Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) (38393 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Oil Spillage In Oba-Ama In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Jailerrr(f): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Am beginning to hate Nairaland coz of all these tribalism, I wonder why mod don't ban all of you guys, some of us come here to read one of two comments and be happy but is now is a different thing, I still believe in Nigeria my dear kwontry,smiles...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Koolking(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Niger Delta region got what they deserves. They are the architect of their problem

Unbriddled greed from their leaders, Militants anti-environment activities thinking they are dealing a hard blow to Nigeria as an entity. It all boomeranged and dealt a hard blow to the region. Even if Nigeria ran out of oil, Nigeria will still stand strong. I hope Niger Delta region also stand strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by gesundheit: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Afonja! You criminals should bow your heads in shame. Though, sometimes I don't care to blame you Yorubas because the fore fathers of some tribes in Niger Delta helped to foist Nigeria and her curse to all men. But surely, Biafra is here. Curse must go! Nigeria must die.

mynd44, seun and obinoscopy please go through the post of this guy and see the amount of hate this guy have been spreading forum wide. It will be in the interest of sensible forumite for this guy be handed a lengthy ban.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by adanny01(m): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2016
Not that i support the environmental pollution going on in the Niger Delta but the Niger delta people lost my empathy after their own sons and daughters in the name of Niger Delta avengers and the rest decided to blow up these pipelines causing more pollution. We all know pipelines leakages are non intended or acts of negligence but when those who live in such communities decide to blow up the pipelines using explosives, then i see no reason why i should join in protest.

Now we cannot even separate the accidental leakages with attacks. How can this government do what previous governments have not done? Finally a government has shown serious commitment to cleaning up the ND environment but the same people rejected it by causing more leakage. You cut government funding and expect government to replace the over 30 years old pipes.

Where is logical reasoning?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Tamakay(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2016
If this report with its picture are true, who is to blame first? To me the Hon. reporting this news. If she is not just there to steal only for herself and her immediate family, she would've sunk boreholes in that village before the spillage.From the look of things,ordinarily without the spillage, the water is not clean enough for human beings to drink. Now this Hon. is taking advantage of the situation to talk as if she cares for her people.
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by pryme(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
If you want believe what Yoruba people tell you, if you want believe what Yoruba Muslims tell you. That's your cup of tea. The one your fathers believed is what you see in that pictures above. You may even be a Muslim from Edo.
Biafra is a movement.

You dare bring up Biafruad talk here, you think we have forgotten about the Biafra war, were your imposing war lord started killing other tribes from the south, you fools even took the name "New Onitisha" to calabar, an efik speaking town. Your Biafran Patriots planed the total annihilation of other tribes so that Ibo will be the only universal language in the south.
Look here my friend find your Biafran friend or thread speak openly about your ambitions there. You think we are fools, you still don't know why you lost the war.

If you have nothing meaningful to say, better keep quiet and stay in your Biafrud Box.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Haybeecoded: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2016
Wat I fink should be done is to make those spillage center a no mans land and then it is the duty of the government and the private company 2 create a secluded area for the commuters in that area because these people had 2be treated well and well cos thire lands as brouth fortune to this grate nation so therefore let them be treated well
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2016
Not to offend anyone with this especially my ND bros and Sists, but Our Politicians can do anything to score political points against each other.

I am against the neglect of the ND by the Government. And it didn't start today.

But doesn't it look like the kids in this picture are packing oil on the water surface. That's the way it looks everyone of them with a small plastic scooping oil look at the background there is one jerry can wich all go and deposit oil they get.
If they want to drink must they come to the river to do that but they would rather come with buckets to fetch water home.

I'm not into politics neither am I tribalistic.
It's just an observation.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by LorDBolton(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2016
When NDA stops bombing i'll take them serious
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by skedman(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2016
ring7:
Lemme hear somebori calling them terrorist again,their are fighting for they right.
. What right are they fighting for, as a matter of fact their elders are the problem of that region don't they have governors , they have niger delta ministry, they have militants ,even the senator reporting should be challenged on what he has done for its constituency. Nothing. Please they should park well and learn from lagos. They should have water corporation

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by bashydemy(m): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2016
IykeChukz:
Such a horrible report...

This will not be appealing to "Man of Intergrity"

Because he believed that such news coming from SE/SS is framed politically.

