Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial (1102 Views)

Aisha Buhari Reposts Video Of Misau Criticising Buhari Led FG On Twitter / 'Jonathan Testifying For Dasuki In Court Is Desirable'- Dasuki's Lawyer A. Raji / Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dasuki’s lawyer tackles FG on purported offer to attend Dad’s burial ON NOVEMBER 16, 201612:57 PMIN NEWSCOMMENTS A senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Ahmed Raji and counsel to the detained former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Mohammed Sambo Dasuki has taken the Federal Government to task on the purported offer granted Dasuki to allow him travel to Sokoto to attend the burial of his late father and 18th Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki who was buried on Tuesday.

The counsel who spoke with the judiciary journalist at the FCT High Court Abuja said that the purported offer was doubtful because none of his lawyers was contacted on the issue. Former National Security Adviser, NSA, to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Sambo Dasuki He said: “As his counsel, we are not aware of that offer. Our client has not told us anything of that nature. We would have expected that if such a gesture was going to be made to him we as his counsel should have been involved so that we can advise him properly.

As I am speaking to you, I am hearing of this for the first time.” Raji said there was no basis for the continued detention of Dasuki by government having being granted bail by three different high courts in Abuja in the charges against him as well as the order of the ECOWAS court for his unconditional release in the case for the enforcement of his fundamental rights to freedom of liberty.

He said “Dasuki has been granted three bails and one outright judgement for his release by the ECOWAS court which is binding in honour on Nigeria The lawyer appeal to the Federal Government to set a good example by according respect to the rule of law and the principle of fairness and natural justice by ensuring the immediate release of the EX-NSA in compliance with various court orders. Meanwhile, the trial of former National Security Adviser on the alleged arms deals filed against him by the Federal Government at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory has been adjourned to December 7, 2016.

The trial was put off at the instance of lawyers from the prosecution and defence sides who jointly agreed that the mood was not proper for the trial of the Ex-NSA whose father and the 18 Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki was just buried on Tuesday in Sokoto. Dasuki was not brought before the court for undisclosed reasons but his counsel Mr. Ahmed Raji told the judiciary journalists that the former NSA was still mourning the sudden passage of his father.

The counsel hinted that although the matter was not officially mentioned before Justice Baba Yusuf who was billed to conduct the trial, all lawyers involved in the matter felt that the period was not good for the trial and hence their joint agreement for an adjournment till December 7, 2016. Apart from Dasuki all other defendants in the matter comprising former Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, former Minister of State for Finance, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, Director Finance and Supply in the Office of the National Security Adviser Salisu Shuaibu and Alhaji Aminu Baba Kusa were present in court.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/dasukis-lawyer-tackles-fg-purported-offer-attend-dads-burial/
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
Law of karma is respecter of nobody
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by IVORY2009(m): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:
Law of karma is respecter of nobody

law of karma indeed! Wickedness @ the highest level dat is wat president Buhari is displaying, till-date the man has not been charged to any court of law, neither has he been found guilty of the allegation levelled against him!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
IVORY2009:

law of karma indeed! Wickedness @ the highest level dat is wat president Buhari is displaying, till-date the man has not been charged to any court of law, neither has he been found guilty of the allegation levelled against him!

Your likes and all the charge and bail lawyer are pulling us back

If baba should react now you will all shout RULE OF LAW

What is it that the wailers want ?

1 Like

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Opinedecandid(m): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Such thoughtless hypocrisy and brazen display of disregard and disrespect the laws, courts and rights of Nigerians by the APC led federal government as seen in the Dasuki debacle is unfortunate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

you need wisdom sad

5 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by IVORY2009(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

This man should be charged to court and if the courts finds him guilty so be it, moreover, the president he served under has come to say, weapons where bought and till date president Buhari and his military are still making use of the weapons bought by the last administration, which Dasuki was the NSA.

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Such thoughtless hypocrisy and brazen display of disregard and disrespect the laws, courts and rights of Nigerians by the APC led federal government as seen in the Dasuki debacle is unfortunate.

Are you feigning ignorance of the height of the crime dasuki committed ?

He's facing treasonable offence

No place for the wicked

How many of the IDP witnessed the burial of their love ones

Pls don't come and preach moral here
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Opinedecandid(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

Oh, what we want?

