Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) (38565 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Oil Spillage In Oba-Ama In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by henryanna36: 7:59am On Nov 17, 2016
This was shared by Hon. Sodaguwo A Festus-Omoni, House of Reps member representing Ogbia constituency, 2015.She wrote

'SILENT WAR ON THE CHILDREN OF THE NIGER DELTA (SPDC STOP KILLING OUR KIDS AND THE UNBORN GENERATION)

It is with pain and tears in my heart I write this piece, just a few days back I went to see for myself the disaster caused by crude oil at Ekole creek in Ogbia Bayelsa state.

This spill was from a Shell pipeline that is 42 years old, the lifespan of every pipeline is 20 years and the blatant neglect of this fact has brought untold hardship on the people of Otuokpoti and Agbura communities of Bayelsa state.

What you see vividly in these picture are kids scooping crude oil filled water, the drinking water is polluted, I could barely stand for long as the strong pungent smell of chemicals in the air made breathing difficult.

This spill which happened on the 27th of October 2016 was caused by sheer carelessness on the side of SPDC, and my people now suffer untold hardship from strange sicknesses and diseases.

I have raised a matter of urgent public importance in the House of Representatives, and I want to use this medium to ask SPDC, Ministry of Enviroment, NOSREA, and NEMA as a matter of urgency to start the process of cleaning up the area, doing a baseline study and sending relief materials to those affected as well as medical aid.

The people of Ogbia are peace loving people, but if we are pushed to the wall, no one can tell the outcome.

SPDC STOP KILLING OUR KIDS AND THE UNBORN GENERATION'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/see-type-of-water-niger-delta-kids-are.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by henryanna36: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016

2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by UrennaNkoll(f): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
Too bad.
Rather its begging NDA and their allies to stop using their own hands to kill their children. For this one, come back in 2020, you'll still meet this water like this.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Totti9(m): 8:03am On Nov 17, 2016
feel pity for this people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by IykeChukz(m): 8:03am On Nov 17, 2016
Such a horrible report...

This will not be appealing to "Man of Intergrity"

Because he believed that such news coming from SE/SS is framed politically.

Time to reclaim our destiny from life politicians!!!

14 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by drexy02: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2016
H
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by dunkem21(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 17, 2016
Oo
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by chriskosherbal(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2016
Government should come to thier aid.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by jejemanito: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Biafra would have solved this problems but some Riverine people joined FG to imprison themselves.
That pics represents death. There can never be a better thing that can come from Nigeria.
As a Niger deltan I find this very offensive

You're irritating

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by jejemanito: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:14am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Sealeddeal(m): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2016
jejemanito:

You're irritating
Go and throw yourself into that Oily water. who cares where you come from?.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Mologi(m): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Op.....they are not drinking it...

They doing themselves by scooping the oil.....

Good riddance to bad nonsense....

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by IykeChukz(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2016
jejemanito:

You're irritating

As who? Afonja please garara hia mehn...

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by jejemanito: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
IykeChukz:

As who? Afonja please garara hia mehn...
Afonjas, Igbos, Hausas what does it matter?

I might be ND, buh if I could I had shoot GEJ, Clark e.t.c. you name them

It's CLASS WAR. Stop fooling yourself with tribalism

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by jejemanito: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Go and throw yourself into that Oily water. who cares where you come from?.
I would have liked to join issues but to what end?

The only reason folks like you thrive is because out of 180 million Nigerians, 90% are dumb and plagued with the inability to THINK FOR THEMSELVES

So you just keep having at it while the fun lasts

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Looks like the kids are trying to scoop oil from the water.

I think this is a case of bad reporting if the op can not correct the title I suggest the thread be deleted.

I hate misleading and false news.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by ring7(m): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Lemme hear somebori calling them terrorist again,their are fighting for they right.
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by progress69: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Biafra would have solved this problems but some Riverine people joined FG to imprison themselves.
That pics represents death. There can never be a better thing that can come from Nigeria.

What is this by force attaché. Get this straight, if there will be any disintegration at all, Biafra can go, Niger Delta Republic is what we want. I have never seen any Niger Deltan force themselves on you lots like this. *spits*

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by victorvezx(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2016
IykeChukz:
Such a horrible report...

This will not be appealing to "Man of Intergrity"

Because he believed that such news coming from SE/SS is framed politically.

Time to reclaim our destiny from life politicians!!!
Must u always include South east? They don't even have much oil to be considered an oil producing region. How much oil do they even have to suffer oil spillage. Do they even suffer oil spillage? Nonsense

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by victorvezx(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Keep quite, Ojukwu Biafra would have done the same. Biafran Oil thieves. Instead of u people to plan on how to patch up ur many massive erosions in the South east , u keep disturbing urself over Niger delta oil

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by victorvezx(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2016
progress69:

What is this by force attaché. Get this straight, if there will be any disintegration at all, Biafra can go, Niger Delta Republic is what we want. I have never seen any Niger Deltan force themselves on you lots like this. *spits*
They know that the south east is not relevant without the south south. It is basically a barren land. Remove south south and all u have is a wasteland that can't compete with other parts of Nigeria in anything. But the south south is so relevant that they can compete in every way on their own without need of collaboration with others because they know that their region is the most important in Nigeria. And they know this already

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Sealeddeal(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2016
victorvezx:

Keep quite, Ojukwu Biafra would have done the same. Biafran Oil thieves. Instead of u people to plan on how to patch up ur many massive erosions in the South east , u keep disturbing urself over Niger delta oil
Afonja! You criminals should bow your heads in shame. Though, sometimes I don't care to blame you Yorubas because the fore fathers of some tribes in Niger Delta helped to foist Nigeria and her curse to all men. But surely, Biafra is here. Curse must go! Nigeria must die.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by progress69: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Yoruba Muslim you are. Attach by force their language. Oyel criminals. Cursed Islamists lurking around with destruction. If not Islamists like you people, Bayelsa will not be suffering from spill for ever.Biafra is the only solution.

Lol. Whatever suits your masturbating demands. Call me Northern Muslim too. It can never change where i come from. Is that clear?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by victorvezx(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Afonja! You criminals should bow your heads in shame. Though, sometimes I don't care to blame you Yorubas because the fore fathers of some tribes in Niger Delta helped to foist and her curse to all men. But surely, Biafra is here. Curse must go! Nigeria must die.
lol, Break up Nigeria if u can. U can't even release ur leader from prison, and ur talking about having Biafra, lol, anyways, 1967 will a child play

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Sealeddeal(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2016
progress69:

Lol. Whatever suits your masturbating demands. Call me Northern Muslim first. It can never change where i come from. Is that clear?
You're an Islamist from Yoruba land. Biafranism will crush any dangerous Islamic plots you and your cohorts plans. Niger Delta is bleeding because of Islamists and their cursed leadership. We will usher in Biafra and bring solutions to the problems of all Biafrans.

12 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by edoyad(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2016
Terrible

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Sealeddeal(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2016
victorvezx:

lol, Break up Nigeria if u can. U can't even release ur leader from prison, and ur talking about having Biafra, lol, anyways, 1967 will a child play
The oil spill in Niger Delta is gross environmental degradation but your Muslim brain will not see it. if Avengers destroy pipelines, you Yoruba Muslims will be everywhere teaching about environment because of your love for oil money. Biafra will crush Islam and her dangerous curse. The souls of the babies and women being killed by oil spill in Niger Delta will never allow Nigeria to prosper.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Meets Tinubu And Ambode In Lagos / Peace Accord: Akeredolu Rejects Handshake With Agboola Ajayi / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.