Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,801 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? (1174 Views)

Does Christianity Support Underage Marriage? / Does Christianity Breeds Arrogance, A Chosen-people Mentality / Does Christianity Support Immorality And Pacifism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bountyxs: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2009
I was surfing yesterday checking up some nigeria blogs when i came upon this site: http://newageofreason./.In a comical way, he detailed how he went from christian to i dunno. The articles funny sha but it got me thinking something is missing. Why do we have more of this? It was my friend some weeks back, now another one. Thank God, my friend doesnt even know what blogging is let alone get to blog. I'm afraid we will soon witness an explosion of heretic blogs. Bone, the guy yarn fact make we no lie!
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by theseeker2: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2009
Simple! People are getting tired of believing in a God that died
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by javalove(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2009
I’m Tired of this entire gimmick
3 11 2009

Putting pen to paper for this …Oh My God. I’m tired of thinking thoughts that can’t be expressed or can be expressed but I’ve not yet expressed. I ‘m tired of thinking someone would take offense and label me a devil’s advocate. I’m tired of fearing man when there is a God. I’m tired of hearing that God exists in 3 pieces of physical states-one unseen and unfelt, one seen and felt; and the last unseen but felt. I’m tired of thinking my Maths is bad, or is 1+1+1=1? I’m tired. Somebody help! I’m tired of celebrating festivities deeply rooted in paganism and idolatry. I’m tired of asking questions and being told to just believe. I’m tired!

I’m tired of going to a place of worship where all I see is naked thighs and breasts. I’m tired of sexy girls visiting us in the hostels on the excuse of visitations. I’m tired of three fellowships claiming to have the same message slugging it out at the Angola car park on who has the loudest sound systems. I’m tired of paying tithe out of the #1,200 I collect from home. I’m tired of winning souls for Christ through fornication and immoral relationships.

I’m tired of the gospel comic series about the pastor who heals all things even when all those healed are unknown and those known still walk the streets blind, deaf, dumb and crippled. I’m tired of Oyakhilome smiling to the banks while I go unclothed and hungry. Of Oyedepo flying in jets while I stand in Molues. Of Adeboye making millions out of our individual tithes. I’m tired of people flocking to see the fraud called Adeboye/Oyakhilome/Oyedepo/Joshua/Adefarasin/Ajimolowo, oh sorry, Ashimolowo and the rest. I’m tired of people breaking up the chair Adeboye sat on and claiming blessing from it. I’m tired! I’m tired of human worship.

I’m tired of Bonnke sticking to Nigeria while he can’t step on his native German soil where he is wanted for Fraud. I’m tired of Benny Hinn asking for my donations when he is already proved to be a fraud. I’m tired of Ali G being pulled off YouTube because he exposed Benny Hinn. I’m tired of people flocking to these churches even when all these are in the media. Ah, shhhhh….I’m tired of crowd pulling juju o.

I’m tired of Church ushers looking like ball ushers and cheerleaders. I’m tired of praying to and worshipping Jesus when God is still alive. I’m tired of worshipping the cross, a symbol of devilish cults and an emblem of death and sorrow. I’m tired of people threatening me with Holy Ghost fire when it’s the fire that they even call while praying.

I may seem confused, investigating religions and so undecided, but not Christianity again. I’m tired!

“Decir, no vendemos”
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by jagunlabi(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2009
bountyxs:

I was surfing yesterday checking up some nigeria blogs when i came upon this site: http://newageofreason./.In a comical way, he detailed how he went from christian to i dunno. The articles funny sha but it got me thinking something is missing. Why do we have more of this? It was my friend some weeks back, now another one. Thank God, my friend doesnt even know what blogging is let alone get to blog. I'm afraid we will soon witness an explosion of heretic blogs. Bone, the guy yarn fact make we no lie!
First of all, define the word "heretic", and then tell us why it is wrong to be one.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nezan(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
@javalove;

[size=18pt]"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, perished." -- 2 Peter 3:3-6[/size]

Think about that.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by javalove(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nezan:

@javalove;

[size=18pt]"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, perished." -- 2 Peter 3:3-6[/size]

Think about that.

man stop quoting crap!!!!!

