Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) (1402 Views)

AWCON 2018 Cameroon Vs Nigeria - 27th Nov. 4:30pm / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / RUSSIA 2018: Cameroon Coach Gets Must Win Ultimatum Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
Cameroon Football Federation has tasked its team Indomitable Lions to brace up for the challenge of beating Nigeria twice to boost their chances of qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Cameroon are four points behind having drawn two matches, while Nigeria have maintained a 100 percent record including the generous 3-1 win against Algeria last weekend in Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

The Super Eagles will host the Indomitable Lions August 27, and then travel to Cameroon September 2 for the reverse fixture. Four points from those games will almost seal qualification for Nigeria.

But a statement by Fecafoot urged the Lions who barley escaped defeat by Zambia last weekend to maintain a positive attitude. “In order to maintain a positive record on the performances of our national team, only one goal is needed: to shine in Gabon and to win both matches against Nigeria, “ Fécafoot stated in a press release.

“Despite the timorous performance today (Sunday) against Zambia, senior LIC are fully aware of the issues and their determination will lead them to victory.” Coach Hugo Broos added : “Before this match, we already knew that the matches against Nigeria will be decisive. “We will have to win to have another chance to go to the World Cup. We have eight months to prepare.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/cameroon-fa-targets-double-nigeria/

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by phemsie(m): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tall dreams
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
phemsie:
Tall dreams

they couldn't even beat Zambia at their backyard

and they are taking of red hot Nigeria here in naija

TheSuperNerd, micron, blueto, ItsQuinn, safarigirl,

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
We can beat them smiley

Look at Nigeria's performance and how far we've gone smiley

Anything is possible.
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Men are allowed to dream...... No crime in dreaming and believing something smiley
So let them dream. It's no crime at all. Nothing is impossible afterall wink
robosky02:

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lwkmd! cheesy grin
robosky02:

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
After all they have 8 months to prepare grin

Hope they prepare well oh! cheesy
TheSuperNerd:
Men are allowed to dream...... No crime in dreaming and believing something smiley

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
We can beat them smiley

Look at Nigeria's performance and how far we've gone smiley

Anything is possible.

on current form I don't think Cameroon cant stand us

check players one on one

and the team moral at the moment not history
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

I think to be realistic they want to sack their coach

but they need a good excuse to do that.

how can they ask him to do what they KNOW is practically impossible

abi them think say naija no won go world cup grin grin
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
cheesy we should place bets on correct scores not who will win. Let say 6-1 cheesy
robosky02:

on current form I don't think Cameroon cant stand us

check players one on one

and the team moral at the moment not history
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
Looooolllll..... Hope they prepare well to get beaten.

Well, truth is, they got the Afcon next year shaa. They are looking for a boost before they take us on.... So let them dream.

But wait a minute! **checks moniker**

Madam ItsQuinn!!! You?? Thought you will wanna see Nigeria lose this time.... smiley

ItsQuinn:
After all they have 8 months to prepare grin

Hope they prepare well oh! cheesy
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Now that's another angle to things. Trying to Beat Nigeria now is like trying to finish up Babel's tower. wink

But Cameroun will be tough as always for Nigeria shaa. In all, Nigeria will win.

robosky02:

I think to be realistic they want to sack their coach

but they need a good excuse to do that.

how can they ask him to do what they KNOW is practically impossible

abi them think say naija no won go world cup grin grin
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Cameroon na chicken bone compare to Algeria and Canada na smiley
TheSuperNerd:
Looooolllll..... Hope they prepare well to get beaten.

Well, truth is, they got the Afcon next year shaa. They are looking for a boost before they take us on.... So let them dream.

But wait a minute! **checks moniker**

Madam ItsQuinn!!! You?? Thought you will wanna see Nigeria lose this time.... smiley

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
cheesy we should place bets on correct scores not who will win. Let say 6-1 cheesy

you don start abi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Now that's another angle to things. Trying to Beat Nigeria now is like trying to finish up Babel's tower. wink

But Cameroun will be tough as always for Nigeria shaa. In all, Nigeria will win.

worse case scenario

Nigeria will take 4 point from the 2 legged encounter

or even one win at home and a lose in Cameroon is still ok for naija
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ohhh.... So now the "indomitable lions" of cameroun don become chicken bone ehn?? grin

Or it is rather the form and rise of the Super Eagles that informs your decision... wink

I know what you're gonna do. You're gonna play a bet of a Nigeria win (straingt win or win/draw) and come on NL next year saying, "I think Cameroun will nick it" smiley

8months from now is long time away and your assertion now may change. Loolll

I see you as a realist kinda... You flow with the "realities" of what eyes can see. #JustSaying

ItsQuinn:
Cameroon na chicken bone compare to Algeria and Canada na smiley
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
I dont see Nigeria losing in Cameroun. Except.... We are hit with plethora of injuries.

robosky02:

worse case scenario

Nigeria will take 4 point from the 2 legged encounter

or even one win at home and a lose in Cameroon is still ok for naija

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I dont see Nigeria losing in Cameroun. Except.... We are hit with plethora of injuries.

exactly the reverse is the case

cos we will even take the whole 6 point and qualify right their in Cameroon
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
robosky02:

grinsmiley
I know that this is football where anything can happen, but I will say he went to far if he actually vaunted of beating the SE in both legs considering this current SE's sublime form. Even the SE have not boasted like that despite their good results from quondam games.

this is one of the reasons I like Rohr, he talks on the pitch, and not on the pages of the newspapers smiley.
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by robosky02(m): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
blueto:
grinsmiley
I know that this is football where anything can happen, but I will say he went to far if he actually vaunted of beating the SE in both legs considering this current SE's sublime form. Even the SE have not boasted like that despite their good results from quondam games.

this is one of the reasons I like Rohr, he talks on the pitch, and not on the pages of the newspapers smiley.

gbam grin grin

the Algeria and Zambia they couldn't beat we have humbled them

Zambia almost ran away with a famous win right at their backyard
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
You are soo right smiley
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhh.... So now the "indomitable lions" of cameroun don become chicken bone ehn?? grin

Or it is rather the form and rise of the Super Eagles that informs your decision... wink

I know what you're gonna do. You're gonna play a bet of a Nigeria win (straingt win or win/draw) and come on NL next year saying, "I think Cameroun will nick it" smiley

8months from now is long time away and your assertion now may change. Loolll

I see you as a realist kinda... You flow with the "realities" of what eyes can see. #JustSaying

Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
And you're so happy I'm right because you just enjoy being a realist.... smiley
ItsQuinn:
You are soo right smiley
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by excel101(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Well i don't blame this Camerounian coach, he's deceiving the people of Cameroun for failing to beat the Zambians in their backyard.
Re: Russia 2018: Cameroon FA Targets Double Over Nigeria (just Imagine) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
kiss
TheSuperNerd:
And you're so happy I'm right because you just enjoy being a realist.... smiley

(1) (Reply)

Brock Lesnar Vs Goldberg / Am so sorry Guys / Netherlands Out Of Russia 2018 Worldcup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.