Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

I Saw The 2016 Night Sky Super Moon By Micheal A Adeniyi - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Saw The 2016 Night Sky Super Moon By Micheal A Adeniyi (480 Views)

I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. / Video Of Huge Whale Killed In Bayelsa, Butchered With Chain Saw Machine / Akwa Ibom State Wins the 2016 Best Web Presence Award In The Nitda-nihilen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Saw The 2016 Night Sky Super Moon By Micheal A Adeniyi by 9jaclicktivist: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2016
The cool night of monday 14 November 2016 was a night to remember, the world experiencesd a super moon and its illumination was bright as a flourescent light. Historically monday's moon was the closest full-sized moon to earth since 1948. And, much to the disappointment of nature- lovers, the super moon of this magnitude, would again be spotted only in 2034.
This year super moon was unique, as it does not stand as a mean between the two calendar years, but has a firm tilt towards the latter. In its own way, it conveys to humankind that the future is what we should look towards, as the nature too moves in the direction of what is bright and good. Monday’s night moon was the second in the series of the super moons seen this year, the last would rise in December 2016, although of a lesser magnitude, you can as well watchout for that one also, the super moon on Monday night was significant in the eyes of the star-gazers.
Let's just Leave the science aside for a moment, the super moon was quintessentially a reminder of the place that moon occupies in the imagination of the world. To see a super moon, is akin to making peace with oneself in the turbulent times we live in, I experienced a calm in my nerves as I watch the wonderful work of nature, the presence in the dark sky is a silent reminder of all that is natural and, therefore, beautiful in the realm of the human. Poets and philosophers have written about the importance of the moon and beauty, the way it transcends the usual dimension of being, and rises above, to touch the feelings of man. The refinement of feelings is perhaps one special way that an event like the super moon contributes to mankind. The moon has also become a metaphor for romantic musings.
Back to science, scientists have explained that the moon's path around earth is mildly elliptical and, therefore, it is at times closer and other times, farther from its chosen planet. And, the night when the moon shines the best is what we popularly call full moon and this is when its path is closest to earth, with this it could continue further till it transforms into a super moon. The phenomenon also increases the light of the moon, as its capacity to lighten enhances by 30 per cent. Philosophers have always put forward the argument that the world is in flux and we, mere mortals, are specks in this large machine that we call our home planet. Although, at the same time, they argue, human agency creates that flux, the movement of history, the life that is lived individually and collectively with others. The super moon is a timely reminder of the motion that forms the destiny of the world, gives it a foundation, a place to live and breathe. It would be revealing to think what others in different countries, continents and cultures would have thought, while looking at the brightest light on this week’s dark sky. Some thoughts would have been personal, others political and still others related to the divine and the awe that nature has the ability to produce in the hearts and minds of people. Thus, nature communicates with human beings, perhaps telling them that life can be good, if we know how to make it, to protect the nature as it nourishes us, to live with peace and principles with other cultures and peoples.
Live is beautiful, I saw the moon, the moon saw me, God bless the moon and God bless me!

@9jaclicktivist
tapreadwebmaster@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

This Prefab House Can Move With Its Owners. / 8 Surefire Ways To Protect Your Online Passwords / Why More Women Should Be Represented In The Nigerian Tech Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.