Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Sparks Ignite,mayor Resigns As Racist Brands Michelle Obama "Ape In Heels" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sparks Ignite,mayor Resigns As Racist Brands Michelle Obama "Ape In Heels" (1135 Views)

Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sparks Ignite,mayor Resigns As Racist Brands Michelle Obama "Ape In Heels" by vicraven(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
A racist Facebook post about Michelle Obama has sparked a furious backlash which saw a West Virginia mayor forced to resign.
The First Lady was branded an "ape in heels" in a vile social media post comparing her to president-elect Donald Trump's wife Melania.
Following the Republican candidate's victory,
Facebook user Pamela Ramsey Taylor, from the tiny town of Clay in West Virginia, praised the shift from Obama to Trump.
She wrote: "It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified first lady back in the White House.
"I'm tired of seeing an ape in heels."

Beverly Whaling, Mayor of Clay, responded to the post, saying: "Just made my day Pam."
The post and comments were subsequently deleted but were widely circulated online, sparking a furious backlash.
An online petition calling for the women's ouster drew 150,000 signatures as of Tuesday afternoon.

Whaling handed in her resignation, the Charleston Gazette-Mail reported.
In a statement to The Washington Post, Whaling apologised and said her comment was not intended to be racist.
"I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused!" she wrote.
Taylor also resigned from her role as a director of Clay County Development Corp, a government-funded nonprofit, on Friday.
Clay is a town of some 500 people about 25 miles northeast of state capital Charleston.
It has no African American residents, according to the 2010 census.
In Clay County as a whole, more than 98% of its 9,000 residents are white, the BBC reported

More:www.newskingz.com/forums/topic/sparks-ignitemayor-resigns-as-racist-brands-michelle-obama-ape-in-heels/

Re: Sparks Ignite,mayor Resigns As Racist Brands Michelle Obama "Ape In Heels" by IykeChukz(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
"Ape in heels"

She just made her point and it's glaring what she meant.

I predicted before the election that an average American will rather have their destiny secured with Trump than Obama and cronies.

What your husband sow in Nigeria, that what you'll reap.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Devastating Weather Causes Flood, Road Collapses, Kills 4 In California(photos). / Breaking: U.S Army Apache Attack Helicopters Arrive Germany (Pictures) / Israel Unveils Breakthrough Laser To Intercept Missiles, Aerial Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.