Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? (8873 Views)

☠️ If Logic Is Not Everything ? Then Why Should We Rely On Science / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2016
HQuadreal:
Am not here to debate on any religion. Good day.
fair enough
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:
#yawns# Which church I go enter today sef?

church with the highest number of pretty girls
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2016
There's no such thing as the power of God, the power of Satan however, is a very potent something.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by HQuadreal: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

fair enough
Good.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by BetterChurch: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2016
By chanting the holy name of God, HU as often as we can.
see www.HearHU.org

It's important because It brings us back in line with the Holy Spirit.

OLAADEGBU:
How can we rely on the power of God? Why is relying on the power of God so important?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2016
Keep trusting God he cannot fail.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Miles300: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Faith in God !! Unlock the power of God in our lives
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

church with the highest number of pretty girls
Make I google search am embarassed
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by deezzle(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2016
Which God? The one that couldn't save the poor corper that died? The one that couldn't save members of the potiskum branch of rccg from boko haram gun men that massacred then during church service? The one that coulent save bimbo osikoya or myles munroe from a plane crash? The one that couldn't save the baby that died drowning in oyedepo's school?

You guys need to wake up from your deep sleep

4 Likes

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:
Make I google search am embarassed
try Christ embassy
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:

Lol. You sure say no be bar you mean?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
There's no such thing as the power of God, the power of Satan however, is a very potent something.

And what is Satan?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by nnamdibig(m): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2016
Faith! Faith!! Faith!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Lol. You sure say no be bar you mean?
No o grin cheesy I no dey drink beer much again because of recession cry
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
I'll tell you why. Now there are some conditions that are easily resolvable and there are issues that aren't so easy to resolve. Take health related issues for example. You have someone who has been diagnosed with an ailment, received medical attention but the issue lingered and probably was invited for a healing program and got healed. Whilst you cannot depend on the anointing of a man of God to run your life, there is something you can do. The Bible says, "physical exercise has its advantage but (spiritual exercise) culminating into godlikenness is profitable for all things and in all situations" (paraphrased)

Point is, you need to build your spiritual capacity to handle situations that an ordinary human being may be unable to handle.

I have an aunt and her son stopped breathing but she was able to revive the boy back. When she was telling us about the experience, she mentioned that she had handled a similar situation (along with a company of her friends years back). She had so built herself that when death knocked on the door of her son, she would not accept it but took charge of the situation without having to see a pastor. It takes more than bold face to do this sort of a thing and so that's why we need to depend on the power of God by building our selves spiritually, studying the Word of God, worshiping, praying in the spirit and taking out time to fast and pray. "God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what we ask or think, according to His power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20) i.e. the power of God that will work in your life is the one you have been able to appropriate, in simple terms

These things when done consistently, are the keys to experiencing the supernatural in your own life. This will not only help your power bank for the proverbial rainy day but it would open you up with fellowship with the sweetest person, the Holy Spirit, who guides and shows things to come to anyone who cares to allow Him room in his/her life.

Hope this clarifies
I love you.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2016
DeLioncourt:

And what is Satan?
Satan is the Messiah.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
j

let me ask you a question

Do you believe that God could ever forsake you? What would that look like? Can you describe for me any scenario at all which would constitute God forsaking you?

Think about that question for a bit. I suspect that if most Christians were to ponder this they would have to admit that any scenario they could dream up could quickly be explained away as “God testing us” or “working all things together for good, according to his divine plan.”

This question exposes something about the Christian faith which you almost have to be on the outside to see: It is a carefully-wrought construct within which it is impossible for God to do wrong.

It doesn’t just mean that his character prevents him from doing evil (and keep in mind here, I believe we’re talking about a fictitious character anyway). What I’m getting at is that this version of God has been so cleverly conceptualized that you cannot find anything wrong with him. It’s not possible .

All criticisms of the character of the Christian God have been categorically disallowed because your starting point asserts that all he does must be good, must be loving. Since that is your starting point, your frame of reference, absolutely anything and everything which happens must be interpreted as God being faithful to those whom he loves.