Time to reclaim our destiny from life politicians!!!

What happen to son of the soil when he was in power for 6yrs? What happen to the 13% Derivation? What is the work of NDDC? What is the work of Ministry of Niger Delta?

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by toye440: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2016
jejemanito:
I would have liked to join issues but to what end?

The only reason folks like you thrive is because out of 180 million Nigerians, 90% are dumb and plagued with the inability to THINK FOR THEMSELVES

So you just keep having at it while the fun lasts
pls somebody get this guy a cold stout

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by pedrilo: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Go and throw yourself into that Oily water. who cares where you come from?.

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by checkolatunji: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2016
If what am seeing Is true, then there is need for urgent response cos this is pure wickedness. Nigerian leaders are callous and wicked.

They have no shame. I spit on them and their family
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by LorDBolton(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2016
pryme:

You dare bring up Biafruad talk here, you think we have forgotten about the Biafra war, were your imposing war lord started killing other tribes from the south, you fools even took the name "New Onitisha" to calabar, an efik speaking town. Your Biafran Patriots planed the total annihilation of other tribes so that Ibo will be the only universal language in the south.
Look here my friend find your Biafran friend or thread speak openly about your ambitions there. You think we are fools, you still don't know why you lost the war.

If you have nothing meaningful to say, better keep quiet and stay in your Biafrud Box.

You're mouthed bruv.

They took over mid-west state... a state where igbos are a minority and imposed an igbo man as the president.

Killed edo's (especially those in the border areas) to reduce the vast differences btw indigenes n the igbo population there

This is same mid-west state that didn't permit FG to launch any offensive via MW...

Only a deluded southerner will support the igbos, they want to do to us what hausa's are doing. DOMINATE

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by goshen26: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Haaaaaaaaaa!!!! This is bad oooo

ND u have my support now

But war against unfaithful leadership not on poor masses...

Tears in my eyes as I see those pics...
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by limeta(f): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
If you want believe what Yoruba people tell you, if you want believe what Yoruba Muslims tell you. That's your cup of tea. The one your fathers believed is what you see in that pictures above. You may even be a Muslim from Edo.
Biafra is a movement.

Show me the picture of what yr father,s believed in
You ve nothing to offer biafra .
From yr trash muslims are better than you

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by bawajghai(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2016
They're not drinking the water . rather selling the floating oil on the water

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2016
woodcook:
Looks like the kids are trying to scoop oil from the water.

I think this is a case of bad reporting if the op can not correct the title I suggest the thread be deleted.

I hate misleading and false news.

Can you scoop oil from water? What is the thickness of the oil being scooped?
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by dustmalik: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2016
Since they always applaud the bombings by NDA and other militants, then they should enjoy their spillage.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by progress69: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Biafra is a movement.

Sense is even far from you. Ban have been given to you like chin chin. At least one ipoo yoot posting thrash will be away for a while.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by checkolatunji: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Biafra is a movement.

It is only the flatinoes talks about that shit. We don't know anything like dat here in West Side

So Mr Igbo park well

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by lolamitayo: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2016
This is an eye saw. Drink enough and urinate in a gallon and sell for cool cash.

Just to reduce the tension.
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2016
This is clearly the hand work of their militant fathers and uncles, who are destroying their habitats for selfish reasons.

Blowing up pipelines in your local community is a wrong move, their children are paying for this act.

When these militants get their settlement they leave their environment relocate to cities in other parts of the world, they dont care about their communities, they re just after what they can get.

There hasnt been any Honorable crusader since the days of Isaac Boro.

The current crop of thugs are just after their cut. Poor kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by Bakass(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
BY THE TIME DIA FATHERS AND BROTHERS STOP BLOWING PIPELINES, DEY WIL DRINK FROM A BETA SUS. IF U LIKE GO N GADA MORE MORE KIDS BY DE BANK OF A POLUTED WATA..SNAP DEM N COOK ANODA STORY OK.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by limeta(f): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Biafra is a movement.

