Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. (13932 Views)

JAMB 2017 UTME 16th May - Live Update / JAMB 2017 UTME 15th May - Live Update - / JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Tobitrueman(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Massive cool..

I can't wait for the robot that will be cooking for me grin cheesy

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Oahray: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
ramdris:
Av seen some already...
which ones?
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by drss2(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
2. Ultra-fast 5G internet from solar-powered drones.

Google is working on solar powered drones enabled ultra-fast internet project called Project Skybender.

The drones are estimated to deliver mobile internet services 40 times faster than 4G LTE letting you transfer data at gigabytes per second.

The project makes use of millimeter wave to provide the service because the existing spectrums for mobile phone transmissions are too crowded.

However, the waves are short ranged and have one-tenth of the range of 4G phone signal.

To counter this, Google is working on focused transmissions of the wave to get the wave to function from a high flying drone.

If Google manages to solve all the technical problems associated with the project we might not be far behind to step into a world of unbelievably fast mobile internet
omo dis one go make sence.
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=Tobitrueman post=51052288][/quote]
What do you know brother cheesy?

Cook azzzzin.... COOK grin tongue!!!
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bionic Insects.

Scientists are developing bionic enhancements for insects that allow them to be controlled and navigated to places hard to reach to find victims of earthquakes and other disaster.

The cockroaches’ antennas are wired to small radio receivers strapped to their backs. The insects use antennas like a blind person would use walking stick feeling what’s in front of them before going ahead.

So, the researchers control the movements of the insect by sending small pulses of electricity to the antennas, thus directing them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
13. Artificially Intelligent Personal Assistants.

At the rate technology is going pretty soon we won’t have to do anything except breathe and blink and even that might be a stretch.

Robots will run errands, cook, serve drinks, wash, and clean the home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Tobitrueman(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

What do you know brother cheesy?

Cook azzzzin.... COOK grin tongue!!!

Still waiting for my tech brain to manufacture an Eba(garri) making machine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by oglalasioux(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Meanwhile Nigerians are waiting for Jesus to come and solve their problems.

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
Any time i go 2 d village 4 chrismas holiday, my grand mum always say that this generation re lazy. By d time she look down 4rm heaven and c d next generation 2 come, she go get heart attack.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
14. Interplanetary Internet.

Two decades from now, someone from our planet is supposedly going to Mars to set up an Internet connection.

This project will pave the way for information sharing between the inhabitants of the two planets.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by valicious1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Massive cool..

lazy bone
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Kyllahmc(m): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
9. Vertical Farming.

With over 80 percent of people projected to live in urban centers by 2050, the problem of food production has had many countries scrambling for a solution.

Vertical farming (Tower farming) is providing many countries like the island nation of Singapore with the answer they’ve been looking for.

By vertically growing food, space can be managed much more efficiently, which is important as space becomes scarce and more expensive.

Also, recycled water can use gravity to water many crops in one go, saving both energy and freshwater. That’s a clean, energy-efficient way to get fresh produce.
wow how come i never thought of this

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Kyllahmc(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
10. Floating Cities.

This city can accommodate 50,000 people and runs on renewable energy. The floating structure has a capacity to shelter 50,000 individuals.

It consists of marinas and mountains, which are meant for entertainment purposes, surrounding a centrally located artificial lagoon that performs the task of collecting and purifying water.

It runs on renewable energy sources (wind, sunlight, tidal forces, and other alternative energy sources), and even collects rainwater.
thought Dubai engineers have already developed something like that... The artificial palm tree shaped like island.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Kyllahmc(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Massive cool..

what a lazy lady
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by elvision1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
There are thousands of technologies being developed, these are nothing compared! In military smart bullets have been developed that searches for your DNA signature when shot, in medicine immune systems are being developed that auto-grows your body part that gets cut off and reserch of immortality, Nanotechnology,in science teleportation of luggages is being developed, not yet tested on humans cus it involves breaking down of molecules to be rearranged at destination.

And there goes the conspiracy theory that for every commercial technology out there military had it 10years ago.

5 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=Tobitrueman post=51052288][/quote] watch the series HUMANS
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
Kyllahmc:
what a lazy lady
Very lazy tongue

valicious1:

lazy bone
Lazy flesh tongue
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Olarewajub: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
Really amazing. Explorer request to replicate this amazing piece on my blog www.blevopedia..com
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Massive cool..

I know, so lazy...
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
oseiwe:

I thought an underwater tunnel is already in use in Norway or Sweden

Under construction. Except this thats connecting Sweden & Denmark.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:

I know, so lazy...
You that ate my food, and licked the plate

This life? NA WA tongue embarassed cry!!
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Lols....Ala ko ba, o fe ko ba mi abi?
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:

Lols....Ala ko ba, o fe ko ba mi abi?
Speak English!! Leave this your shrine language angry!!

**modified**

After using Google translator:

Want who undecided? Kakakakakaka angry grin!!

Face your front biko!!
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
Kyllahmc:
thought Dubai engineers have already developed something like that... The artificial palm tree shaped like island.

Palm Island is not floating, was sand filled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Viking007(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
1. Bio Refrigerators.

A Russian designer has proposed a concept Refrigerator called “Bio Robot Refrigerator” that cools your food with biopolymer gel.

There are no shelves, compartments or doors, You just insert your food into the gel.
This is awesome. cool
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Atoos(m): 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
All I can say is wawuu!...
come which one is any Nigerian scientist planning to do....

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by oseiwe(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
13. Artificially Intelligent Personal Assistants.

At the rate technology is going pretty soon we won’t have to do anything except breathe and blink and even that might be a stretch.

Robots will run errands, cook, serve drinks, wash, and clean the home.
This is already upon us, just to go full AI
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by oseiwe(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Metaphorically speaking?

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by swagifted(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
I don land o
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
SirWere:
.... Intresting....

9) Orthnopiters :

Teempakguy, take the stage cheesycheesy
hehe.

My current design cannot function without a dense power source. So, I'll have to wait for super batteries.

Technology is always interdependent.
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
Teempakguy:
hehe.
My current design cannot function without a dense power source. So, I'll have to wait for super batteries.
Technology is always interdependent.
Err, do you really need that

You could use recyclable solar cells, radioactive cells encased in lead boxes, heck you could even use Electric eels (those guys pack so much energy, you'll be shocked grin grin).

Technology adapts to solve the current problems, it evolves in response to needs.

So make it first, make we see cheesy cheesy

It'd be really cool to levitate and ascend to the skies like......
. I ain't saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

P.S :

That reminds me......

What about the Kuli Kuli making machine

They're still extorting us cry

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by LOVEGINO(m): 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
ramdris:
Av seen some already...
for ur dream? Jst asking oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria / Please Where Can I Download Textbooks In PDF Format? / Check It Out -UI P'utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.