Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

The Nairaland Ride-sharing Scheme - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nairaland Ride-sharing Scheme (707 Views)

Ride Sharing - From Magodo Phase 1 To Victoria Island / Which Of The Nairaland Forum Did You FUNCTION Must This Year / Latest Paying Ponzi Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nairaland Ride-sharing Scheme by Boy101(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years and although I only just registered some months ago, I have to say Nairaland has grown steadily from competing with other budding forums ,as at that time, with dishing out free browsing tweaks, latest java and symbian hacks, PC tricks, etc, to a formidable town square where everything Nigeria and Nigerian is being discussed and analyzed properly, and also with the recent influx of very intelligent people, Nairaland has become a kind of it own encyclopedia with professional inputs, suggestions and instructions, and not to also forget the hillarious and rib cracking replies from some of us. I am very proud of Nairaland.

However I have an Idea and although it's still very very crude, I believe with everyone giving one suggestion or the other, we can fine tune it better to suit realistic situations and varied circumstance.

[size=15pt]The Nairaland Ride-Sharing Scheme (Lagos)[/size]

Lagos is a very fun city to live in, We love Lagos and it has steadily transformed to becoming the model city for the whole of Nigeria as a country, although... one thing everyone would agree about Lagos is the fact that, Transportation is one very big problem with our beloved city.

I am a fresh graduate who just started out his career's Journey, and I have to say, the past one year of working with several "Big" firms have really exposed me to the various parts and places that make up Lagos: the good, the bad, the ugly and even the forbidden. However, we have to admit that beyond the 'hustling spirit facade' of Lagos that makes you think it's one great city, Lagos is really hard to live in. Very very hard.

Nairalanders don't like too much write ups so let me cut to the chase.

Lagos can be summed up as IKORODU to CMS, (Please Correct me if err) every other area falls (or can be linked to) somewhere along that road.

Nairalanders aren't the only people who you see share their Snake pictures for Lalasticlala, or their lovely pre-wedding pictures; we have Men and women, established and very well versed in their careers who are comfortable by Nigerian standards, likewise we have honest Young men and women who only want to make something honest for themselves and for that reason, are leaving their homes very early in the morning and getting home pretty late with a median of N500 - N2,000 naira on transportation everyday.

I want us to look at a situation whereby 'Quoting Monickers' are transformed to real-life relationships and connections of people who live in the same area and are going to be sharing a ride to work everyday without any severity or bitterness and regret... Nigerians are hard to deal with, but I realised, when there is a Scheme where everyone is involved and would be of benefit to everyone, Nigerians are very good at cooperating and making it work out, (Case Study : Ebola Containment)

I have a set plan on how to deal with security and verifying, to an extent, the level of reliability and decency between Riders and those they would want to share their rides with. I want the Mods to look into this and give it up for open debate so we can know if it's a possible scheme.

I have discussed with a few friends here, those with cars and those who are still looking to own one someday, and one thing we can all agree is that, while we do have people who are willing to let you share their rides voluntarily and are already doing it, most people are very skeptical and careful, but with discipline and following appropriate guidelines which I would be discussing next after I see a few replies, it can be a long lasting scheme that would see thousands if not millions of Lagosians saving, a bit more off their meager salary by not spending so much on transport anymore, and we see those with cars, being able to exercise their will for charity without fear of being exploited in any way.

Thank you very Much.

NB: This is very open ended idea, meaning, modifications, critiques and even a total overhaul is welcome. It is also very voluntary and based on the belief that participants are going to be honest. It is not an organized programme with rules, but an Idea with guidelines that when followed through can make life easier for us Nairalanders

(1) (Reply)

A Headless Man Was Seen Walking In A Night Club (photo) / A Masquerade Spotted At Bet9ja Shop (pics) / Oba Akiolu Rekindles Acrimony In Yoruba Land, Engages Oni Of Ife In A Face Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.