BB service will no longer be available. You will continue to enjoy your current subscription till it expires. Thank you for choosing Etisalat

I had to use my Android to snap the pic but ee still no clear sha.....

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Wynnah(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
Can this be true?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Bimbeads(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
I dont believe this
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by JOBLEZ(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
do people still use BB

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
Blackberry is dead, how can a serious minded person be using BlackBerry when there is always a price cut for Samsung Galaxy s6edge, xperia z5 compact and HTC 10.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by joseph214(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
I hope airtel doesn't stop their own cause till now I still use it on my android phone.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
Just got the sad news some minutes ago
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by dasphinx1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
Its expected anyways....
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by 40manlappy: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Youngpo413:
Blackberry is dead, how can a serious minded person be using BlackBerry when there is always a price cut for Samsung Galaxy s6edge, xperia z5 compact and HTC 10.

Haba! What would you say about Blackberry DTEK60, an Android phone?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
40manlappy:

Haba! What would you say about Blackberry DTEK60, an Android phone?
let the dead rest in peace abeg.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by LaClickLaBend: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Youngpo413:
lol. Nigerians have an attachment to Blackberry phones.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
LaClickLaBend:

lol. Nigerians have an attachment to Blackberry phones.
the Nigerians I know of are Samsung and HTC users.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by LaClickLaBend: 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Youngpo413:
the Nigerians I know of are Samsung and HTC users.
uhh? HTC? how old are you bro, cos back then, blacjberry's ruled the day, and many still have refused to dispose of theirs till now. Might be wrong tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
LaClickLaBend:

uhh? HTC? how old are you bro, cos back then, blacjberry's ruled the day, and many still have refused to dispose of theirs till now. Might be wrong tho
blackberry era has passed so somehow you are wrong, lol.
Don't mind me jare, its only that I hate blackberry like fuccck, I saw one professor using a blackberry passport, that was the day I stopped taking him serious, same with people browsing with internet explorer.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by directonpc(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
landinfo:
Got this message from Etisalat Nigeria as @ 13:55;

Dear Customer, our BB service will no longer be available. You will continue to enjoy your current subscription till it expires. Thank you for choosing Etisalat

I had to use my Android to snap the pic but ee still no clear sha.....
op shey I can use ur image?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Martinmania(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
Somebody said let the dead rest @ DTEK60
Loke he knows the features of the phone... [color=#000099][/color] cry
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by kyrianbest: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
I got mine too

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by AnodaIT(m): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
True
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by 9jaBloke: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
I got it too. I think they are scrapping the 1k BIS for a more expensive data plan.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Mileslamar1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
haba
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Hotdiamond(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
The beginning of the end. Soon all other Networks will follow
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by dominique(f): 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Basically, BlackBerry users will have to subscribe to regular data plans. I wonder how they'll cope with the miserable 1gb for 1k, they were already used to 3gb for same price before. Recession na bastard sha

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
I got the message too on my phone. Called customer care and it was confirmed to be true. I have no other option than to port to Airtel. Chai Etisalat don do me bad. Was enjoying 1k for 3gb on android since February cry embarassed
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by 40manlappy: 4:15am On Nov 15, 2016
Youngpo413:

grin grin

You hate Blackberry that much?

On a serious note, you need to check out the specs of DTEK60. Didn't think it was worth considering until I reviewed the specs.

http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_dtek60-8351.php
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 6:19am On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

grin grin

On a serious note, you need to check out the specs of DTEK60. Didn't think it was worth considering until I reviewed the specs.

those are rebranded Alcatel smartphones.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 15, 2016
iyke926:
I got the message too on my phone. Called customer care and it was confirmed to be true. I have no other option than to port to Airtel. Chai Etisalat don do me bad. Was enjoying 1k for 3gb on android since February cry embarassed
The 64,000+ lose isn't enough for them
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by fashrola(m): 8:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
Don't mind me jare, its only that I hate blackberry like fuccck, I saw one professor using a blackberry passport, that was the day I stopped taking him serious, same with people browsing with internet explorer.

Dude lyk seriously?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2016
fashrola:

Dude lyk seriously?
Yes sir.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by samsard(m): 8:31am On Nov 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
No longer a Windows phone fan boy, now an android fan boy and an avid BlackBerry hater. If I had nearly as much app and developer support for BlackBerry 10 as I currently do for android, I'll dump the droid without thinking twice.
And what do you have against the BlackBerry Passport?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Youngpo413: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2016
samsard:
No longer a Windows phone fan boy, now an android fan boy and an avid BlackBerry hater. If I had nearly as much app and developer support for BlackBerry 10 as I currently do for android, I'll dump the droid without thinking twice.
And what do you have against the BlackBerry Passport?
Cos it's a blackberry!
Passport, Alcatel dtek or priv.

You know me very well, I used to be a Windows fan boy back then cos I was blind and foolish, look around you won't see a reasonable human being using a Windows phone and you know what that means.....
By 2020,every other OS will cease to exist, it will be Android everywhere, even the over hyped "fruity" company will die by then.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Edipee(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2016
Does it support WhatsApp?
40manlappy:

grin grin

Re: Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

grin grin

That is an Android phone bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Cloned My Line/phone . Pls What Can I Do / My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her / K-mous Mobile Android For Sale @14k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.