Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

ile-ife the source - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ile-ife the source (2004 Views)

Any Nairalander At Ile Ife? / Getting To Ile-ife From Onitsha / Getting To Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ile-ife the source by seeni4ever(m): 12:54am On Dec 02, 2005
i was born in this ancient town in 1983. i have my primary(elementry) and secondary(high) school education in this town before i came to usa in 2003. but being in united state doesn't stop me from thinking about this this ancient town ile-ife "the source of the yoruba race".
this town was discovered far back 500 bc;yeah, 500 bc, before the birth of jesus christ and this always makes me think that it might be one of the oldest town in the world.
according to the yoruba traditional believe, they believe that this town is the source of the wolrd, which i partially disagree with, but who knows?. we all know that garden of eden is the house of the first man on earth according to the believe of some major religions and the scientists also have there own version "the apes version".
since nobody knows where the garden of eden is or the origin of apes, then i can say the yoruba traditional believe about this town(ile-ife) is true in there own version.
i am urging our archaeologists to go to this town to do some research may be they can get some truth about the source of the world.

Re: ile-ife the source by WesleyanA(f): 5:47am On Dec 02, 2005
i think your post contains a little bit of exaggeration but nevertheless, nice topic!.
my parents are from there too. grin
Re: ile-ife the source by seeni4ever(m): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2005
there is nothing like exaggeration in this report. if u want to know more about this go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ile-Ife and read urself.
Re: ile-ife the source by WesleyanA(f): 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2005
Oh i get you. i see.
i learn something new everyday! see. cheesy
Re: ile-ife the source by hotangel2(f): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2005
Amazing! cheesy
Re: ile-ife the source by Zeus: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2005
I've just finished reading the Ife article on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ile-Ife. I'm interested in History. Can anyone post a title of a well written history of the Ife people? And please more Photographs
Re: ile-ife the source by ijebuman(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2005
Re: ile-ife the source by Kokscity(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2005
@ WeslayanA

There is saying that goes that "common sense is not common". The man is talking about a place he was born and raised and we have" chicken heads" telling him that he is exaggerating without any facts to back it up. You must just keep running your mouth, then you go to mentor and report people when you do not like what they say.

You must need to slow your roll. I think your problem is that you type then think. It is an impulsive problem that can be found during puberty. Solution: Shut up and let people post or make their point/opinion before you add your 2cents. Results: It makes you look like a Complete dope with a ? on his or her face.

@Seeni4ever

Sorry for being interupted by that "uninvited Tombo fly", Please continue to educate us about ur Ile-Ife,(The cradle of Yoruba Civilization).

NB:Here comes the Speech Czar about to regulate speech.
Re: ile-ife the source by WesleyanA(f): 1:45am On Jan 02, 2006
I (like Seeni) feel proud to be part of the great ILE-IFE, considering that both my parents are from there  cool . .
i won't bother waste my time since i see jealousy is enough punishment for you, old man kokscity wink. don't you just wish you were a teenager again?

that was a nice long speech by the way. How long did it take you to write that up? a couple of hours?

(1) (Reply)

Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k / Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? / Photos From The 42 Cameroonian Immigrants Who Died In Sea Crossing To Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.