Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity (431 Views)

Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted / Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by akelicious(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
PRESIDENT and Chief Executive of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has received a ‘Bridge Builder’s award conferred on him by a Non- Governmental Organisation, NGO, Love to the World Initiative Bridge Builders. The award ceremony is in recognition of Dangote’s “Avowed Pan-African Posture laced with his nationalistic approach, especially in sighting his industries and his employment policies”. The NGO said the richest man in Africa and business mogul bagged the award for distinguishing himself in the promotion of peaceful co-existence, poverty alleviation and hospitality across the nation and Africa at large. The CEO of Love Initiative, Josephine Anumbor, said the programme is aimed at mobilising every Nigerian to change from being selfish to becoming selfless and contribute to the progress of the nation. She said Dangote Industries Limited, DIL, is a good example as shown in its drive to curb unemployment and uplift Nigerians through its various brands and services. In a welcome address, the Director-General, National Orientation Agency, NOA, Garba Abari, said the star awardee deserves recognition, as he is known globally for giving succor to the less privileged. “His assistance to Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, in the North-East is exemplary”. He said bridge builders are role models that stand out in the society, adding that the Love Initiative is a component of government’s ‘Change begins with me’ and called on Nigerians to show love to enable the country tackle socio-political and economic challenges. Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, called on Nigerians to show love to one another, especially at this period of our nation’s fractured state. Represented by his brother, Mr. Dauda Gowon, the former head of state, who also received an award for his role in canvassing for peaceful co-existence in the nation, said peace, love and unity are non- negotiable as these will go a long way in resolving our problems and moving the nation forward. Other awardees include Dr. Maryam Abdullahi, for care and contribution towards peace building, especially amongst the womenfolk, Prof. Attahiru Jega for peaceful demeanour throughout the 2015 election, Mrs Oby Ezekwezili for sterling efforts towards championing the cause of the girl-child, Miss Shawantu Garba and Mrs Amina YaAliyu for care and contribution towards IDPs.
More at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/11/dangote-bags-bridge-builders-award-for.html?m=1

Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by Oldlayez: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wash!

I had to put my building on hold because of cement. Anu ofia
Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by EHMIR(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Oldlayez:
Wash!
I had to put my building on hold because of cement. Anu ofia
na only dangote they sell cement abi

Hate-filled pained ipork
Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
A well deserved award.
Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by Oldlayez: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
EHMIR:
na only dangote they sell cement abi

Hate-filled pained ipork

I'm sure you don't have a piece of land anywhere. Born troway like you. Govt should allow other people to give this oponu a run for his money.

Have you eaten ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by EHMIR(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Oldlayez:

I'm sure you don't have a piece of land anywhere. Born troway like you. Govt should allow other people to give this oponu a run for his money.

Have you eaten ?
Re: Dangote Bags Bridge Builder’s Award For Promoting Peace, Unity by coptic: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nice one.

People like Dangote are rich for a reason. He has a good sense of judgement and understands how things should work.

He misses the mark sometimes, but that's what makes us human.

When you are smart and full of ideas, I respect that a lot.

When you understand and try to carve a niche for yourself in an environment that's tough to do so, then you are someone worth emulating.

When you manage to do that successfully and without making a fuss out of it, you automatically earn my respect.

When you are all of that, yet, somehow manage to remain humble, you are exemplary.

The man keeps amassing wealth because he never got complacent. Never leaves anything to chance.

But here is why he is like a demigod to me: He's Hausa, a northwesterner, a Muslim, an elite, but somehow manages to be free-spirited, social, devoid of tribalism, tolerant, pro-science, pro-liberalism, and pro everything right (maybe not everything, but I see it so). It's not that people from his part of the coubtry are terrible, it's just that it is commonplace seeing some of them behave otherwise.

His perspective of life is what any country needs to progress. He'd live and relate peacefully with people of other faith without taking anything from them, or trying to belittle their opinion. This is the reason why my love and respect for the Yoruba race runs deep. You will struggle to tell a Muslim apart from a Christian by their conducts. They love and respect each other truly irrespective of their differences. That's the kind of life I signed up for.

I was raised that way. And for that, I'm grateful to those who taught me everything that I know.

I hope that someday, a certain people will have a reason to value humanity over all else. No God is cruel. Humans are.

The award is well deserved!

(1) (Reply)

4months Non Hosted Naija Unverified Adsense Account. <<cheap>> / Complete Blackout Looms In Nigeria As Gencos, Discos Battle Over N400bn Debt / Don't Trust Nairaland Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.