read another one

Why I do this
4 11 2009

I don’t hate Christianity, just that I don’t like delusion. When falsehood reigns in the place of truth, and dogmas displace reason, men are abandoned in the throes of ignorance. Christianity played a major part in the emergence of one of its adversaries, secular thoughts, it still does. The West is becoming atheist, homosexuality the order of the day and abortion rights may soon come to stay. I am not atheist, neither am I agnostic. I believe in a God that reigns supreme over all things and made reason to go in tandem with faith.
Christianity doesn’t just place faith over reason like all other religions do, but debase human reasoning so much as no other faith has done. Adherents are cramped into a solitary confinement whose walls are built with the bible and its lock the exegeses of the priests. Man be free, think and reflect! How reasonable is it to have one god in three phases? As the same but at the same time different individuals, yet one is supreme to the others. How do I believe in a book written and surprisingly so acknowledged by authorities, by men who didn’t meet Jesus or take from his disciples? How about Hitler coming to fight the cause of the Jews? Hey , who is Saul? He fought Jesus in life ad even more in death. He it was who laid the foundation for the destruction of reasoning.
Christian morality is also so putrid it can kill a dead fowl. Homosexuality among the priests, child molestation, conducting same sex marriages. Our Nigerian versions- fraud, juju and sexual harassment. The evil that men do sure live after them. The Christianity that the Colonial imperialists brought and forced on us sure still lives after them. When Marx said religion is the opium of the masses, he meat Christianity. Copernicus ad Galileo suffered untold hardship from the church all because they advanced a better cause for man.
As we journey along, please avoid blind followership. Open up your heart ad together let’s reason. It’s time to wake up to this new age of reason.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by theseeker2: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
javalove, what u need is islam. It will answer all ur question. Forget the sterotypes and discover for yourself
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nezan(m): 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Javalove;

You claimed that you are not an atheist, you claimed you believe in God but went ahead and called Christianity delusion.

What made you to claim belief in God?

Can you logically prove (with the age of reason you subscribe to) that God exist?

Is belief in God not delusion (according to the age of reason)?

'God is not man that we can understand His ways'.

Better sit up before the devil drags you to atheism (if you are not one yet).
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Abuzola(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
@nezan, the god that die is no God
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by theseeker2: 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nezan:

'God is not man that we can understand His ways'.

this is an attribute of Allah. Your god is a man. Or are you trying to deny it?
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 05, 2009
who's preaching to Javalove here?

the_seeker:

javalove, what u need is islam. It will answer all your question. Forget the sterotypes and discover for yourself

Javalove is already a fanatical Muslim, so whats your point?
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 05, 2009
@ topic

because Christianity doesnt kill heretics.

yes, I know in the dark ages heretics were tracked down and dealt with, but not anymore in this dispensation.

Its called progress though of course there are many who prefer to turn back the clock to those times.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bawomolo(m): 1:56am On Nov 05, 2009
probably because Christianity is full of bologna
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 05, 2009
bawomolo:

probably because Christianity is full of bologna

you're quite entitled to your opinion, as long as you're among Christians.

Try spewing crap about their religion to a[size=14pt] fanatical [/size] conservative Muslim, atheist or Hindu, and see if you wont receive bodily injury.

Do you now see why "Christianity produces more heretics " or you still want to be bull headed?
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 05, 2009
How can you possibly label Atheism a religion?
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bawomolo(m): 4:39am On Nov 05, 2009
tpia.:

you're quite entitled to your opinion, as long as you're among Christians.

Try spewing crap about their religion to a[size=14pt] fanatical [/size] conservative Muslim, atheist or Hindu, and see if you wont receive bodily injury.

Do you now see why "Christianity produces more heretics " or you still want to be bull headed?

atheist religion? what are you smoking on? 

fanatical Christians still exist by the way, they usually go to wars because God told them to do so, blow up abortion clinics and tell gays they should be sent to jail.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 05, 2009
bawomolo:

atheist religion? what are you smoking on? 

fanatical Christians still exist by the way, they usually go to wars because God told them to do so, blow up abortion clinics and tell gays they should be sent to jail.

the thread title says why do Christians allow heretics to walk around scotfree after blowing their mouths anyhow abusing other people's religion. That's what we're addressing here unless you want to derail the thread.

Telling gays they should be sent to jail is the same thing as killing them, right? You that open your mouth to insult Christians at every opportunity- what do you call your own?

which fanatical Christian went to war because God told him so? George Bush is your definition of a fanatical Christian?

