Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,116 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo (794 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 419 Okorocha Belongs To IBB Gay Cult; Killed White Man, Dad Hausa / Women Belongs To The Kitchen: A Demostration Of Illiteracy / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sirequity(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2016
TAIWO Obasanjo, ex-wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo has backed President Muhammadu Buhari on his recent statement that his wife, Aisha belongs to the kitchen and the other room.

According to her, the major duty of a woman was to take care of her husband and the family.

President Muhammadu Buhari had, recently in Germany, declared that his Aisha belonged to the kitchen and the other room in reply to his her protest that some unknown politicians had hijacked his government.

The statement triggered nationwide condemnation with many Nigerians attacking the president for relegating his wife to the kitchen.

Reacting, Mrs. Obasanjo, who is set to roll out a new political platform on which she plans to actualise her dream of “rebuilding Nigeria”, said there was nothing wrong in Buhari’s statement.

Her words, “I think the statement attributed to President Muhammadu Buhari has been misconstrued to another thing entirely and interpreted out of context.

“But you must appreciate that a woman’s obligation, to her husband, is to look after him, cook for him, which is in the kitchen, look after the family and the household and also take care of him in the bedroom. So, Buhari was in order when he said that.

“If you are a wife of the president, your job is primarily to look after him and I’m supporting that. If you are a married woman, your basic responsibility is to take care of the man and the home," she was quoted by Vanguard Newspaper as saying in an interview where she said he new party will bring the real change desired by Nigerians.

Asked why she didn’t not join APC despite her undying support for the president, Mrs. Obasanjo said, “I cannot join him. I’m not part of him. My mission is different. I’m all out for something that has a voice.

“Right now, people are complaining, talking negatively about him; but that is not the solution.”

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/truly-women-belongs-to-the-kitchen-and-the-other-room-obasanjo/

Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 10:53am On Nov 18, 2016
Please let's focus in national issues burning

We should not over flog this issue
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by DLondonboiy: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:

which burning national issues?
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by talktonase(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2016
The same person wants political relevance! Please go and remain in the kitchen biko!
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by samopad(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2016
Whether 'she' belongs to kitchen or the other room. How has that improve the economy?
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2016
DLondonboiy:

which burning national issues?

You are also a national burning issue
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sirequity(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2016
talktonase:
The same person wants political relevance! Please go and remain in the kitchen biko!

GBAM!!!

Let her go back and remain in the kitchen since according to her, Buhari was right.

She should forget politics.‎

1 Like

Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by DLondonboiy: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:

You are also a national burning issue

You need help...You need to be saved...and you don't have anybody to tel you..Don't you have friends?
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2016
DLondonboiy:

You need help...You need to be saved...and you don't have anybody to tel you..Don't you have friends?

I have one in Dlondonboiy
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by DLondonboiy: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:

I have one in Dlondonboiy
*spits* May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2016
DLondonboiy:

*spits* May God have mercy on your soul.

It is also well with you brother
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by Mrjo(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:

mallam! Which 1
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2016
Mrjo:
mallam! Which 1

Nna make why ?
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by Mrjo(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:

Nna make why ?
maka ur oga on top is alwayr right
Re: Truly Women Belongs To The Kitchen And The Other Room - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2016
Mrjo:
maka ur oga on top is alwayr right

I gave him , Nigeria gave him mandate of 4years to perform

Let's wait & see

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Allegedly Ordered Justice Binta Nyako Letter Not To Order Kanu’s Release / Massob Insists On Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Planned Demolition Of Mosques,fayose Is Playing With Fire Says MURIC(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.