Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. (13927 Views)

JAMB 2017 UTME 16th May - Live Update / JAMB 2017 UTME 15th May - Live Update - / JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by ikbnice(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
How I wish I were born 200 years to come.

5 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Explorers(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
15. Longer Life/Anti-Ageing.

In the last 50 years alone, the average life expectancy has gone up from 65 to75 with dramatic rises as you look back further to the beginning of basic medicine.

With nanotechnology, little robots swimming through your bloodstream fixing problems before they arise, that average could easily exceed 110, 50 years from today.

Parents could choose their children’s traits before they’re even born, eliminate biological defects, but with longer life come social implications if your life expectancy has doubled, what does it mean for a career, retirement, marriage bearing children?

Will people even WANT to stay in a single relationship for a hundred years anymore?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Atoos:
All I can say is wawuu!...
come which one is any Nigerian scientist planning to do....
I already had the idea for a floating city since a long time ago. As well as that of vertical farming.

So you can calm down as we are working on it.
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by agrovick(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
Wow! Underwater tunnel and vertical farming got me.
Dare to dream
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by yakamata(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
ikbnice:
How I wish I were born 200 years to come.

be careful what you wish for
in 200 the world may be apocalyptic

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by hahn(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
blessedvisky:

Oga atheist. You Dan land again. You and atheism are like this.
To you, atheism is just like peak milk "it's in you cheesy

Thank you o jare cheesy grin
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
SirWere:
Err, do you really need that

You could use recyclable solar cells, radioactive cells encased in lead boxes, heck you could even use Electric eels (those guys pack so much energy, you'll be shocked grin grin).
Ah, those.

On the subject of radioactivity, I decided to take robinhez seriously. Not because he's right, but because the world has actually run out of radioactive fuel. By this, I mean plutonium.

Solar cells can be arranged on the wings. But what happens when you decide to take your hopter for a spin on a cloudy day? And electric eels. . . cheesy.

I'm considering including a jet engine in the mix. But the noise . . .
So, I've decided to wait a bit and see where power technology is going before I make further effort.

Technology adapts to solve the current problems, it evolves in response to needs.

So make it first, make we see cheesy cheesy

It'd be really cool to levitate and ascend to the skies like......
. I ain't saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

P.S :
fine. Give me a few years. Carbon fiber is a key player and I cannot afford that now. I'm probably going to build a few less impressive contraptions before that. grin

That reminds me......

What about the Kuli Kuli making machine

They're still extorting us cry
hmmn, I possibly may or may not give you a New Year present in form of the schematics So you can go and make it yourself. tongue
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by ikbnice(m): 10:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
yakamata:

be careful what you wish for
in 200 the world may be apocalyptic
my ancestors might have thought that too 200 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by stanleyalpacino(m): 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
Explorers:
6. Clothes - Spray Technology.

A Spanish fashion designer invented the world’s first clothes-spray. You can spray it on the body however you want and you can also remove it, wash it and wear it again.
Clothes-Spray

The spray is made of special fibers that are mixed with polymers to give the fabric elasticity and durability. It was developed by designer Manel Torres and particle engineer Paul Luckham.

The technique will allow designers to create unique garments with unique designs and fitness.
oga you too much... why this topic no dey front page
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Janyves(m): 4:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:
14. Interplanetary Internet.

Two decades from now, someone from our planet is supposedly going to Mars to set up an Internet connection.

This project will pave the way for information sharing between the inhabitants of the two planets.
t

Talking of interplanetary internet...... I ain't surprised.... Cus I know Mr Tesla once experienced it........
I read that he once called the RED CROSS to report that he got a message from another planet. Wondering on the fate of that his receiver or whatever name Tesla gave to it.
Science is very interesting......
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Kaycee7(m): 5:30am On Nov 16, 2016
hahn:
In the year 3000, Nigerians will still be praying to Jehovah and claiming that "god did it" without inventing anything useful.

Aside from looting funds to enrich science driven nations.

Explorers, the remaining nko? undecided
That's 984 years away. Do you know how many changes take place in a century, talk more of a millennium? When the 3D organ printer is fully functional, I'll pay for a brain for you cos your head is obviously full of straw.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by kowalsky: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:
7. Hyperloop.

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) has been working at bringing a similar idea to life.

First proposed in 2013, the Hyperloop would shoot passengers between cities via the use of vacuum tubes.

Passengers could reach projected speeds of up to nearly 1,300 kilometers per hour (800 mph).