The people blowing up abortion clinics- were they not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for that?
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by chiogo(f): 4:45am On Nov 05, 2009
Why is it that people who get all defensive in homosexual issues don't hesitate to bad-mouth Christianity as unbelievers?. whatever happened to respecting other people's beliefs? hmm. the hypocrisy!  

@topic, no idea smiley
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bawomolo(m): 4:51am On Nov 05, 2009
tpia.:

the thread title says why do Christians allow heretics to walk around scotfree after blowing their mouths anyhow abusing other people's religion. That's what we're addressing here unless you want to derail the thread.

Telling gays they should be sent to jail is the same thing as killing them, right? You that open your mouth to insult Christians at every opportunity- what do you call your own?

which fanatical Christian went to war because God told him so? George Bush is your definition of a fanatical Christian?

The people blowing up abortion clinics- were they not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for that?

Fanatics exists in all ideologies (this includes atheism).  it doesn't matter if they are prosecuted, what matters is that such ideologies lead to violent fanatics (some at an alarming rate than others).

chiogo:

Why is it that people who get all defensive in homosexual issues don't hesitate to bad-mouth Christianity as unbelievers?. whatever happened to respecting other people's beliefs? hmm. the hypocrisy!  

@topic, no idea  smiley

Why don't you just mention my name instead of using subliminals?  i may disagree with Christianity but in no way have i supported restricting the rights of people to worship as Christians.  that's the meaning of tolerance.

Do a better job of attacking me next time. I respect people like davidylan who say it like it is but sneak disses are disgusting and classless.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by chiogo(f): 4:58am On Nov 05, 2009
bawomolo:

Why don't you just mention my name instead of using subliminals?  i may disagree with Christianity but in no way have i supported restricting the rights of people to worship as Christians.  that's the meaning of tolerance.

try not to put your foot in your mouth next time.
You were not the only person I was referring to plus your name is too long. Anywayz, you recognize yourself. Good to know.  Who's attacking you? shioor grin

Ok, nobody cares whether you or I tolerate Christians or homosexuals. In homosexual threads, you tend to attack anyone who makes ANY anti-gay comment. You making that post about Christianity being bologna has nothing to do with tolerance. Would be better if you keep your "unbeliever ideas" to yourself.   cool
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bawomolo(m): 5:04am On Nov 05, 2009
chiogo:

You were not the only person I was referring to plus your name is too long. Anywayz, you recognize yourself. Good to know. 

Ok, nobody cares whether you or I tolerate Christians or homosexuals. In homosexual threads, you tend to attack anyone who makes ANY anti-gay comment. You making that post about Christianity being bologna has nothing to do with tolerance. Would be better if you keep your "unbeliever ideas" to yourself.   cool

oh please.  My opinion remains that Christianity is filled with bologna.  It's obvious my posts in homosexual threads have struck a nerve considering you always find a way to bring it up.   i do not attack but try to reason with the likes of sagamite.

we are both unbelievers by the way.  i doubt you accept "beliefs" such as Hinduism and Taoism. I just believe in one less dogma than you do.    You could just ignore my postsf you want to feel "better".
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by chiogo(f): 5:10am On Nov 05, 2009
Nerve?? Oh no, not at all. Your first comment just reminded me of your post on a thread not long ago about hypocrisy. Just letting you know you're an active participant. wink

You do attack when people say stuff like, "Homosexuality is immoral", which is similar to your post on this thread. Abeg joo, carry go. You don't know my beliefs so, speak for yourself.
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by bawomolo(m): 5:13am On Nov 05, 2009
chiogo:

Nerve?? Oh no, not at all. Your first comment just reminded me of your post on a thread not long ago about hypocrisy. Just letting you know you're an active participant.  wink

You do attack when people say stuff like, "Homosexuality is immoral", which is similar to your post on this thread. Abeg joo, carry go. You don't know my beliefs so, speak for yourself.

you obviously have a problem differentiating attack from a debate. 

I agree though, all humans are hypocrites to an extent. i'm out
Re: Why Does Christianity Produce More Heretics? by chiogo(f): 5:19am On Nov 05, 2009
bawomolo:

you obviously have a problem differentiating attack from a debate. 

I agree though, all humans are hypocrites to an extent. i'm out

Great!!! toodles. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Jehovah Witnesses All Carry 'black Square Bags?' / Pray 4 The Pope / Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.