Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) (19849 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuarterFinals?

Nigeria: 92% (83 votes)
New Zealand: 7% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Nigeria Vs New Zealand: FIFA Women's WC Quarter Final (4 - 1) Full Time! / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Mannylex(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
People say this would be an easy match for the eaglets, but we hope we don't get a shocker, so make your predictions.

Date: Thursday, 5th November
Time : 7pm
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Mannylex(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2009
The match kicks-off at 7pm
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Cristalz(f): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2009
NFF has provided 40,000 free tickets.
ALready gotten mine! grin

Go Eaglets!
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by foyeks2001(f): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2009
dem go beat Nigeria, make una no go waste una time for stadium
score line is 2-1 against Nigeria
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Ojumiii(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2009
ALready gotten mine! Grin

Go Eaglets!

Good luck
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by toideve(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
Cristalz:

Go Eaglets!

40,000 free ticket shocked shocked so how are they suppose to make profit
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Ojumiii(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2009

That is the beauty of any game, winning & losing
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by xtremeidea(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
i dnt understand why a match will be played in teslim balogun stadium n those Lasma n other officials will block everywhere with barriers, thereby leaving us staying in surulere n some other parts of the mainland stranded, sad sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry

itz really a sad story, imagine on friday i left the office by 7:30pm only to get home by 11pm

SHEY NA THE FIRST TIME WE GO HOST WORLD CUP BE THIS? WETIIN SEF?
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by JAZES(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
foyeks2001:

I hope it wasnt TB Joshua that told you oooooooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by babsen2: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
we must win
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Nezan(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2009
foyeks2001:

I wonder why Nigeria is so full of negative thinking people. Just listen to yourself . . . did you make any sense? you should have at least wished them luck.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Ojumiii(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2009
40,000 free ticket Shocked Shocked so how are they suppose to make profit Huh
ticket

Nigerian Government know no profit.

Its also another way to corruption, 4,000 free ticket that will go to there family, friends & girlfriends, will be written has 40,000 free ticket.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by cvibe: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
Did they say they were hosting the competition to make profit in the first place?
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by otunba74: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2009
hi frdship,just to know what is on ground cos i had this morning dt nasu is going on strike,hw true is it.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by tkb417(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nigeria 3 N-Zealand 0

Up Up Nigeria!!!

They must win by force o
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by koolchicco: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2009
Here's wishing the F/eagles the best of luck.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by dogice(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
best of luck to d overaged eaglets
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by DrLorenz1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
Cristalz:

Go Eaglets!

Y wont u get urs when you're in Abj? People like us that live in the Militant (former) Zone, don't get to have such things  grin

toideve:

40,000 free ticket shocked shocked so how are they suppose to make profit

Profit was not the reason for the free tickets. I'm thinking it's because they want the stadium to be full.  grin

JAZES:

I hope it wasnt TB Joshua that told you oooooooooo  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Perhaps so. Ask am very well. If it happens like that (which i vehemently don't want it to), i won't be surprised if we hear that he said it before the match.   lipsrsealed

Nezan:

I wonder why Nigeria is so full of negative thinking people. Just listen to yourself . . . did you make any sense? you should have at least wished them luck.

Don't mind her. . .she was only exercising her right to be heard. She should have read what's written under my (wats that thing called?)  grin
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Princek12(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2009
They are giving out free tickets because FIFA's vice president expressed his disappointment at the low turnout at the Nigerian games; he said that it shows lack of patriotism, especially when Nigerian fans headed out of the stadium when the Eaglets were down three goals to the Germans. He intimated that it was inappropriate not to support your team--17 yr olds particularly--at a time when they most needed the fans' support (unbeknowst to him, a number of our players are grown ass men).
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Agbo2(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nigeria 3 - NZ 1
I have already watched the match.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by yampoo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2009
Am very optimistic that NIgeria will triumph over New Zealand. GO EAGLETS VICTORY ALL THE WAY. PROUDLY NIGERIAN
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Maxidoe(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
I see Nigeria Triumphing over New Zealand easily,but is there any cause to appreciate them and even follow the competition when we know we are age cheats,does it make sense that a 25 years old and above parading himself as a 16 years old plus,about 9 years removed,and that is the captain of the team,i wont be shocked if the other players in the team are more than 30 years,for this reason alone i hope and pray we dont win it
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by IFELEKE(m): 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
no doubts, eaglets all the way
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by bestvera: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
With all those over aged players, they suppose to win except God of soccer want to punish them for cheating.
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by paddylo1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2009
does it make sense that a 25 years old and above parading himself as a 16 years old plus,about 9 years removed,and that is the captain of the team,i wont be shocked if the other players in the team are more than 30 years

