Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report (18889 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by davibid: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

Where did you get your statistics from?

Maybe you didn't attend social studies classes

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by ednut1(m): 7:07am On Nov 17, 2016
only logical
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by bankyblue(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2016
Trump will send them home by next year.........lemme go and open a private uni to drag with oyedepo
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Obas101(m): 7:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? undecided
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by arabianights: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

HMM.ARE YOU FOR REAL?THIS IS SERIOUS
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 17, 2016
Nigeria has the highest population in Africa. No brainer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by recievesense: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

I pity the 2 idiats that liked the comment. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Slimpotter(m): 7:25am On Nov 17, 2016
oyetunder:
Somebody is already accusing buhari up there!!! Since time immemorial, many Nigerians have always travelled to study overseas-even when our universities were among the best globally. It is normal, considering the population of Nigeria, we must have high density of people who prefer to study outside the country. Some people will just wake up and be looking for 'someone' to blame-doing such in the most un-needed fashion is nothing but a symbol of monumental stupidity.
You c sense is in limited supply for some persons.... D guy blaming buhari up there is one of dem....Maybe it was buhari dat sent dem to study abroad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by edigne91: 7:26am On Nov 17, 2016
why won't it be that way with our crappy educational system
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2016
Qmerit:

so re you saying he is wrong?
give us the one you know pls
if it's Ghana or SA, or Egypt let us know what we do not

At the moment of my comment, google was my enemy (hahaha) so man just wanted clear facts void of gain saying (or dem say)

Now, ignorance's gone.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2016
nevilbot:

Can you prove his assertion wrong? Or u can name another African country with population higher than that of Nigeria?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_population

That link will clear ur doubts

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2016
[quote author=yekparikpa post=51102166][/quote]

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Rekyz:
At your age, you don't know that Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa? To knock your tongue just the hungry me.

Ifaa catch you eh,

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by udorwhite(m): 7:30am On Nov 17, 2016
80-90% of them are sons and daughters of politicans that put Nigeria in this mess,sir Trump pls repatriate.
Educationentry:
Nigeria has the highest number of students from Africa studying in the US with at least 10,674 Nigerian students. Other African countries with over 1,000 students in the US during the period include Ghana with 3,049, Kenya with 3,019 and South Africa with 1,813 according to a 2016 Open Doors Report on the International Educational Exchange.

There are over a million international students at US colleges and universities for the first time in history during the 2015-2016 academic year, an increase of seven per cent from the previous year to anew high of nearly 1,044,000 students reports Today.

Nigeria is 14th world wide with the highest numbers of international students in the US. The West African nation has the highest numbers since the 1986 – 87. 50.8 percent of the Nigerian students were pursuing their undergraduate, 35.4 percent their graduate studies, 11.5 percent Optional practical training and 2 percent on short term studies.

http://www.educationentry.com/2016/11/nigeria-has-highest-number-of-students.html
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Funjosh(m): 7:34am On Nov 17, 2016
Wasn't surprised cool
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by optimusprime2(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

Please use google this instant & stop this celebration of ignorance...
Yes Nigeria has the highest population in Africa with about 180, 000 000.
In the next 20 years, Nigeria is projected by UNDP to be the 5th most populated country in the world ... need a reference still?
-1 Google
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2016
davibid:

Maybe you didn't attend social studies classes

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2016
Obas101:
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? undecided

If you don't mind me also inquiring, how young are you?

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Justicealh3(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2016
And then
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2016
arabianights:
HMM.ARE YOU FOR REAL?THIS IS SERIOUS

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Princedapace(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2016
nevilbot:

Can you prove his assertion wrong? Or u can name another African country with population higher than that of Nigeria?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_population

That link will clear ur doubts

bro... is not about population.. is about our bad educational system.. that is the truth...
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:43am On Nov 17, 2016
recievesense:

I pity the 2 idiats that liked the comment. grin grin grin

Hahahaha, and what pitiable dismal for the one who quoted me.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by ttmacoy: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2016
When did trump say he is sending back international students?

He is after illegal immigrants who commit crimes simple.

Chocogold:
And the greedy Trump said he is sending them back to there country.i love the campus police as they vowed not to intimidate any student in the campus while some school officials promised not to release the status of any student publicly....Trump might be a disaster cos most of his lazy white folks only manage to finish diploma prog.lols

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2016
optimusprime2:

Please use google this instant & stop this celebration of ignorance...
Yes Nigeria has the highest population in Africa with about 180, 000 000.
In the next 20 years, Nigeria is projected by UNDP to be the 5th most populated country in the world ... need a reference still?
-1 Google

Thank you, no thanks to the feigned insult.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by davidif: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2016
yemiosinbajo:
Nigeria has the largest population in Africa, so what do you expect?

Duh!
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Chocogold: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2016
ttmacoy:
When did trump say he is sending back international students?

He is after illegal immigrants who commit crimes simple.

He made the statement 4hours ago...but am sure the house will resist him...
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by recievesense: 7:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Tobitrueman:

Hahahaha, and what pitiable dismal for the one who quoted me.

E pain am. tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by arabianights: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2016
[quote author=Tobitrueman post=51103216][/quote]now I Fully Understand Your Level Of Maturity Ana I.Q.Hope You Have Fixed Ur Room And Taken Breakfast?Dont Be Engaging Adults,okay And Pay Attention In Class,dear.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by davidif: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of African Students In The U.S -- Open Door Report by Tobitrueman(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2016
recievesense:

E pain am. tongue tongue
Let me help with the meme

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N75,000 Bursary For Education Students: FG To Attach Strict Conditions -TRCN / Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence / N1.2bn Fraud: Universities Begin Secret Moves To Clear Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.