That’s faster than the speed of sound.Digital screens and advertising inside the tubes promise to make your short commutes pleasant and entertaining as well.

HTT claims that the Hyperloop would be much more efficient and cost-effective than any lightweight transit system currently available.

debunked.. grossly impractical
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by OkunrinNa: 7:46am On Nov 16, 2016
GudluckIBB:

The Bolded has been spent on the project.Yet Some Nigerian politicians have this in their bank accounts lying fallow overseas

It is well

but brother,how can you say $25billion is in one Nigerian politicians account just like that...billion dollars kwa ...
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by freezyprinzy(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2016
UnlimitedIfex:
Any time i go 2 d village 4 chrismas holiday, my grand mum always say that this generation re lazy. By d time she look down 4rm heaven and c d next generation 2 come, she go get heart attack.
lmao this comment got me man

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by daveP(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Massive cool..

I can't wait for the robot that will be cooking for me grin cheesy
when it falls in love with you and eliminates other competitions na then you go fear.

cyborgs can cook though, but African dishes....?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2016
daveP:
when it falls in love with you and eliminates other competitions na then you go fear.

cyborgs can cook though, but African dishes....?
LOL at fall in love with me..

Oh no!! You wouldn't want to be in my mind right now grin..

I'll keep waiting for the African dishes cooking robot undecided..
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by hahn(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2016
Kaycee7:
That's 984 years away. Do you know how many changes take place in a century, talk more of a millennium? When the 3D organ printer is fully functional, I'll pay for a brain for you cos your head is obviously full of straw.

Do you know how many changes have been made in the last 1000 years and we still import toothpicks. So, your own head is full of what then? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2016
dafe99:
Humans are crazy
Not every human.

Whites are fantastically crazy

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Exjoker(m): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2016
oseiwe:

I thought an underwater tunnel is already in use in Norway or Sweden
Yes a rail tunnel between France and UK called Channel Tunnel
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Fidelismaria: 11:37am On Nov 16, 2016
IN PRofessor stein voice:fantastic
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Airoflaw(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:
6. Clothes - Spray Technology.

A Spanish fashion designer invented the world’s first clothes-spray. You can spray it on the body however you want and you can also remove it, wash it and wear it again.
Clothes-Spray

The spray is made of special fibers that are mixed with polymers to give the fabric elasticity and durability. It was developed by designer Manel Torres and particle engineer Paul Luckham.

The technique will allow designers to create unique garments with unique designs and fitness.
cancer
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:
3. Underwater Traffic Tunnels.

Norway is planning to build world’s first “submerged floating bridges” using large tubes, wide enough for two lanes, suspended 100 feet underwater.

Owing to the difficult terrain that made conventional bridges unsuitable, Norway decided to work on making an underwater bridge.

With $25 billion already spent on the project, it is expected to reach completion by 2035.

There are still other factors that need to be accounted for, such as how the bridge would be affected by wind, waves, and strong water currents.
till Buhari will kiss the soil I don't think he can ever think of such thing/.
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
Teempakguy:
Ah, those.

On the subject of radioactivity, I decided to take robinhez seriously. Not because he's right, but because the world has actually run out of radioactive fuel. By this, I mean plutonium.
Err, when did this happen No matter, there's still uranium, Thorium, Coal ash; you name it.

Solar cells can be arranged on the wings. But what happens when you decide to take your hopter for a spin on a cloudy day?
Cloudy does not equate sunless. Since you're flying so high, there's a high possibility of you finding the sun in the cloud; the light at the end of the.... Tunnel grin

And electric eels. . . cheesy.
Why not Those things pack up to 300 Volts!! Attach a couple to your back; like a scuba tank and they'll give you the juice you need.cheesy cheesy

I'm considering including a jet engine in the mix. But the noise . . .
So, I've decided to wait a bit and see where power technology is going before I make further effort.

fine. Give me a few years. Carbon fiber is a key player and I cannot afford that now. I'm probably going to build a few less impressive contraptions before that. grin
Icarus started with feathers... Yours can't be less impressive than that.
How about flexible high tension resistant plastic and glass polymers Easy to produce, light, and not easily breakable. Also has the added advantage of you reflecting like...... Well, a diamond in the sky

[s]In rihanna's voice
*shine bright like a diamond.....*[/s].

