Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues (1217 Views)

Pls Help!!!!.....toyota Camry 08/10 VS Lexus Es350 07/08 / All Auto Gurus, Pls Help: Toyota Corolla, Prius, Yaris, Echo 05/06 / Help! Toyota Corolla 2005 P2716 Check Engine Code! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by karo93: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
My brake has gone flat and soft for over a month down and doesn't return unless pulled back up using the toes....

So far.... The brake has been bled frequently, master brake changed, servo changed, brake pads still in good condition, brake fluid level constant.... No leaks......

Both myself and the mechanics are confused....... Any one with suggestions and pointers will be appreciated
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by kingreign(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
karo93:
My brake has gone flat and soft for over a month down and doesn't return unless pulled back up using the toes....

So far.... The brake has been bled frequently, master brake changed, servo changed, brake pads still in good condition, brake fluid level constant.... No leaks......

Both myself and the mechanics are confused....... Any one with suggestions and pointers will be appreciated
Assuming your techie has done all these,
Does your car have an ABS system?
Location?
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by karo93: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Yes it is ABS..... Osun state
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by kingreign(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2016
karo93:
Yes it is ABS..... Osun state
Is the ABS light on?
Scan the ABS.
Does the brake stop the car when pressed normally or unless its pressed hard?
I maybe forced to believe the brake pedal assy has been tampered with and its return spring isn't in place.

PS: scanning of ABS doesn't mean it fixes the problem, it only tells you what th problem is.
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
karo93:

what vehicle?
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by karo93: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Toyota camry 05
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by kingreign(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
karo93:
Toyota camry 05
I wish to remotely assist you, but the info you give is not too detailed, and also you delay before responding to your thread.
This is the constraint I'm facing and as a result, I'm unfollowomg this thread.
Cheers!
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:39am On Nov 17, 2016
kingreign:

Is the ABS light on?
Scan the ABS.
Does the brake stop the car when pressed normally or unless its pressed hard?
I maybe forced to believe the brake pedal assy has been tampered with and its return spring isn't in place.

PS: scanning of ABS doesn't mean it fixes the problem, it only tells you what th problem is.

From the discription, thats has nothing to do with ABS, do you know how ABS works ? Its simply stops the brake from locking all the wheels during braking, his/her problem is the brake pedal not returning after braking
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

From the discription, thats has nothing to do with ABS, do you know how ABS works ? Its simply stops the brake from locking all the wheels during braking, his/her problem is the brake pedal not returning after braking

Faulty abs pump could cause a loss of pressure on brake lines seen it lots of times.
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by karo93: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Thanks @ Gazzuzz...... Sorry for the late reply.... Rilly had a busy day...... How much does an ABS pump go by?.... Or can it be repaired?
Re: Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20am On Nov 18, 2016
karo93:
Thanks @ Gazzuzz...... Sorry for the late reply.... Rilly had a busy day...... How much does an ABS pump go by?.... Or can it be repaired?

Did you buy a new or toks master cylinder?

(1) (Reply)

Buying My First Car : Nissa Xterra 2003. Advise Pls / Datsun Introduces Its First Crossover "Datsun Cross". What Do You Think? / How To Drive An Automatic Vehicle In Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.