Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

The Prophet Protection As A Miracle - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Prophet Protection As A Miracle (453 Views)

The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday / Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prophet Protection As A Miracle by Yukov(m): 7:48am On Nov 18, 2016
As related through various channels, during the military campaign of Ghatfan and Anmar, a courageous chieftain named Ghowras unexpectedly appeared at the side of God’s Messenger, who was lying under a tree. Ghowras unsheathed his sword and asked God’s Messenger, ‘Who will save you from me now?’ God will, the Messenger replied. “God!” Then he prayed: “O God, suffice me against him in any way You will.

At that moment, Ghowras was knocked down and his sword slipped from his hand. God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, took the sword and asked him: Now, who will save you from me?

Ghowras began to tremble and entreated God’s Messenger to spare his life. ‘You are a noble, forgiving one; only forgiveness is expected of you,’ he pleaded. God’s Messenger forgave him, and when Ghowras returned to his tribe, he said to them: ‘I have just come from the best of mankind.’

• Abu Hurayra relates:

Abu Jahl once asked those near him: ‘Does Muhammad still rub his face against earth [i.e. make prostration]?’

– Yes, he does, they answered. Abu Jahl added:

– By Lat and ‘Uzza, if I see him doing that again, I will tread on his neck or bury his face with soil.’

A short while later God’s Messenger came and set out to pray. When he was in prostration, Abu Jahl approached him but suddenly turned back in fear and amazement, trying to protect himself with his hands. When asked why he had done so, he answered:

‘Truly, between him and me is a trench filled with fire, and something horrible and some wings.’

God’s Messenger commented on the event: “If he had approached me, the angels would have torn him to pieces.”
copied
Re: The Prophet Protection As A Miracle by TeamSimple(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2016
Allah is sufficient for Us.

(1) (Reply)

Match Making - Aboo Bannat / Aliamdulilah / Effect Of Missing Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.