Such negativity, and what about the MRI, plus who says being older makes u better, if anything it makes u slower, thats why most international players retire after 30, i think most of those naija boys are kids, looking at them from my t.v, u need to come see 15yr old boys and girls over here, u would swear they were 28, seems like kids nowadays look older than they are, for whateva reason,
PS, MRI will show the bone in your wrist that does not fuse unless u are 17+, if the eaglets passed it they passed it, no need to defame them
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by chiboy7(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
foyeks2001:

YOU ARE VERY WICKED angry, When will you learn to say positive words to ur country Nigeria. angry

9JA ALL THE WAY 3-0
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by chiboy7(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nezan:

dont mind her, we dont need pple like her in this country. Full of negative
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Maxidoe(m): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
paddy_lo:

Such negativity, and what about the MRI, plus who says being older makes u better, if anything it makes u slower, thats why most international players retire after 30, i think most of those naija boys are kids, looking at them from my t.v, u need to come see 15yr old boys and girls over here, u would swear they were 28, seems like kids nowadays look older than they are, for whateva reason,
PS, MRI will show the bone in your wrist that does not fuse unless u are 17+, if the eaglets passed it they passed it, no need to defame them

From your post its obvious you are not living in Nigeria or you dont follow Nigeria's youth soccer.No player in that Nigerian squad is less than 23,am just be soft.A youth coach came out to declare that the captain of the Nigerian side, played for a side he coached in 2003 and the dude was 17 at that time,so do the maths, personally we know some of the players hence their ages,i personally know a 29 year old guy who played in the last under 17 which Nigeria won,guy u think Taiye Taiwo is 24 year,Martins 24,Yakubu 27, Yobo 27,Mikel 22,guy then you need to wake up.I dont why when we say fact about our country you all scream negativity,anyway the truth is always bitter.And i can tell you,you dont support any Nigerian team more than i do.No hard feelings, we cheat outrageously in age group soccer
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by paddylo1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2009
From your post its obvious you are not living in Nigeria or you dont follow Nigeria's youth soccer.No player in that Nigerian squad is less than 23,am just be soft.A youth coach came out to declare that the captain of the Nigerian side, played for a side he coached in 2003 and the dude was 17 at that time,so do the maths, personally we know some of the players hence their ages,i personally know a 29 year old guy who played in the last under 17 which Nigeria won,guy u think Taiye Taiwo is 24 year,Martins 24,Yakubu 27, Yobo 27,Mikel 22,guy then you need to wake up.I dont why when we say fact about our country you all scream negativity,anyway the truth is always bitter.And i can tell you,you dont support any Nigerian team more than i do.No hard feelings, we cheat outrageously in age group soccer
u have not replied to the point i raised about the MRI that FIFA administers, its science, unless u also claim that science is fake, then i cant help u,
all the boys look very young to me, u should instead look at the other teams whose playas look much bigger and older
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Maxidoe(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
paddy_lo:

u have not replied to the point i raised about the MRI that FIFA administers, its science, unless u also claim that science is fake, then i cant help u,
all the boys look very young to me, u should instead look at the other teams whose playas look much bigger and older

For your information the MRI scanner has not been used by FIFA on any nigerian player.And the scanner was only used by NFA on the players and 80% of the players failed the test,yet they are still the ones representing the nation.I dont have a prob with them,but its good we choose the right age no matter the result we would get.You also did not answer my question about the ages of the Nigerian players i asked you about,if u dont know it is a known fact in Nigeria that most of our players especially those that have represented us in age grade competition are more than five years older than their age,in Nigeria we have real age and football age,almost all Nigerian players use football age
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by princekevo(m): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2009
If they beat those Agentines and came out first from that group of death, i cant remember the day Newzealand started playing soccer. The Eaglet is gonna fly higher this time. Goodluck to them
Re: Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) by Cristalz(f): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
Princek12:

They are giving out free tickets because FIFA's vice president expressed his disappointment at the low turnout at the Nigerian games; he said that it shows lack of patriotism, especially when Nigerian fans headed out of the stadium when the Eaglets were down three goals to the Germans. He intimated that it was inappropriate not to support your team--17 yr olds particularly--at a time when they most needed the fans' support (unbeknowst to him, a number of our players are grown ass men).

The above is the main reason for the free tickets.
They want the turnout at the stadium to be good.  .  .there are even going to be buses to transport people to the stadium from some locations in Abuja free. shocked
Dunno if they will take the people back home sha. grin

@Dr. Lorenz
Come over to Abj naw, you'll definitely get as many tickets as you want for free. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Looking Unstoppable But Can Still Miss Out On Next Season's UCL / Olympiacos Signs Emmanuel Emenike (Photos) / Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.