Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones (12809 Views)

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? / 5 Smart Phones With Best Cameras In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Gsmbasics: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2016
A lot of Android phones comes with limitations. These limitations prevent users from installing new Applications or upgrade to most current Android version. In order to get the complete privileged control, you have to root your Android Phone.

[size=15pt]Here are some reasons to Root Android Phone.[/size]

1. Get rid of Bloatware

Bloatware is pre-installed applications that come with the phone. Although a few of these Apps are important, you might find some which is of no use and needlessly consume precious memory. To get rid of these Apps, you have to root to eliminate Bloatware.

2. Extend battery life

By rooting your Android phone, you can access functions which enable users to alter the settings, change the power that goes to CPU and minimize it to save battery life.

3. Customize your phone

A non-rooted phone has limitations and bring minimal options when it comes to altering wallpaper, ringtones, keyboard sounds and so on. As soon as you root your Android device, there is no limitation to the modifications that can be done on your phone.

4. Install new Applications

By rooting your Android device, you are permitted to install new Applications against limitations to installing specific apps on a non-rooted phone.

5. Overclock

Much like a PC can be overclocked, you can overclock your mobile phone. By default, phone manufacturers do not encourage overclocking to prevent users from burning down their own gadget. If you are a techie who likes to overclock your mobile phone, you have to root your smart device.

6. Change the phone using a customized ROM

A rooted phone enables flashing the ROM. This enables installing the current Android version as well as enhance performance of the device. This is one of the primary reasons users opted to root their mobile phone.

7. Increase Android memory

By getting rid of unwanted Apps and by setting up performance enhancing Apps, you can maximize valuable memory needed for the smooth performance of your phone. You can even utilize Apps like MiniTool Partition to make Android use the external disk space as internal space which enables better performance as well as enables installing more Apps.

8. Block Ads
The downside of non-rooted phone is that the phone is personalized for their brand. This implies you will see wallpapers, apps, games which reveals the trademark name or its affiliate's brand all over. Rooting your smart device enable installing Apps that allow blocking these advertisements as well as eliminate Apps that show ads.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/623/why-root-android-smart-phone.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by dimexy247(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2016
ok
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Youngpo413: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2016
Nice one
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Olasco93: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2016
Now I've understood better why people rooting their devices.
Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Gsmbasics: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Olasco93:
Now I've understood better why people rooting their devices.
Thanks OP
You're welcome
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
it's impossible for me to use any phone without rooting ..

I hate limitations

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by googlepikins: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
Now I understand this rooting thing.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by googlepikins: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2016
Op, I think that No 1 is the reason why I will try to root my phone.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Gsmbasics: 7:16am On Jun 28, 2017
googlepikins:
Op, I think that No 1 is the reason why I will try to root my phone.
I won't be surprised if you're using a Samsung phone.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by ebosetaled22(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2017
Please does rooting have any tin to do with data.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Mrkumareze(m): 7:30am On Jun 28, 2017
Gsmbasics:
You're welcome
How do I root my Samsung s6?
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by NIJJAking(m): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2017
REPENT NOW OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL FIRE....JESUS CHRIST LOVES AND WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE....you are not a mistake creature, God specially made you to be with Him here and in eternity in heaven. Give God a try today and you will know He exists and love you so much.

13 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by johnemeka(m): 7:35am On Jun 28, 2017
Good
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by just2endowed: 7:37am On Jun 28, 2017
I have retired in rooting phones.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by rayralph(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Mrkumareze:

How do I root my Samsung s6?

Ping pong root

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by sade1994(f): 7:38am On Jun 28, 2017
Does rooting has any disadvantage ?
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by michaelwilli(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2017
I rooted mine to install cyanogenmod. Tho I've returned to my stock rom
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by johnemeka(m): 7:40am On Jun 28, 2017
I like This..
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by calddon(m): 7:42am On Jun 28, 2017
For Xtreme Audio Mods

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Avery200: 7:42am On Jun 28, 2017
wch app is best for rooting phones
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by calddon(m): 7:42am On Jun 28, 2017
sade1994:
Does rooting has any disadvantage ?
It makes ur device vulnerable.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by calddon(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2017
NIJJAking:
REPENT NOW OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL FIRE....JESUS CHRIST LOVES AND WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE....you are not a mistake creature, God specially made you to be with Him here and in eternity in heaven. Give God a try today and you will know He exists and love you so much.
Its our love for God that should endear us into serving him not the fear of hellfire.... Wrong thread

11 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by ITbomb(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2017
ebosetaled22:
Please does rooting have any tin to do with data.

Yes, sometimes network providers select some phone type to give free data, if you know the particular phone they are doing the promo, you can get the IMEI and change yours to be eligible

Rooting helps change IMEI easily, see procedure
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by sade1994(f): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2017
calddon:

It makes ur device vulnerable.

To virus?
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2017
After Rooting your phone, feel free to install these modules - Top 5 xposed Installer modules
http://www.etechgist.com/2016/06/top-5-xposed-installer-modules.html?m=1
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by femi4: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2017
Avery200:
wch app is best for rooting phones
kingroot.....it roots like 80% of Android phones
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by femi4: 7:51am On Jun 28, 2017
9th reason: To change imei of some stubborn android OS
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by calddon(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2017
sade1994:

To virus?
To virus n malwares

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Nbote(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2017
Though with recent updates to Android OS systems rooting would no longer b required...

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by olumzzz(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2017
OP abeg shift.
U can only think of rooting wen u use a low end fone.
Y wud u wannna root a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 or S8?
Think bigger

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2017
List is incomplete without mentioning Lucky Patcher...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will There Ever Be A Drop Test Videos For Tecno And Infinix Phones / MTN ZTE Mf920w+ Mifi / Favorite Android Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.