We want you to realise that today it's unsolicitiously Dasuki's turn, tomorrow, it might be your turn.
It's so disheartening that Nigerians like you, especially the common ones, who are always the worst hit in the power game have kept mute on the continuous incarceration of the former NSA despite serious of court rulings invalidating the detention.

Except you are ignorant, uneducated or maybe blinded by religious, ethnic or veil political sentiments before you can support this flagrant illegality.

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=Opinedecandid post=51082523][/quote]

Just to quote me you can't

N you want baba to turn Nigeria to America in less than a year
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Opinedecandid(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

Just to quote me you can't

N you want baba to turn Nigeria to America in less than a year

This is what I wrote:

Oh, what we want?

We want you to realise that today it's unsolicitiously Dasuki's turn, tomorrow, it might be your turn.
It's so disheartening that Nigerians like you, especially the common ones, who are always the worst hit in the power game have kept mute on the continuous incarceration of the former NSA despite serious of court rulings invalidating the detention.

Except you are ignorant, uneducated or maybe blinded by religious, ethnic or veil political sentiments before you can support this flagrant illegality.

I have repeated myself so you inundate your bereft brain of the staggering facts in your face.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Opinedecandid(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

No place for the wicked

For your information and knowledge, no offence is greater than the law. Get that.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Opinedecandid:

This is what I wrote:

Oh, what we want?

I have repeated myself so you inundate your bereft brain of the staggering facts in your face.

My brother dasuki chop alone

Let him face the music alone

Unless otherwise may be you are part of the slush fund
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Opinedecandid(m): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

My brother dasuki chop alone

Let him face the music alone

Unless otherwise may be you are part of the slush fund

I wasn't part of it.
I never knew nor met Dasuki from Adam, neither did I know or meet an acquaintance of his.

My only concern is that we can't continue this way if Nigeria must go forward.

We can't continue with this tendency of the winner taking it all even in the face of travesty of justice.

Else, we will continue to go about in circles.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
Opinedecandid:

I wasn't part of it.
I never knew nor met Dasuki from Adam, neither d I knew nor met an acquaintance of his.

My only concern is that we can't continue this way if Nigeria must go forward.

We can't continue with this tendency of the winner taking it all even in the face of travesty of justice.

Else, we will continue to go about in circle.

I like your passion on rule of law

Dasuki will be made example for others that wants to follow is trait
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Bujumbura(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

I will never stop purging you of this ZoneB you are swimming in

Now be healed

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Bujumbura(m): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

No place for the wicked

Sometimes i do ask myself the kind of IQ buhari supporters have?

Some idiot will click Like for this rubbish you posted where Corruption is a treasonable offence

I can't just free you like that. Oya bature

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bujumbura:
I will never stop purging you of this ZoneB you are swimming in

Now be healed

May our good lord open your eyes of understanding
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

I like your passion on rule of law

Dasuki will be made example for others that wants to follow is trait
What the government is doing is payback and not justice. They're only fighting their political enemies by using media and propaganda. The real culprit are still in aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Bujumbura(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

May our good lord open your eyes of understanding
Do you need your eyes for understanding grin

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bujumbura:
Sometimes i do ask myself the kind of IQ buhari supporters have?

Some idiot will click Like for this rubbish you posted where Corruption is a treasonable offence

I can't just free you like that. Oya bature

He diverted the money meant for bokoharam for personal use

A lot of people lost their lives and means of livelihood
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by Bujumbura(m): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:

He allegedly diverted the money meant for bokoharam for personal use

A lot of people lost their lives and means of livelihood

Has he been found guilty?

I've edited your comment for you

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by sarrki(m): 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bujumbura:
Has he been found guilty?

I've edited your comment for you

Ask the minister of justice
Re: Dasuki’s Lawyer Tackles FG On Purported Offer To Attend Dad’s Burial by progress69: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
IVORY2009:

Dansuki have not been charged to court? Ok na

(1) (Reply)

.see A Funny Signboard Fayose Put In Ekiti / Obasanjo And Osibanjo, Goodluck Jonathan Are Biafra, Not Yoruba People / EFCC Invites Man Who Is In A Dilemma Over MMM And Yahoo Yahoo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.