Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,713 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] (46600 Views)

5 Tips To Make Your CV Standout And Grab Employers Attention In 2020 / 6 Attributes Employers Look For In A Candidate / 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by jeflexy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ariel20:
Even though 30years is an exaggeration. Nigerian graduates need to understand that "experience"isn't necessarily the blue collar jobs they all strive for.

What did you do in your undergraduate days? Did you volunteer at any organisation, apply for opportunities to travel out of this country. All of these experiences prepare you for opportunities in the future and they always have some sort of relevance.

To all undegraduates reading this, don't spend your life only reading or only partying. Please be dynamic and adventurous. Look for opportunities to learn all you can, apply for fellowship and travel opportunities. There are several online.

Take online courses on websites like edX, Coursera, MIT courseware. There are several of them.

I see too many one-way academic graduates. You need to step up your game

Please I'd like to talk to u concerning this
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
jeflexy:

Please I'd like to talk to u concerning this

Send a PM I'd respond
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by jeflexy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ariel20:

Send a PM I'd respond
I just did...
Check ur mail...
Or reach me with
pennyswerve@gmail.com...
I don't think my nairaland mail is still active...
Thnks...
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Souljaboi1: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ariel20:
Even though 30years is an exaggeration. Nigerian graduates need to understand that "experience"isn't necessarily the blue collar jobs they all strive for.

What did you do in your undergraduate days? Did you volunteer at any organisation, apply for opportunities to travel out of this country. All of these experiences prepare you for opportunities in the future and they always have some sort of relevance.

To all undegraduates reading this, don't spend your life only reading or only partying. Please be dynamic and adventurous. Look for opportunities to learn all you can, apply for fellowship and travel opportunities. There are several online.

Take online courses on websites like edX, Coursera, MIT courseware. There are several of them.

I see too many one-way academic graduates. You need to step up your game

This has been my edge for close to 2 years now, housing about half a dozen cert to back them up. But the real beauty is the things I can learn at my own time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Souljaboi1:

This has been my edge for close to 2 years now, housing about half a dozen cert to back them up. But the real beauty is the things I can learn at my own time.

Encourage your contemporary to do same thing, mentor young people.
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Souljaboi1: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ariel20:

Encourage your contemporary to do same thing, mentor young people.

Mentor who ? This generation of grads have very short sight.

I wanted to pay for the training of about 4 of them once, so they get proficient and help me on my side projects; but they said they were busy.

This was a training that would cost me about #120k but no, they were to busy to allow me waste my money.
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Mentor who ? This generation of grads have very short sight.

I wanted to pay for the training of about 4 of them once, so they get proficient and help me on my side projects; but they said they were busy.

This was a training that would cost me about #120k but no, they were to busy to allow me waste my money.

It's really sad. .I told one to go to Samsung Engineering Academy that I was willing to pay his fees. He has been hiding from me since then. How can a young boy with such bright future decide to waste away.
Re: Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] by Souljaboi1: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ariel20:

It's really sad. .I told one to go to Samsung Engineering Academy that I was willing to pay his fees. He has been hiding from me since then. How can a young boy with such bright future decide to waste away.

So sad.

I guess you can't force people to success, you can only create a path for them; treading it, is their choice to make.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force As Cadet ASP / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.