Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? (611 Views)

Waziri’s EFCC Initiated $6m No-trial Deal With Suspect, Says Adoke / Looted Funds:No Form Of Plea Bargain Or Political Settlement – Ortom / Stolen Funds: No Plea Bargain — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by proudly9ja(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2009
I have just read Waziri's interview on VOA hausa service and Ild like to pose a question to the house based on a particular aspect of what she mentioned:

Reacting to the recent verdict meted out to Chief Olabode George and others, Waziri, said "Yes am happy because all that Nuhu Ribadu did were plea bargain and you know it is not in our law. I rejected plea bargain because how can someone loot and use the money to be free. In our following of rule of law we do not agree with it and so this is a big conviction and landmark."Commenting on her commission's progress, she noted: "We are doing our best and have shut down about 800 websites, and charging people of that character to court, and we had set up a mechanism, Transparency Clearing Desk. Any one that wants to do business in Nigeria should contact us if you give us address we go to Corporate Affairs and find out not for a company to register with the aim of selling fish only to be engaging with road construction.

First I must congratulate her on Bode George's conviction. Kudos. However, my question is based on the highlighted part.

Which do you guys prefer, plea bargain where the thief returns the money and given a slap in the hand judgement or minimum jail term but the thief still gets to keep the loot?

In an Ideal situation, I know none of the options make sense but this is far from ideal and it seems this is what we have to 'manage' with in Naija for now.

So what do you guys think?
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by mrperfect(m): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2009
Is not all that easy to draw a conclusion.
God knows who is who.
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by kpokpobita: 11:38am On Nov 03, 2009
mr Mrperfect or what you call your self,
who are you supporting now because i don`t known how 2 comment on your words?
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by mrofficial(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2009
Return the goddamn cash and serve ya jail term.
If i can loot 84 billion naira and serve 2 years jail term, why not? I'll do it.
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by freety(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
mr.official:

Return the goddamn cash and serve ya jail term.
If i can loot 84 billion naira and serve 2 years jail term, why not? I'll do it.

True talk my brother,
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by chosen04(f): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
have just read Waziri's interview on VOA hausa service and Ild like to pose a question to the house based on a particular aspect of what she mentioned:

Poster, But why is it that trusted stations like the CNN, SKY NEWS, BBC English or even VOA English hardly grant interviews to "these People".
Re: Plea Bargain Or Jail Term? Ribadu Vs Waziri: What Say Ye? by Nezan(m): 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
@OP; both are not sufficient enough to deal with the level of corruption in 9ja.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp / I Am Jesus Christ-soludo / Anambra Empowers Disabled Nde Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.