Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Canada Work Permit Applicants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Work Permit Applicants (7555 Views)

I Need A Canada Work Permit Visa / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canada Work Permit Applicants by Principessa0: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
This thread is specifically for people who are neither applying for Visitors' Visa, Students Visa nor Permanent Residency.
We can discuss with each other here. I applied for Closed Work Permit in April 2016 and I am still waiting for it. It been 7 months (yeah, it says 15 weeks on CIC website, well that could be how long it takes to process your application once CIC starts processing. Processing has been very slow this yeah basically due to high number of applications and workload, but I am patient.....someday I will get it. I completed medical examination in October.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by eneyedan(m): 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
I applied since August 2nd and nothing yet since then, I did upfront medical. Did you try to call them @Principessa0
Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by JOBSINNAIJA: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
Yes, I did send a case specific inquiry stating the obvious. They replied saying that my application is in queue for processing (this was before they requested for my medical examination). So, I know they are actually working after they sent me a medical request. It's just patience that we need. It's not easy having that sometimes but it'll be worth it in the end.
I really hope I can spend this Christmas in Canada! It will be a really white Christmas, lol!
Since you applied in August and did upfront medical, I don't know when you will hear back but I hope someone who has gotten the permit lately can share experience. It will be nice to know how long to wait for.
My recruiter/employer has been dying to have me start work because they are so short staffed and it's almost holiday! I feel so sorry for them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by Nunu16: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
JOBSINNAIJA:

Yes, I did send a case specific inquiry stating the obvious. They replied saying that my application is in queue for processing (this was before they requested for my medical examination). So, I know they are actually working after they sent me a medical request. It's just patience that we need. It's not easy having that sometimes but it'll be worth it in the end.
I really hope I can spend this Christmas in Canada! It will be a really white Christmas, lol!

Since you applied in August and did upfront medical, I don't know when you will hear back but I hope someone who has gotten the permit lately can
JOBSINNAIJA post=51125165:

Since you applied in August and did upfront medical, I don't know when you will hear back but I hope someone who has gotten the permit lately can share experience. It will be nice to know how long to wait for.
My recruiter/employer has been dying to have me start work because they are so short staffed and it's almost holiday! I feel so sorry for them.
share experience. It will be nice to know how long to wait for.

when did you apply JOBSINNAIJA? I hired a nanny from Nigeria and she applied for her workpermit since Sept 8......and unfortunately, she has not heard anything from them. I am thinking of sending an email.
Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by Principessa0: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Yes, I did. But I guess there's nothing much to do than to wait.
Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by JOBSINNAIJA: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nunu16:

when did you apply JOBSINNAIJA? I hired a nanny from Nigeria and she applied for her workpermit since Sept 8......and unfortunately, she has not heard anything from them. I am thinking of sending an email.
Since June 2016.
Re: Canada Work Permit Applicants by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Principessa0:
This thread is specifically for people who are neither applying for Visitors' Visa, Students Visa nor Permanent Residency.
We can discuss with each other here. I applied for Closed Work Permit in April 2016 and I am still waiting for it. It been 7 months (yeah, it says 15 weeks on CIC website, well that could be how long it takes to process your application once CIC starts processing. Processing has been very slow this yeah basically due to high number of applications and workload, but I am patient.....someday I will get it. I completed medical examination in October.

Here you have them

Visitors visa https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion

Student visa https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11

Permanent residency https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Stop duplicating threads

(1)

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life / / Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.