Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches (49659 Views)

78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by ajalawole(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.
they are some Muslim university more expensive then those. Come to alhikam university in ilorin, their fees start from 570.000.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by lereinter(m): 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
I don't think things like this should be heard in churches... These school are way too expensive..I think Christians are losing it... How many expensive Muslim university do we have in Nigeria sef? I'm not trying to compare both religions, as I'm a Christian too.. May God help us.. These days everyone seems to be forgetting the core purpose of our creation. Most people are now running after earthly possession.. Ile aye, ile asan.

go and ask students of alhikma or crescent university how much they pay

you are not comparing so what are u doing maybe contrasting

omo ase...

yi
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by amliftedhigher: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
How many professors can they burst of? A school were a bsc holder is a head of department but are charging fees as if they have soludo and Soyinka as VCs
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by babadots: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
Sinciddy:
This is nonsense. How can members of a church contribute to the building of a university and yet their kids will not be able to attend because of exhorbitant fees

As in life, there is a difference between Capital costs and Operational costs. Lecturers, Lab Chemicals, Travel, 24/7 Power Supply and Security are not covered by Church Money. You need additional funds to cover these.

Remember that most of these Private Universities have hostels that are not crowded like State ones and they include feeding in their fees.

Tuition Fees in the UK are about £9,000 and in the US they can be as high as $100,000.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Stbottle(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nipplesfreak:

...Glorified secondary schools

Are you not yired already....your only point is that they are glorified secondary schls...but they still award degrees, and also finsyion as a university....why not just cut ths crap and stop this nonsense of glorified secondary schl shit....or if you had the money wont you be there
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by NotComplaining: 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Misguidance of the highest order. Islamic Univrsitities worth their title are free.

It begs the question, what community work do churches actually use their tithes for? Profiteering from the so called children of God... Buying jets, fancy cars and humongous abodes...

Jesus was categorically poor and supposedly died within abject poverty for the sins of mankind. I ask what sacrifices have the churches made to emulate the basic traits of their lord and savior. Why are they claiming their lord is rich

Everything about churches of today are diametrically opposed to Jesus's teachings; shouting on loud speakers, coercing alms from the poor, daily mass miracles, charging for knowledge, method of clothing in congregtation...the list goes on.

If Jesus lived today, who do you think most resembles him in teachings and practice? Muslims or Christians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Orikinla(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
These private universities have many unqualified lecturers who are not certified to teach students in university.
Many of them will only qualify to teach high school students in the U.S.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by NotComplaining: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
How many roads can the churches boast of rehabilitating, free schools, people they are feeding?

With the amount of money churches make daily, Christian predominant states like the Niger Delta should not be waiting for gov support, in fact poverty should not exist in such states. Yet, the masses give and are not given.

What comes first in the mind of Pastor Adeboye, a new jet or free schooling for all students? The money is not his to begin with and the decision should be shared.

Churches are private for-profit instututions, Christians must wake up to this fact.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by bulletproofmonk(m): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
amliftedhigher:
How many professors can they burst of? A school were a bsc holder is a head of department but are charging fees as if they have soludo and Soyinka as VCs

Is this an assumption or a fact?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by ashela2014: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
chinology:
Madonna is actually the first private university to berth in Nigeria..
yeah after all the fees, bro no good job to pay us back ooo
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by ashela2014: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
chinology:
Madonna is actually the first private university to berth in Nigeria..
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by vena92: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Zenas212:
Medicine in Babcock is almost 3 million.
Don't mind all these Lazy Bloggers who never get their Facts Right,Nobody pays below 500k per session in Babcock.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by micochid(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
jelousy go do ur own make we see
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by notoriousbabe: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
madridguy:
Soup wey sweet na money kill am.
na lie,give me one thousand naira I go cook better soup for you and forget your family
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by notoriousbabe: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Oildichotomy:
[size=15pt]Isn't this news over flogged already? [/size]
no we still dey do press up with it
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by madridguy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
So where make we meet make I handover the 1K for you? grin

notoriousbabe:
na lie,give me one thousand naira I go cook better soup for you and forget your family
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by notoriousbabe: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
madridguy:
So where make we meet make I handover the 1K for you? grin

no 18 mortuary street,ikoyi cemetery Lagos come their any time from 12 midnight
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by madridguy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
Haaaaaa grin

notoriousbabe:
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
1KINGKYLE:

