Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Will You Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do (1221 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do by matured(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2007
friends will you share the same account with your spouse

thiese is true life story a guy shared the same account with his wife and did a biz with one of his friends,the profit of the biz which belongs to both him and his friend.Unfortunately for him his wife has withdrawn vatually al the money in his acount for their wedding expensis.IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Re: What Will You Do by phoenixman: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2007
cry. slap her a coupla times.
sell her wedding gifts to recover some money.
mortgage her family house. tongue
Re: What Will You Do by Consultant(f): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2007
If that wedding hasn't taken place yet, he might need to reconsider shocked.

Seriously though, for a husband and wife to successfully operate a join account there has to be constant and open communication, they must have joint financial goals that they have DISCUSSED and AGREED and they must both be TRUSTWORTHY. I'd say this couple needs to have some serious discussions about money to make sure that having a joint account is the right thing for them.

As for what to do right now? He should sell anything sellable out of all that she has bought and pay back his friend.
Re: What Will You Do by dominique(f): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2007
as for me, i can never keep that kind of money in a joint account.the guy. theres nothing wrong in keeping a joint account with ur spouse as long as you have a personal account. the guy should just let it go, he kinda asked for it
Re: What Will You Do by mamaput(f): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2007
Its his wife what can he do.
He can only onpen a new account for his Biz were his wife cannot go.
By the way as the wife was biz spending the money did he never bother asking her were she was taking the money from.
Re: What Will You Do by matured(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2007
you guyz have really spoken tremediously well but i want you to know that this is real okay.

i do agree with what consultant said.[b][b]they must have joint financial goals that they have DISCUSSED and AGREED and they must both be TRUSTWORTHY. I'd say this couple needs to have some serious discussions about money to make sure that having a joint account is the right thing for them.
BUT i still have a questionto ask you guys WHat if the guy or the girl pretended to be good ,nice,trustwothy and stuffs like that and later u discovered that this girl or this guy is NOT truely who i thought he was?

NOW what will you do in this case.

i need ur responds .
Re: What Will You Do by mamaput(f): 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2007
b4 or after the wedding
Re: What Will You Do by Eurphoria(f): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2007
yes i don't mind sharing an account with the man i marry. I would of course have my personal account, my business account that always stays separate and then we can have a joint account for us, you know to save for things and use for our life together, why not? i believe i wont be marrying a total nitwit so i don't see a problem.

Well if things go pear shaped then that's life and that is why you never put all your eggs in one basket, many women do this, i know and i will sleep comfortable with the knowledge that i have myself sorted just in case of anything

this case explained above goes to show they were both quite ridiculous, so did they never receive bank statements? how come the man never looked into their savings on a regular basis? even me as a singleton always takes stock every 4wks of my expenditure and do my budget and allocate money for bills etc, so why didnt they as a couple not sit own together to see their spendings? i know some times as women we can see lovley things and want to go crazy but if you not very disciplined that's where a partner comes in , two heads can sit together and keep check on each other.
Re: What Will You Do by matured(m): 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2007
okay mamaput,its after wedding
Re: What Will You Do by matured(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2007
hey euphoria great suggestions u have just made but u havent answered these one what if the guy or girl you married pretended to be nice intially[i.e before you guys got married} and later when u guys have gone far you discovered that the guy or the girl was only living a life of pretence WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Re: What Will You Do by mamaput(f): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2007
Then you better get rid of the person be4 the children come and marry another person.
As they say shit happens.
Forget the money spent on the wedding it cant buy happyness.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage From Hell / I Am Getting Married / Why Am I So Unfortunate With Helping My Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.