Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper (17654 Views)

Ajimobi Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Any Herdsmen Found With A Gun / Charles Eni-Umukoro Remanded In Kuje Prison Over Murder Of Wife, Louisa Eni / BREAKING: Wike Orders ARMY To Take Over ORASHI Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
Rivers State Executive Council has directed the Attorney General of the State to prosecute the 2015 All Progressives Congress ( APC) Deputy Governorship Candidate , Honourable Asita Okorie for the murder of an NYSC member at Akinima in Ahoada West Local Government Area during the March 19, 2016 rerun legislative elections .

Addressing journalists after the Rivers State Executive Council meeting presided over by Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Wednesday at the Executive Council Chambers of the Government House , Port Harcourt , Commissioner of Information , Dr Austin Tam-George informed that the council gave the directive in line with the recommendation of the Justice Monima Danagogo Commission of Inquiry into the violence and killings that characterised the March 19, 2016 rerun elections in the State .

The Rivers State Executive Council also accepted the recommendation of the Commission of Inquiry which indicted the Nigerian Army as being associated with various acts of violence ranging from assault through malicious destruction of property to murder .

The Rivers State Executive Council which met on Wednesday also directed the State Attorney General to prosecute one Mr ThankGod Ode for an attempted murder in Ogonokom, Abua Odual Local Government Area .

The Council also directed the Attorney General of the state to prosecute Mr Barry Mpigi for the murder of a pregnant woman whose name was Mrs Baby Nzuuga in Kpite Tai.

He added that the Justice Monima Danagogo Commission of Inquiry indicted several politicians and state institutions over their roles in the destruction of lives and property during the March 19 rerun elections .

The Rivers State Executive Council , therefore , directed the State Attorney General to file cases bordering on the enforcement of fundamental human rights for victims of the acts of violence by the Nigerian Army . These cases are to be filed pro-bono.

The State Executive Council of the State accepted the recommendation of the Commission of Inquiry that the Nigerian Army’s participation in the rerun elections was illegal. It further accepted the recommendation that in line with several court judgments , the Nigerian military should not participate in elections .

It will be recalled that Governor Wike set up the Commission of Inquiry on the 16th of April , 2016. The commission submitted its report to the Rivers State Government on 14th June , 2016.

http://politicsngr.com/wike-orders-prosecution-2015-apc-deputy-gov-candidate-murder-corper/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by doctokwus: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Is this d attribute of a man that seeks for peace in the upcoming elections?Yet some pple expect amaechi to be quiet and allow apc members be persecuted and totally destroyed at d whims and caprices of a lunatic in govt house.
I just hope for Wike's sake his stooges come out victorious in the upcoming elections because the soup being brewed for him if pdp loses is of a rare brew.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by ukenke: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
A big joke. I am sure no PDP person was indicted by the panel. Wike is working really hard for INEC postpone the election again. Just watch out.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by dukechilezie(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
And the poor Corper just died thereby dashing the hopes of his family members. The resurrection of this case at this moment is just to make political merchandise for selfish interest.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by kcmichael: 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
So this man thinks he can fool rivers people.so no PDP person was indicted.joke of the century.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Dracula27: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
He should face justice, let the ciurts decude if he is guilty or not.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by kcmichael: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
APC is just playing soft with this man,they shld teach him some lessons as Oshimole did to pdp in Edo state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by talktimi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
doctokwus:
[s]Is this d attribute of a man that seeks for peace in the upcoming elections?Yet some pple expect amaechi to be quiet and allow apc members be persecuted and totally destroyed at d whims and caprices of a lunatic in govt house.
I just hope for Wike's sake his stooges come out victorious in the upcoming elections because the soup being brewed for him if pdp loses is of a rare brew[/s].
he should sweep the death of an innocent corper under the carpet because the crime was committed by your saintly APC Oga cool Nigeria we hail thee

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by kcmichael: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
talktimi:
he should sweep the death of an innocent corper under the carpet because the crime was committed by your saintly APC Oga cool Nigeria we hail thee

All those indicted shld be taken to court,provide concrete evidence.but u wanna tell me that all PDP people in river state are free of all crime during March 2016 rerun

20 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by talktimi(m): 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
kcmichael:

All those indicted shld be taken to court,provide concrete evidence.but u wanna tell me that all PDP people in river state are free of all crime during March 2016 rerun
if you have any evidence then bring it forward.

21 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Flexherbal(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Politics !
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by veekid(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2016

ok; next?
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by eezeribe(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2016
OK
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by shamsuRana(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2016
angry

STUPID POLITICIANS WITH ETERNAL PARTY SENTIMENTS...FROM APC TO PDP TO KKK.
AND NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT LYNCHING A 7 YEAR OLD.

excerpt..

