Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,311 members, 7,860,760 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession (28059 Views)

Police Shoot Protesters In Abuja This Morning - My Reactions / Soldiers Shoot 5-Year-Old Boy In Kaduna During Peaceful Rally By Shiites (Pics) / Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Daddykuyt(m): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
Only in Nigerian you will see a police man with AK47, fighting a man with handout...

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by government1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
Things are really changing

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by stefanweeks: 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Semper247:
This op is very dumb oooo

What nonsense story did u just post?

I confuse o

PDP this

APC that

I am not understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Someone should tell buhari to leave RIVERS alone........

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Daddykuyt(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
only in Nigerian you will see a policeman with AK47 fighting a man with handout. kissonly in Nigerian you will see a policeman with AK47 fighting a man with handout.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by icebird25(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
I can't wait to watch rivers blood shed part 2
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by TimeManager(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
GTFO! A useless party led by a wicked Governor who would do anything to curry public sympathy but would violently attack peaceful protest by the opposition party to swear in the elected house members. Igbo thread is missing on the FP, Mods, get to work.

Kiss the truth!

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by icebird25(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
I can't wait to watch rivers blood shed season 2
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by CXLVII: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rivers of blood
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Bamesto(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rivers states and violence...just like snail and its shell.
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by bangging(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
dainformant:
see more >>>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/police-allegedly-shoot-protesters.html
if it was an arm rubbers now them for run... The want to force us to smile yle we are suffring... Tahhhhh...

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by hotspec(m): 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
i still dont understand what d OP is saying in the news. OP pls....

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by aguiyi2: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
This OP is daft.The APC got a police permit to hold a protest march to the Rivers state house of assembly (2 of their members that won legislative election to the state house have not been sworn in till date).The PDP led local government caretaker chairmen equally decided to pay the state house of assembly speaker a solidarity visit with thousands of scary looking boys.The rest is history. Wike as governor of Rivers state should show maturity and tolerance in victory.

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by edigne91: 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by autonomous22: 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
madridguy:
Where is the gun shot na? cool
u no get eyes again abi
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by josephelvis: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
JOBLESS AND LAZY RIVERS YOUTHS

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by baby8ace(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
We hv seen protest in other countries and currently in USA there is a peaceful protest but I know rivers state ppl wit their crises becos no matter wat, a sensible policeman won't open fire to a peaceful protest,so dis story is not complete.i smell shocked smiley lies.
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by seanfer(m): 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
This report is one sided..... I was at Forces Avenue very close the place... What happened was that the APC were protesting against the House of Assembly for not swearing in their members Vitoria Nyeche and Andrew Miller.... They got the police permit to protest, but the PDP caretaker chairmen in the 23 LGA's mobilized people to the House of Assembly under the pretense of paying solidarity visit to the Speaker.... When the two party met at the gate of the Assembly the police had to construct a barricade and warned both parties not to pass the barricade but the PDP guys over whelmed the police and tear gas was dispensed on them.... Most guys you see here are those granted Amnesty by the state government they were mobilized to come to the Government House to fill a form but their leaders had another plan.... I am sure the next election will trigger another crises in the state because the Governor is not ready for peace.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
Semper247:
This op is very dumb oooo

What nonsense story did u just post?

You took the word out of my mouth !
It is purely biased news as Igbere blog.

Again if your leg is shot by the police, you won't be able to lift it talk less of standing on it
Shame on Wike
Shame on PDP

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
Its good to see people standing up for their right. Because the masses does not have wealth, the are maltreated.
While the elites who have stolen and used the wealth to fight back government are walking freely.
Is this not encouraging people to steal more?
undecided What are you even saying ? I bet you don't know what really transpired or the true reason for the protest but you're already pointing fingers.

Listen to the news or better still don't say what you don't know .
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
seanfer:
This report is one sided..... I was at Forces Avenue very close the place... What happened was that the APC were protesting against the House of Assembly for not swearing in their members Vitoria Nyeche and Andrew Miller.... They got the police permit to protest, but the PDP caretaker chairmen in the 23 LGA's mobilized people to the House of Assembly under the pretense of paying solidarity visit to the Speaker.... When the two party met at the gate of the Assembly the police had to construct a barricade and warned both parties not to pass the barricade but the PDP guys over whelmed the police and tear gas was dispensed on them.... Most guys you see here are those granted Amnesty by the state government they were mobilized to come to the Government House to fill a form but their leaders had another plan.... I am sure the next election will trigger another crises in the state because the Governor is not ready for peace.....
Tell 'em bro .
This what was what really happened , same way I heard it when I was listening to the news @ 2:30pm

3 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Xyzaid(m): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
stefanweeks:

I confuse o

PDP this

APC that

I am not understanding

Infact I thought it was only that did not understand the story, I ve read it twice still didn't understand, something serious is wrong with the OP

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Daboomb: 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
dainformant:

The Rivers State Police Command opened fire on a peaceful procession of members of the PDP to the Rivers State House of Assembly on a solidarity visit to the Speaker of the House of Assembly , Mr Dabo Adams . The police shot one of the PDP members on his foot and injured several others at the Moscow Road Roundabout near the State House of Assembly .