No matter how awful the situation, it’s God being good to you.

Devastating hurricane? God is good.

Child has cancer? God is good.

Spouse dies in a car wreck? God is good.

bomb blast kills a whole family? God is good

Minister molests several church members? People are bad but God is good.

Congratulations, you have constructed a framework that necessarily precludes any criticism of God. He cannot be unfaithful to you. You have logically disallowed it.

Put it all on God all you want but let me give you the true picture of things. Man decided to do it all by himself and the situation in the world today is the result.

If the state of the world today is as per God's will, then He would not ask that we pray that "His will should be done on earth as its done in heaven".

I read one thread were an atheist painted a picture of his father allowing a stranger rape his 2 year old daughter whilst he was outside cleaning his car but the father did nothing to prevent the stranger even though he was inside the house.

You see that's a wrong perspective. The right way to look at it is, the father was outside the house because he would not let his father in. The stranger went in because he carelessly left the door open, and raped his daughter and then he turned to blame his father even though he still sternly disallowed him from coming close to his house after the incedent

That's exactly what you guys are doing
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 8:39am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

I love you.
I love you too kiss

(that's a holy kiss grin)
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:

No o grin cheesy I no dey drink beer much again because of recession cry

Lmao. Asin ehn. I enter one bar, orijin na #500.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Satan is the Messiah.

Oh.. Good for him.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by ezekhiel(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2016
by simply becoming aware of His presence. we become aware of his presence by yielding to his words (bible).

1 Like

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2016
deezzle:
Which God? The one that couldn't save the poor corper that died? The one that couldn't save members of the potiskum branch of rccg from boko haram gun men that massacred then during church service? The one that coulent save bimbo osikoya or myles munroe from a plane crash? The one that couldn't save the baby that died drowning in oyedepo's school?

You guys need to wake up from your deep sleep
which God? The one you asked to steer clear of your affairs? Is that the God you want to save you from the perils of life? How would He steer clear from your affairs and still guide your affairs to ensure they all turn out right?

Which God please?

1 Like

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 8:45am On Dec 04, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Oh.. Good for him.
Not just him, good for the world and even heaven.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2016
Hello Christian Soldiers, pls ignore Hopefullandlord.

Pls. Pls.. Pls... Pls....
No Christian shd feed this virus.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1

Ungodly, Sinner, and Scornful.

The Spirit working in and through him is here to scorn, sneer, to cast aspersion on God and doubt in the minds of young Christians.

No matter how reasonable his comment is, pls discipline yourself and ignore it. Satan is not worth your response.

Maranatha.

Pls go to church.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Japhet04:
I couldn't have said it any better
JahBless
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:
Pls dont go. We do not need you. You'll just take up yhe seat and occupy space. Sit at home, no quwams.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2016
HQuadreal:

Am not here to debate on any religion.
Good day.
God bless you. Kick the demon out by ignoring him.

Satan is very Proud, if you ignore him, it pains him. I enjoy ignoring him.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Lmao. Asin ehn. I enter one bar, orijin na #500.

Chai, wetin be #300 for some bars before. Switch brand.. Try Hero or shack Life grin
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2016
@Op

I really need to know this. How do we know when God says NO to our request when relying on Him?

I no so well that, not everytime we pray and rely on Him to answer that we get what we asked for.

Most of the time NO is an answer from God. But most of us do not know that No is the answer, we go on pressing and expecting what we asked for.

How can we know to accept that God has answered and the answer is NO?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by HQuadreal: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

God bless you. Kick the demon out by ignoring him.

Satan is very Proud, if you ignore him, it pains him. I enjoy ignoring him.
OK.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:56am On Dec 04, 2016
David prayed that the first son he had with Beershaba not die, God said No.

Apst Paul prayed that an infirmity, be taken away from him, God said, No.

Moses prayed to enter the Promised land, God said No.

These are not mere men, yet God still said no to them, how do we come to the place of accepting No as an answer? Pls everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? / What Has God Done For You In 2017; That Deserves His Praise? / 3 Levels Of Knowledge By Pastor David Ogbueli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.