A seven-year old hungry and helpless boy, they lynched to death

Abba Ibrahim Gamawa (16/11/16)

I have honestly been avoiding the news about the lynching of a seven-year old boy, hoping it will just fizzle away like all those senseless and unimaginable headlines we come across from mischievous media outlets like Newsrescue.

I have had to drop my phone twice opon the sight of that headlines earlier today. But I guess the savagery of Lagosians is real, thus, a seven-year old boy was truly lynched and burnt to death. Subhanallah!

From the Brexit, to the Trump thing, and now this! How the supposedly enlightened ones (we see Lagos as such in Nigeria) are displaying uncivility and even barbarity is yet another paradox of our generation that we need to be mindful of.

I wouldn't even dare to compare the value of his life to the Garri (Kwaki!) he stole, for an adage says it's unfair to say knife is shaper than a stick.

Before going further, I have to say that I don't have the vocabulary that will do justice to my sentiment at the moment, and qualify these people for who they are at once. Perhaps you could suggest one to me.

I have lived in Lagos for almost a decade now, and trust me, you don't want me to tell you how the humans here are. But to think of a seven-year old boy being lynched is not something I have ever thought their barbarity is capable of, and nay! that they unperturbedly just did!

And at this point, the memory of these same people jumping on their feet in a deeply emotional charge to call the likes of SLS names for marrying an 18 year-old lady makes it all the more appalling.

Am already numbing in disbelief as to how they couldn't at least feel, even if they couldn't think; that what could possibly make a young boy steal Garri? I bet even the dumbest human in the world would say it's hunger. And to these animals, lynching and death is all a hungry and helpless boy deserved, while those who, in a single signature, stole a ten-year worth of the Garri that will be consumed in Nigeria, they glorify. What is this?! I honestly don't know.

And the death of this boy, although very tragic and painful, will not be as tragic and painful as it will be if the government doesn't arrest these animals and give them the justice they deserve; the justice Rev. King is to receive; death by hanging. But unlike that of Rev. King, this has to bee done quick enough to send a message that this monstrous attitude has no place in our contemporary Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Aburi001: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2016
Wike wan become Idi Amin of Uganda, he don forget say 4 years go soon remain 4 days shocked

When people are beating drums faster for you, use your head and dance slowly shocked

Nothing is permanent in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Chocogold: 7:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Yes,he most face the law...ride on my governor as I am at your back like hunch

3 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by jegz25(m): 7:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Wike is wicked...how many people PDP members killed in Rivers. Do justice 4 all

2 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Freshboye1(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]Seen
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by whytevardy(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2016
buhari this is what you caused

political battle between APC/PDP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by KingBelieve: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2016
Hmm
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Beehshorp(m): 7:57am On Nov 17, 2016
doctokwus:
Is this d attribute of a man that seeks for peace in the upcoming elections?Yet some pple expect amaechi to be quiet and allow apc members be persecuted and totally destroyed at d whims and caprices of a lunatic in govt house.
I just hope for Wike's sake his stooges come out victorious in the upcoming elections because the soup being brewed for him if pdp loses is of a rare brew.

Sharrap.. Infact gerrarrahia mehn... The one Buhari dey do na corruption fight andfight for justice.. But now Wike wan do him own u don dey preach about peace...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by edigne91: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2016
APC at it yet again undecided

1 Like

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by BashMe1(m): 7:58am On Nov 17, 2016
Bastard fellow. What shud they now do with you cos you are the lucifer in the same vein? you caused the most chaos
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by BjDreamchaser(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2016
Wike is the worst thing to have ever happened to Rivers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by lilrinse(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2016
all dox xpired pieces of political material sef!........
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by bigpicture001: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
....you are the biggest hypocrist if u condemn wike's action but never condemn APC selective prosecution action.APC told you pop stole government money for 2015 elections,we believed and hence prosecution has long begun,d question now is where did APC get their money to fund election.the laws and justice is not meant for pdp alone,who ever is found guilty of any crime should face it.whether aoc or pdp.u youth have been brain washd by antics of partisan politics....or unless ur a paid APC social media agent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Toluwani111: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
Nawa o

Besides, if you need a well designed blog, kindly quote me.
Re: Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
Wike is a very useless PDP/IPOB man... He has luck that Buhari hasn't taken him to jail... I hate anything PDD

If he likes let him do the best thing in this world no body needs his help mtseew..

BiafraudExposed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Reconvenes, Decries Buhari’s Serial Bill Rejections / Ugwuanyi Swears In Emmanuel Ikechukwu Obi As Health Commissioner / APC Zones Chairmanship Seat To North-Central, Lists South-East For Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.