Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba (15120 Views)

NBC Sanctions 86 Broadcasting Stations / BBC News IGBO Officially Launched / BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by kinnlive(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

BBC the only reason AM radios sell out in Northern Nigeria.

I grew up listening to BBC in Hausa and any other language will make it weird.
deal with it

1 Like

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Well, better than never
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2016
kinnlive:
deal with it

I'm trying...believe me
grin grin grin grin
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by jamieb74(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Wolff12: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2016
lastelle ushering and events are recruiting!!!!! we are looking for smart, talented, well spoke, beautiful young ladies. please send your photos and statistics to lastelleushering@yahoo.com.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by victorazy(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2016
sunsewa16:
biafra dreams coming closer to reality with this,nice move though.
Same thing I'm seeing but many won't understamd.

2 Likes

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Debra911(f): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2016
wow! Nice move. Bravo!!
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2016
Southerners should be happy now; 'northern domination' is reducing. Followers of conspiracy theories of the likes of Fani Kayode can now sleep well. They are catching up with the north.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by emmalexabl(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2016
I wont be surprised seeing IGBOs and AFONJAs fight over this one too here on nl..

You know they always go physical at each other on slightest provocation cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2016
Korex10:
I don't know why I feel this is rather late,after all they have always known there are 3 major languages in Nigeria yet they chose to broadcast in only one for decades.....
Better late than never though.

It is business decision, not political. They're not Nigerian governmnt,owe no one allegiance.

1 Like

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by emi14: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Sorry oooo no vex. How can this effect the economic tension in Nigeria?. Nonsense
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2016
Korex10:
I don't know why I feel this is rather late,after all they have always known there are 3 major languages in Nigeria yet they chose to broadcast in only one for decades.....
Better late than never though.
Because the number of people speaking the language is the target, not the country.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by maj007(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Princefrankie1:
Nice move.

Meanwhile, listening to Don williams "Senorita"
Oh God, this man is too good.
I can't just have enough of this guys music.
Please can someone help me with a good site to download all his tracks.

I have downloaded about 300 tracks already,, but there are still some tracks I love but yet can't find where to download.

A fan of country music!!!!!

I have about just over 500 of Don Williams' tracks. How i wish i can share.

And oooh. U should try DOLLY Parton too. Especially her collabos with Porter Wagoner.

Do you know the "I will always love u" originally belongs to Dolly. She sang it when she was ending her partnership with Porter W. Whitney only did the remake.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by EazyMoh(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Lol! So finally this conspiracy has now been put to rest.
But this should be a bad news to ipads, because BBC Igbo will saying opposite of what Radio Biabia will be saying. In other words it's like Biafraudexposed has launched his radio station.
Anyway Congrats!
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by buffalowings: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Haha
This guys don't know about yorubas and igbos

Na English channels we dey like

Except if to say Na afmag
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by lonelydora: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Good morning to them.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Ameen964(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2016
Princefrankie1:
Nice move.

Meanwhile, listening to Don williams "Senorita"
Oh God, this man is too good.
I can't just have enough of this guys music.
Please can someone help me with a good site to download all his tracks.

I have downloaded about 300 tracks already,, but there are still some tracks I love but yet can't find where to download.

Please can you help me with the link to that site, am also a big fan of Don Williams
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by marquay: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

BBC the only reason AM radios sell out in Northern Nigeria.

I grew up listening to BBC in Hausa and any other language will make it weird.
because you are hausa na
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by maj007(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Ameen964:

Please can you help me with the link to that site, am also a big fan of Don Williams

I download with torrent downloader.

I can put u through if u want.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Ameen964(m): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2016
maj007:

A fan of country music!!!!!

I have about just over 500 of Don Williams' tracks. How i wish i can share.

And oooh. U should try DOLLY Parton too. Especially her collabos with Porter Wagoner.

Do you know the "I will always love u" originally belongs to Dolly. She sang it when she was ending her partnership with Porter W. Whitney only did the remake.

Please bro help me with name of those sites. I just cant have enough of Don Williams' and Dolly Parton's music.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by MSItachi: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2016
How i wish Nairaland can have a music service
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Caseless: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2016
And they want you to believe north is backward. grin grin

E don Tay wey don de on this...
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by maj007(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Ameen964:

Please bro help me with name of those sites. I just cant have enough of Don Williams' and Dolly Parton's music.

U will need to install utorrent downloader first.

Let me knw once u do that. I will assist with the torrent file links.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2016
I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE FIRST IGBO BROADCAST,AM DUSTING MY WORLD RECEIVER ALREADY.

4 Likes

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Guyman02: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Igbos no get time for British propaganda, BBC can continue to deceive the North with propaganda as they have done for several decades now.
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by phidipe(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2016
depezee:
Afongas will be like; so BBC want to recognise IPOB
ORI E TI DARU, ODE BURUKU
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by GodIsFoolish: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2016
Mockinbird:

Hey?
What kinda moniker and siggy is yours?!
You need help.
I don't get you
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Progressive01(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Go:
We don't need their services, they broadcast more lies and propagandas than Lagos' medium/broadcasters
Give it to them, they beat their chest asking you to go to hell, that they can do without it.

Don't give it to them, they'd wail till eternity talking complaining everyone hates them and screaming "marginalisation".

What a confused lot. cheesy
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by Mockinbird: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
I don't get you
Moniker means "username" Siggy = "signature" you gerrit?
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by ransomed: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2016
Neo colonization. They exit Europe where they have low natural resources to re-enter their old colonies to "drink" the available raw materials. Brutish racists reloading....
Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by musicwriter(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2016
I hope you all that thinks our native languages are useless will come to your senses now that the British that gave you English believes our native Igbo and Yoruba languages are better used to serve news to the populace.

Now, if the British from thousands of kilometers know the importance of news disemination in our native languages, I find it hard to believe nobody in government and among the so called educated people understands it's relevance in education.

Hopefully, this may lead us to connect the dots ourselves, or rather I wish the British would open up and tell us how stupid we're for putting our native languages at the back seat. May be that would reset our damaged brains.

1 Like

Re: BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba by maj007(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2016
Mockinbird:

Hey?
What kinda moniker and siggy is yours?!
You need help.

And I pray he gets it before it is too late.

Habaaaa. How can someone even think of such expressions.

Na wah ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Enya's Music Satanic???? / Banky W 'Unborn Child' Video (Featuring Lynnxx) / Davido - FEEL (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.