Opportunity knocks but once ......
Who knows, in the next 6 months, we might hear about some myopic dude with coca cola bottoms for glasses from North Korea flying prototypes of this.... And you'll be thinking *Damn; if I had known.... cry*

hmmn, I possibly may or may not give you a New Year present in form of the schematics So you can go and make it yourself. tongue
Nahh; I need ze machine all set and ready to go. Seriously; you could make a fortune... Start a kuli-kuli empire .....and lay the foundation for the geeks to take over the earth!! :ptongue:p

And when the nerd revolution is over, it'll be traced to you...

You never know.......gringrin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by DEIFIED(m): 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hmmmm i am speechless.
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by abumeinben(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:
11. 3D printing organs for transplant surgeries.

Scientists are working on finding the right way to 3D print viable organs that can be used as donor organs during surgeries.
3D Printing Organs.

The organ 3D printing technology has already seen major developments. It uses cartridges filled with a suspension of living cells and a smart gel that provides structure.

The living cell suspension and the gel are used alternatively to create a biological tissue. When the printing is done the gel is cooled and washed off leaving just the cells.

The researchers are working on solving the complexities involved in creating an organ that can successfully mimic the actions of a normally grown organ within the human body.

Once that impediment is overcome, we might not have to worry about waiting for donors.

Talk about 2057: The body ....... By Dr. Michiko Kaku
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by astarotte: 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
ramdris:
Av seen some already...

You did when you smoked Oshogbo weed for the first time grin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
SirWere:

Err, when did this happen No matter, there's still uranium, Thorium, Coal ash; you name it.

Cloudy does not equate sunless. Since you're flying so high, there's a high possibility of you finding the sun in the cloud; the light at the end of the.... Tunnel grin

Why not Those things pack up to 300 Volts!! Attach a couple to your back; like a scuba tank and they'll give you the juice you need.cheesy cheesy

Icarus started with feathers... Yours can't be less impressive than that.
How about flexible high tension resistant plastic and glass polymers Easy to produce, light, and not easily breakable. Also has the added advantage of you reflecting like...... Well, a diamond in the sky

[s]In rihanna's voice
*shine bright like a diamond.....*[/s].

Opportunity knocks but once ......
Who knows, in the next 6 months, we might hear about some myopic dude with coca cola bottoms for glasses from North Korea flying prototypes of this.... And you'll be thinking *Damn; if I had known.... cry*

Nahh; I need ze machine all set and ready to go. Seriously; you could make a fortune... Start a kuli-kuli empire .....and lay the foundation for the geeks to take over the earth!! :ptongue:p

And when the nerd revolution is over, it'll be traced to you...

You never know.......gringrin
if you keep teasing me like this, I really will make a kuli-kuli machine.

who knows, I could use the proceeds from the machine to fund my ornithopter obsession. the current budget is in millions. my current plan was to find a rich sugar mom to sponsor me. tongue

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Teempakguy:
if you keep teasing me like this, I really will make a kuli-kuli machine.

who knows, I could use the proceeds from the machine to fund my ornithopter obsession. the current budget is in millions. my current plan was to find a rich sugar mom to sponsor me. tongue

Yahh; please design the real shii not schematics. Mech engr students have made me start hating schema.

Sugar mommy ke cheesycheesycheesy

I think you'll have better luck offering yourself up for blood money sacrifice gringrin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
SirWere:

Yahh; please design the real shii not schematics. Mech engr students have made me start hating schema.

Sugar mommy ke cheesycheesycheesy

I think you'll have better luck offering yourself up for blood money sacrifice gringrin
Patience... sire. All in good time.

I just saw some pictures online of how kuli kuli is currently commercially produced. let's just say I have been motivated for the sake of my disgusted sense of hygiene.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by elsomm(m): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
Gofwane:
can it also be used to spray agbada?

Impossicant!

Na where Africa originality pass oyibo
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2016
Explorers:
13. Artificially Intelligent Personal Assistants.

At the rate technology is going pretty soon we won’t have to do anything except breathe and blink and even that might be a stretch.

Robots will run errands, cook, serve drinks, wash, and clean the home.
Pls wen they produce d robot, if he can't do farm work, they should not bring it 2 9ja b4 one villa grand ma go carry am go farm wit cutlass and hoe
Re: Amazing Futuristic Technologies You May Live To See. by Davidhero(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Science is an Adventure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Your JAMB Questions And Answers Set Before Your Exam Using JAMB App / Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? / Please Where Can I Download Textbooks In PDF Format?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.