Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

Wenger More Respected Than Me, Says Mourinho, Confirms Rooney Fit To Face Arsena - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger More Respected Than Me, Says Mourinho, Confirms Rooney Fit To Face Arsena (512 Views)

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele / I Won’t Celebrate If Man United Beat Chelsea, Says Mourinho / Salah Declared Fit To Face Russia By Egypt FA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger More Respected Than Me, Says Mourinho, Confirms Rooney Fit To Face Arsena by Jalapa01(m): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho claimed on Friday he is not shown the same respect as his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger, ahead of their Premier League showdown on Saturday.

Mourinho, 53, has regularly clashed with Wenger, 67, over the course of his two spells as Chelsea manager and his current role at United.

Both men have three Premier League titles each, but with Mourinho having won his last title as recently as 2015 — as opposed to 2004 for Wenger — he feels the media do not give him enough credit.

“In the Premier League, going just on the Premier League, tomorrow is a match between the two managers with the best record. Sir Alex Ferguson isn’t here anymore,” Mourinho said.

“Tomorrow, I think between the two managers we are speaking about, I think (there are) six or seven Premier League titles. I have three, he has three or four.

“Does that mean we should be respected, even in periods where our results are not the best? I think Mr Wenger has that respect from all of you. I don’t think I have.

“Especially because my last Premier League title was 18 months ago, not 18 years ago. I don’t think I get that respect.

“But to be honest, I just follow my way because I want to win a ninth championship and I want to win a fourth Premier League.”

United, sixth in the table, have won just two of their last eight league games and will fall nine points below Arsenal if they are beaten at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Wenger has never beaten Mourinho in a league game and has not masterminded a league win at Old Trafford since September 2006, but Mourinho says those statistics will count for nothing.

“Some records are better than others,” he told reporters at United’s training base in Carrington, west of Manchester.

“But in the end, a football match is an isolated event, nothing to do with what happened before, nothing to do with what can happen in the future.”

Mourinho confirmed Wayne Rooney was “ready” to face Arsenal after withdrawing from England duty with a minor knee injury.

He also spoke on the fitness of some other key squad players

Continue reading at http://www.bookspen.com/wenger-respected-says-mourinho-confirms-rooney-fit-face-arsenal/
Re: Wenger More Respected Than Me, Says Mourinho, Confirms Rooney Fit To Face Arsena by princeemmma(m): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
MONRINHOO ALWAYS COMPLAINING shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wenger More Respected Than Me, Says Mourinho, Confirms Rooney Fit To Face Arsena by CoolFreeday(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
God, watin carry this man come man u self. Even as a man u fan, d truth remains that aside fergie, no one else is better than Wenger in EPL.

#Stop talking n go put our team in order.

(1) (Reply)

Blac Chyna Steps Out For The First Time After Giving Birth To Her Daughter / El Clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Today At 4:15 PM / Ronaldo Learned From Me: Jay-jay Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.