Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana (1921 Views)

Soludo Should Be Part Of Buhari's Economic Team / SOLUDO Should Contest 2015 Presidency Under APGA / Charles Soludo Should Be Arrested By EFCC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2009
Even General David Patreaus was touted as a possible running mate to John McCain in the last US election. Thiis was while David was still commanding US soldiers in Iraq.

So people are allowed to join politics after retirement if the so wish.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by Edoji: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2009
Are you serious?
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by edwin101: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2009
abeg make falana go sit down jare!. who is he to judge soludo? wasnt gordon brown the former ex-chequer of london(finance secretary) now hes a prime minister. as in a decent society like falana says. angry
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2009
edwin101:

abeg make falana go sit down jare!. who is he to judge soludo? wasnt gordon brown the former ex-chequer of london(finance secretary) now hes a prime minister. as in a decent society like falana says. angry

Thats even a better example than mine.

Even Singh of India was the Finance Minister who revolutionised the Indian economy and is now the prime minister.

In Nigeria its something else.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by chosen04(f): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2009
meexteriox:

Your blindness is even more obvious.
You missed the trip to Nigeria Reality Show. Simple question, if he joined, when, any fact? You prefer to throw unnecessary tantrums about political campaigns.

As far as i'm concerned, Soludo reserves the right to contest any election in Nigeria.

What facts do you need?. When Soludo personally confessed his membership of the party over the years. His confession is no longer a fact cos you are in his pay list?

meexteriox:

Now your stupidity is going olympics.

What is this sudden "public relations" for Falana all about? What is his problem with Soludo?
I see this as unnecessary news making, he should direct his judiciary prowess at other things and not Soludo.
He is no saint, afterall.

Your stupidity is already winning Olympic gold medal? Pls u cant achieve much by insulting people, Its better to make your point. The question is what was Falana achieved for Nigeria? and i responded by giving him a good answer.

Even if you dont like Falana, But you must admited that he has done for Nigerians what Soludo will never do for them.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by Ibime(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2009
edwin101:

Soludo's counterpart in UK is Mervyn King, not Gordon Brown.

Chancellor of the exchequer is a political post, Central Bank governor is not.

Whilst any membership of PDP in 2006 by a CBN Governor is questionable, it is not a jailable crime.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by PapaBrowne(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
Every Nigerian has the right to be a member of a political party.Whether you are a Chief judge, Teacher, Armed Robber, Cleaner, Pastor or whatever.
The idea is that in holding certain positions as sensitive as maybe a CBN Governor, Chief Judge, Clergy etc, you are not to allow your political affiliation to have any impact on your job description.

So I don't know what this Falana guy is talking about. Truly activists are only useful for military regimes. They always seem to loose salt when democracy is practised.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by edwin101: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Every Nigerian has the right to be a member of a political party.Whether you are a Chief judge, Teacher, Armed Robber, Cleaner, Pastor or whatever.
The idea is that in holding certain positions as sensitive as maybe a CBN Governor, Chief Judge, Clergy etc, you are not to allow your political affiliation to have any impact on your job description.

So I don't know what this Falana guy is talking about. Truly activists are only useful for military regimes. They always seem to loose salt when democracy is practised.

well said my brother.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2009
Ibime

Please how is the CBN Governor not a political appointment?

He is classed like every other cabinet Minister except for the fact that they have tenures and duration in office.
Re: Soludo Should Be In Jail - Falana by SoJaded: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

I wonder if u have any legal knowledge or training giving u confidence to just disregard the view of a SAN on the legality of Soludo's appointment

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa / Fashola A Military Governor In Civilian Uniform / Is Fashola The New "Retardeen"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.