Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially (1396 Views)

When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by faithzy(m): 3:39am On Nov 15, 2016
I lost my dad four years ago, since when he died only my big brother in qatar has been supporting us, I just graduated from the university, my mum health is consuming most of the money, my sister is about to start her new business, which will require money, my other sister is getting married in two months time, which will still spend some money, my brother still building hz house, my dad's house still under construction too, too many problems and projects at hand. my mother sister daughter (my cousin) just got admission. They dnt have the stipulated funds for her education, now they are asking my brother to pay for her education, despite all the problems and project at hand, for the record we have all been there for them but right now we need a break and the father of the child is still alive and does nothing to support the family, he has refused to work, he said God told him to be a pastor and he can't work, please I want to know who is supposed to take take care of her education, my brother with all the responsibility or the parents of the child, because my whole martenal family is painting us black since we told them we have alot at hand. we really do have alot at hand.
Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by Freetech: 4:04am On Nov 15, 2016
ok
Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by Xflint(m): 4:20am On Nov 15, 2016
The
Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by elektra(f): 4:22am On Nov 15, 2016
If they like they should paint y'all black, green and purple. You do not have money to fund pay her school fees right now. You cannot give what you do not have. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by rocoh(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2016
No big deal. Give them what you can afford thats all.

1 Like

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by faithzy(m): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2016
rocoh:
No big deal. Give them what you can afford thats all.
they want full responsibility
Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by rocoh(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2016
faithzy:
they want full responsibility
I understand, give what you can give thats all , its very simple.No fighting no fussing , just give them the amount you can afford.

2 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by thorpido(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
Don't worry about painting you black.You're black people already cheesy

If the father can't work and at least raise some of the money,let her get a job and later register for part-time studies.

5 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
rocoh:

I understand, give what you can give thats all , its very simple.No fighting no fussing , just give them the amount you can afford.
what if they can't afford ANYTHING at all. You realize it's only one person (the guy in Qatar) carrying all that responsibility? What if he decides to start his own family if he doesn't have one yet? will he have to wait until all these people are satisfied? When will that be?

Some relatives and wickedness. Because there's no other way to define their actions but wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
They want your brother to take full responsibility for her education? What a selfish, selfish request.

2 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by Nancy2016: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
faithzy:
I lost my dad four years ago, since when he died only my big brother in qatar has been supporting us, I just graduated from the university, my mum health is consuming most of the money, my sister is about to start her new business, which will require money, my other sister is getting married in two months time, which will still spend some money, my brother still building hz house, my dad's house still under construction too, too many problems and projects at hand. my mother sister daughter (my cousin) just got admission. They dnt have the stipulated funds for her education, now they are asking my brother to pay for her education, despite all the problems and project at hand, for the record we have all been there for them but right now we need a break and the father of the child is still alive and does nothing to support the family, he has refused to work, he said God told him to be a pastor and he can't work, please I want to know who is supposed to take take care of her education, my brother with all the responsibility or the parents of the child, because my whole martenal family is painting us black since we told them we have alot at hand. we really do have alot at hand.

Tell them there is no money. Your cousin's parents should pay for her education. Also your sister does not need to spend a lot of money on her wedding. She can just invite a few family members for a meal and celebrate quietly. How do you all expect one person to shoulder all these responsibilities? What if, God forbid, something happens to your brother in Qatar, what would you all do? We Africans need to stop this habit of putting our kids and siblings under so much pressure. By the way what kind of job is your brother doing in Qatar? Do you guys ever wonder how he copes with all the pressures? Now that you have graduated I hope you have an income and also contributing towards your mum's treatment. Your brother should not be made to shoulder all these responsibilities.

4 Likes

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by rocoh(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
cococandy:
what if they can't afford ANYTHING at all. You realize it's only one person (the guy in Qatar) carrying all that responsibility? What if he decides to start his own family if he doesn't have one yet? will he have to wait until all these people are satisfied? When will that be?

Some relatives and wickedness. Because there's no other way to define their actions but wickedness.

I get your drift.Even if it's 1k you can gather just give them. You will You will be have done what you could without putting yourself in a tight corner

1 Like

Re: Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially by faithzy(m): 4:17am On Nov 17, 2016
rocoh:

I get your drift.Even if it's 1k you can gather just give them. You will You will be have done what you could without putting yourself in a tight corner
we decided to have a family meeting, we told them we are backing out from taking any responsibility. Their father is alive and he should take care of the remaining responsibility, since we took care of paying for their SSCE exams.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Fakes Menstruation To Avoid Having Sex With Husband (photo) / 'Budget Padding' In The Family, Is It Corruption? / Between The Husband And The Wife, Who Owns The Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.