Well, nice one, at least he was shot just in the legs, not on the chest as we always had, in the previous regime!
Maybe Police are begining to learn how to deal with Civil Unrest now.

As the team Rioters moved towards Government House , Port Harcourt on Thursday , the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Steven Hasso ordered his operatives to physically assault the Cameraman of Channels Television , Mr Ekikere Udom. The ACP and his operatives used their guns to batter the Channels Television Cameraman , dispossesing of his telephones and other valuables.

It is becoming so obvious that Channels TV, since the day it collected almost a Billion Naira from the Jonathan Administration (just after the Presidential election date was shifted by the Jonathan administration), slush money surreptitiously coded as "Digitalization Fund;, l dont know how many times Govt has to pay for the Digitalization of a private Station belonging to Mr. Momoh?), Channels TV and its staff like that short thing called Seun Okinbaloye have turned themselves to the "opposition party" TV Channel.

We have seen how they skew opinion and debates in favor of PDP.
We have seen how they tarnish the image of the Buhari/APC Govt
We have seen how they use thier TV station to spread falsehood, rumors and cause panic in the polity.

I think its about time Govt starts treating them as what they have made themselves (Opposition TV station) since such Media outlets are supposed to remain neutral in broadcasting.
But then, since it was Jonathan (PDP) who plays (PAID) the Piper, one can understand their dancing to the tune but it is getting too flaggrant.

At the front of the Government House , Port Harcourt , ACP Hasso and his operatives also physically assualted the Chief Security Officer of Government House. They shut repeatedly into the air, the Government House security prevented them from gaining entrance .

The Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) , Mr Samuel Nwanosike said that despite the attacks by the police, the PDP members marched to the House of Assembly to show solidarity with the speaker and honourable members .

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/police-allegedly-shoot-protesters.html

The Police have a duty to protect Public Property and Public office.
While protest, a very civil one, guided by the Police (to prevent Urchins from seizing it to wreck havoc), within allowed boundaries, is welcome, the aggregation of violent, unruly party thugs, to march-on Govt facilities and wreck havoc, wont be tolerated by any Police, anywhere in the world.
Imagine if the Protesters in America decide they want to march on Capitol hill or the White house?
You think the National Guard will fold their hand and be watching them?

Why march on Govt house? Why not just march around the city, since your march is all about Politics and not some human rights violation?
People need to use their brain in certain things.
No one is marching on the National Assembly where a large chunk of our national income is being shared like Pure Water, they are marching over "party Support"? Foolish people.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by discusant: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
This story is scandalous in normal countries. But in Nigeria, it's nothing. Nigeria is a country where 180 million people are coerced by army and police to live together against their wish.
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Daboomb: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
seanfer:

Thank you for this balanced and objective review.

Governor Wike is a Thug and would do anything, with the support of his PDP goons, to cause mayhem and rig the elections.

Why would a State Assembly refuse to swear-in "elected members" just because they were elected on the platform of another party?
Is that how democracy is practised?
Are they not asking for anarchy, by doing that?

I think this Governorship IMMUNITY is an abused power not fit for the set of criminals we have in State office at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by seanfer(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Tell 'em bro .
This what was what really happened , same way I heard it when I was listening to the news @ 2:30pm
Its a pity that people will not say things as it is.... we all know that river's state is a PDP state but that doesn't mean that some places will not support the Oppsition
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by seanfer(m): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
Daboomb:

Thank you for this balanced and objective review.

Governor Wike is a Thug and would do anything, with the support of his PDP goons, to cause mayhem and rig the elections.

Why would a State Assembly refuse to swear-in "elected members" just because they were elected on the platform of another party?
Is that how democracy is practised?
Are they not asking for anarchy, by doing that?

I think this Governorship IMMUNITY is an abused power not fit for the set of criminals we have in State office at the moment

River's and Bayelsa states are the same.... It took the intervention of the AGF and president of the court of appeal before the Labpour Party candidate was sworn in....

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
undecided What are you even saying ? I bet you don't know what really transpired or the true reason for the protest but you're already pointing fingers.

Listen to the news or better still don't say what you don't know .
I am only reacting to the news but if you have a contrary view to that of the OP why not paste it so that I can understand more
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by seanfer(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
I am only reacting to the news but if you have a contrary view to that of the OP why not paste it so that I can understand more

Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by gbishman: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
I wonder how these grown men feed their families without a job. They roam the street and are called upon for protest. Rivers youths wise up and take your destiny into your own hands
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by orisa37: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Dictatorship, Injustices, Illiteracy and Corruption and also Recession are making the Police hungry and angry and impatient with the people they are suppose to protect.
Re: Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
seanfer:

Hmmmmmm no comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Inspects The Nengo River Bridge, Nteje (Photos) / Former Governor Nyako Of Adamawa In EFCC Custody / Boko Haram: President Buhari We Are Tired Of 'I Will!' - Kayode Ogundamisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.