Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction (600 Views)

To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition / Must Read: The Saints & The Sinner: Gideons' Battle / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction by deepthougths(m): 8:47am On Nov 18, 2016
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=301

Pls.. . I need reviews and likes.. . Comment on how you view the piece...

Positive criticism is welcomed... thanks

Your boy.. . Deep
Re: The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction by JBUZZ: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2016
Site not opening
Re: The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction by deepthougths(m): 9:48am On Nov 18, 2016
JBUZZ:
Site not opening

Copy link to ucbrowser or any higher browser... twill ask if you want to continue to site? Click yes.. . And viola.. . You'd be taken there...
Thanks for trying.. .
Re: The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction by deepthougths(m): 11:38am On Nov 18, 2016
Lemme just post the story... Link still remains the same..

THE SINNER by Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey

For three teen-years I was perhaps the ‘Rock’ upon which my father built his church, and the object of his Sunday chastity sermons. My body, he said, was “God’s Temple.”
Often, the Devil sends Ada to tempt me with pinches during Choir Practice, but I always overcome, never looking at her face.
This evening was different. When I saw her sitting under the mango tree, alone, my heart raced. There was a strange feeling on my chest, it felt like love. It was so strong that it drowned father’s voices in my head. Was this love at first sight?
I began rehearsing imaginary romantic lines until I found myself before her. My mouth was open, but there were no words, just father’s coveted white hibiscus in my hand. She got the flower and smiled, her moist eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses. She was not Ada!
“This is so sweet…” she started saying, but words were not enough, for she placed her lips on mine, and held my head so close that I could see a reflection on her pair of glasses. I closed my eyes…
…and opened to see the reflection on the glasses, his pair of glasses. I felt a sticky coldness on my thigh. Father stood over my bed with his Bible in hand, staring as if at the ruins of a temple. Ada’s unopened letter was on the bed, read and spread out; her hibiscus, like my sainthood, was crushed.
“Morning Prayer time!” he said and left.
My heart pounded, and I saw a vision of the cane exorcising the immoral demon in me. On my knees, I reminded God that I was only praying for Ada’s “deliverance” when the Devil brought his sinful dream, but even God’s testimony will not convince my father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sinner By Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey.. . My Etisalat Flash Fiction by effsamuel3: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2016
deepthougths:
Lemme just post the story... Link still remains the same..

THE SINNER by Effiong Godswill Samuel Bassey

For three teen-years I was perhaps the ‘Rock’ upon which my father built his church, and the object of his Sunday chastity sermons. My body, he said, was “God’s Temple.”
Often, the Devil sends Ada to tempt me with pinches during Choir Practice, but I always overcome, never looking at her face.
This evening was different. When I saw her sitting under the mango tree, alone, my heart raced. There was a strange feeling on my chest, it felt like love. It was so strong that it drowned father’s voices in my head. Was this love at first sight?
I began rehearsing imaginary romantic lines until I found myself before her. My mouth was open, but there were no words, just father’s coveted white hibiscus in my hand. She got the flower and smiled, her moist eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses. She was not Ada!
“This is so sweet…” she started saying, but words were not enough, for she placed her lips on mine, and held my head so close that I could see a reflection on her pair of glasses. I closed my eyes…
…and opened to see the reflection on the glasses, his pair of glasses. I felt a sticky coldness on my thigh. Father stood over my bed with his Bible in hand, staring as if at the ruins of a temple. Ada’s unopened letter was on the bed, read and spread out; her hibiscus, like my sainthood, was crushed.
“Morning Prayer time!” he said and left.
My heart pounded, and I saw a vision of the cane exorcising the immoral demon in me. On my knees, I reminded God that I was only praying for Ada’s “deliverance” when the Devil brought his sinful dream, but even God’s testimony will not convince my father.

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: The Other Room. / Seven Leadership Principles To Learn From An Eagle As You Enter 2017 / What Do I Do With My Manuscript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.