Biafra will come but half baked people like you will not see it
You don,t even know what the movement is about

long live kanu
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by 2termz(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
Fvck Nigeria mehn
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by obailala(m): 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
The ND problem is quite complex and one can't help but also blame the ND for being co-architects of their own problem. Not a single question has been raised by 'ND agitators' against the thieving elite who have cornered trillions meant for the development of the ND in decades. Several agencies have been established for the development of the ND, but these agencies have always turned out to just be wealth generating machines for the same ol' thieving ND elite, yet the 'agitators' have never questioned this weird trend. Similarly, extra billions and even trillions have been channelled to develop the ND via the 13% derivation given to states. These moneys still always end up just making the thieving elite in the ND richer; no questions on this has ever been raised by the agitators. Everyone seems to just be focused on Abuja and strangely, when a ND man became president, even though his only achievement was to share money to the same set of thieving elite, not one single agitator raised an eyebrow against this trend, neither was an eyebrow raised against local leaders and elite who received and pocketed the moneys.

Today the ND man is no more at Abuja, ND Avengers and several smaller groups have resumed the pipeline bombing business. Just 2 days ago, a 48-inch pipeline (and 2 others) were blown up. I can't even imagine the extent of environmental damage a spill from a 48-inch pipeline can cause, but somehow, someway, the ND people are cool with this. Many have been indoctrinated by the same thieving ND elite to believe this is the best way to protest 'another' Hausa man in Abuja.

Meanwhile a group of secession campaigners from the nearby SE Nigeria (and their numerous followers) seem to be the loudest voices in support glorification of the blowing up of these ND pipelines; it doesnt matter whether it comes with any environmental or economic damage, once again, it is just the best option to express their disapproval for the presidency of another Hausa man.

The truth is that until the people begin to think for themselves, until they stop allowing some thieving elite using them as pawns in their big games to grab wealth, until the people directly affected by this mess stop allowing others to do their thinking and start asking the right questions (regarding 'who' the real culprits are, then situations like this where families rely on polluted water will never go away.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by july66: 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
henryanna36:
This was shared by Hon. Sodaguwo A Festus-Omoni, House of Reps member representing Ogbia constituency, 2015.She wrote

'SILENT WAR ON THE CHILDREN OF THE NIGER DELTA (SPDC STOP KILLING OUR KIDS AND THE UNBORN GENERATION)

It is with pain and tears in my heart I write this piece, just a few days back I went to see for myself the disaster caused by crude oil at Ekole creek in Ogbia Bayelsa state.

This spill was from a Shell pipeline that is 42 years old, the lifespan of every pipeline is 20 years and the blatant neglect of this fact has brought untold hardship on the people of Otuokpoti and Agbura communities of Bayelsa state.

What you see vividly in these picture are kids scooping crude oil filled water, the drinking water is polluted, I could barely stand for long as the strong pungent smell of chemicals in the air made breathing difficult.

This spill which happened on the 27th of October 2016 was caused by sheer carelessness on the side of SPDC, and my people now suffer untold hardship from strange sicknesses and diseases.

I have raised a matter of urgent public importance in the House of Representatives, and I want to use this medium to ask SPDC, Ministry of Enviroment, NOSREA, and NEMA as a matter of urgency to start the process of cleaning up the area, doing a baseline study and sending relief materials to those affected as well as medical aid.

The people of Ogbia are peace loving people, but if we are pushed to the wall, no one can tell the outcome.

SPDC STOP KILLING OUR KIDS AND THE UNBORN GENERATION'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/see-type-of-water-niger-delta-kids-are.html
This is not their drinking water. Even if this water was clean, as far as it is close to the house they won't drink it. They can use it for washing, flushing & maybe they carryout home treatment before consumption.
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by babatundensuk(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
did is wickedness, carelessness gov who don't care for the people only care himself
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by obinna58(m): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
They are suffering at home while their oil will be used to develop northern cities, dullard is at work afonjas and zombies I hail ooo!!!
Re: Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) by klax(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
This is deadly I'm so sad seen these lads in this pool of fuel called water pls this is not water this is fuel mixed with poison. Buhari you see your life. This is one of the reason I'm upset with NDA militant who knows the road to Abuja but foolishly head their silly heads to Southwest and be attacking them.

90% if not 98% of oil blocks in SS belong to mallams and yet no attack on them now SS militant una see una lives Those you suppose to teach a lesson they are the one you are embracing, see your lives and see your children.

Well, left to you guys your destiny is in your hands. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Is Unfair Party With No Conscience - Ben Ayade / President Buhari To Depart Abuja For FII, Saudi Arabia Monday. Nigerians React / The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.