Reason,cost of maintenance, payment of salary and miscellaneous. And don't forget our recessive economy
God bless u jare, as if they ll allow their family members work 4 free in these universities. Hypocritical pple.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
CeeJay9ja:
Madonna is not a catholic university. It is owned by an ex- catholic priest
pls which is d official catholic university... caritas or veritas university
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by danxzy: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
hahahahaahhahahahaha NO CHURCH WORK FOR MONEY,NO FREE EDUCATION IN GOD'S SCHOOL

BABA GOD WILL ENTER YOUR BRAIN NOT EDUCATION HAAHAHAHA
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Elxandre(m): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
Dee60:

How much do you expect a good professor to earn in a year? N600,000?
I think thats how much a primary school teacher should earn in good times. University education is expensive - to hire profs, build labs, sponsor research etc. Church is not government! Their universities should at least meet the cost of running them.

Freeby mentality is very unprodutive!
Do the churches but make millions of dollars per year?
What stops the church from heavily subsidizing the fees at least?

Churches instead continue to upgrade their infrastructures and move from one already outlandish place of worship to the next, instead of using the millions of dollars for humanity.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Elxandre(m): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
notoriousbabe:
These are the type of people ruining NL.

You always post Daftly!
What is wrong with you?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Elxandre(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
Olufemiolaolu:
God bless u jare, as if they ll allow their family members work 4 free in these universities. Hypocritical pple.
We all know how wealthy churches are except we deceive ourselves.
Moving from one already auditorium to the next when the money can be used for things beneficial to the masses.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Laveda(f): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
piperson:
I'm the birthdayboy

show me love smiley

Happy Birthday.

Hope you had fun?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by mceze(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
emmasege:
Am also one. I don't think the churches are to blame. The reason for decline in the state of public universities is attributable to poor funding by their owners. If federal universities were to pay salaries and obtain maintenance cost from school fees paid by students & run the school @ international standard , the cheapest course in most universities would be around one million naira. Isn't that the reason ASUU are perpetually embarking on strike in spite of the fact that Government pays their salaries? Running a university to an acceptable standard goes beyond salary payment.

Since you claim to be a Baptist, are you aware members still support the university in many ways in spite of the "outrageous" school fees being paid by students? Bowen tuition fees can't run the school efficiently. And don't be surprised if you found out that Winners Chapel founder and members also support Covenant University to keep the university going.

How then do the white run theirs?
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Akorshedy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
These schools are the only reason Education in Nigeria isnt a waste a money,time and effort.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
Are u saying churches shouldn't build uni. or what. Or are u saying it is expensive, i dont understand u. But i want to let u know that am in a gov't. uni. but i admire the private one's cos there is nothing like strike and the high level of corruption we experience here.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by piperson(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Laveda:

Happy Birthday.

Hope you had fun?

yh
thanks V.much
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Olufemiolaolu:
Thanks for seeing reasons with me.
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Alezy(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Famouson:
your last statement is supposed to be a preaching to some of these churches.

seems they have forgotten the aim of church gathering and purpose of creation. preach the word to as many as u can and lead dem to Christ. You see churches preaching prosperity 52 Sundays in a year and if u are not preaching prosperity, they run off Ur church. The devil is really working.

But God will/must prevail
Re: 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches by Slimmos(m): 12:03am On Nov 19, 2016
Famouson:
School fees combined might not even be up to Babcock alone..
Are u okay or trying to b okay? Al hikma alone is more than 600k..Muslims just like defending their own religion at all cost ni sha...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Student Enters In A Tunnel Because Of Rain / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.