Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos (4278 Views)

See What A Serving Nigeria Army Officer Posted On His Facebook Page About Igbos. / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos / IGP Idris Promotes Policemen Who Killed Notorious "Vampire" In Imo State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by Victorvexz(m): 5:53am On Nov 19, 2016
kettle84:
unfortunately, people who say things like these have not crossed the river Niger neither have the seen the southeast in real life. Mr Yoruba man,Lagos was our country's capital belonging to no one but Nigeria and all Nigerians.Lagos is NO MAN's LAND but Nigeria's hens the special attention it gets from FG. understand it ! why won't they troop there,so far it is ONE NIGERIA Lagos belongs to all Nigerians and Nigeria.
Hypocritical tribe. U only use One Nigeria when it suits u. U want Biafra but u still want to remain in Nigeria as a citizen, enjoying the same right as other Nigerians as if nothing happened. U want to eat ur cake and still have it. Lol. Una never see anything
Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by FastShipping: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2016
bugidon:
E pain am!!! don't be sad bro just enjoy the success of igbos

SMH! What is my business with tribal sh1t you all do here? I saw a big lie and I pointed it out. What is my damn business about any Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or Efik success? I can see you are damn pained and about to cry I pointed the lie out. You are a damn big foool.

Below is the same lie posted here in 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2790350/biafra-goes-away-nigeria-first#40831962

2016 same lie recycled. Aren't you and your co liars ashamed of yourselves?
Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by MrEverest(m): 6:25am On Nov 19, 2016
This man said the obvious truth, others can keep lying to themselves to feel ok but the truth shall always prevail. Its only in Igboland that I see a lot of selfless service by the rich and middle class to help the poor, a man in Anambra single handedly turned his village into a town by biulding hospitals, roads, skyscraper, police stations, houses for widows etc & there are so many other instances across Igboland!

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by PedroJP(m): 6:26am On Nov 19, 2016
kropotkin2:
Fake news from a questionable source and even if it were true, it is the opinion of one man and does not reflect that of the majority. No Nigerian ethnic group is superior to another

Igbos are superior to all other ethnic groups.

First, if they are not suprior why do you so much rely on them for your existence that you fear so much the thought of having them secede ?

Second, if your tribes are in equal with them, why do are you not confident on your sovereignity as a tribe ?

The mere fact alone that whited were afraid of their interest in our region if autonomy was granted to Biafra then should tell you that Igbos are not in same league with you.

They are smarter than the whites think about them. Our superiority to other tribes will never allow us settle for equality and in same class with you in Nigeria. We must always push for space to show our class and levels.

If we are equal or has same mentality, Biafra would have died a natural death long time ago.

But that superiority thing won't allow it and you know it is the truth. Better accept the truth and be free.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2016
Victorvexz:
nt
Ignoramus read this

Open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

When destiny brought you on the scene, we were enamoured because you championed the case for true federalism. It was your belief then that the Yoruba nation will fare better under a restructured arrangement than under the type of unitary government we run while pretending by calling it a federal government. Everyone knows that there is nothing federal about our government at all. If truth must be told, the Yoruba nation has fared very badly since the advent of our new democracy. And this is not about holding power at the centre.

Let me bring this home: someone passed a comment recently that he would want Biafra to become a reality because he knows the Igbo nation will survive. That comment led me to deeper introspection as I wondered if the Yorubas can truly survive. Let me cite my first example. From Oyo to Osun, Ogun to Ondo, Ekiti to Kwara and Lagos, hardly will one see any serious industry or manufacturing concern owned by a Yoruba person. I am not talking about portfolio businesses or one-man business concerns. Most industries in Oyo State are owned by the Lebanese. The native business and industry gurus who dominated the landscape- Nathaniel Idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Alao Arisekola, Adeola Odutola, Jimoh Odutola, Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni and others- are all gone with no credible replacements. I’m sure you remember the tyre factory of the Odutolas and how Jimoh Odutola was even asked by the Governments of Kenya and Ghana to set up a similar factory in their countries. Chief Theophilus Adediran # Oni , popularly called T.A # Oni & Sons started the first indigenous construction company in Nigeria. He willed his residence- Goodwill House, to the Oyo/Western state government, to be used as a Paediatric Hospital, which is now known as T.A Oni Memorial Children Hospital at Ring Road in Ibadan. This sprawling family Estate and residence was cited on a 15acre piece of land, 65 rooms, with modern conveniences, Olympic Swimming Pool and stable for Horses, etc.

People like Chief Bode Akindele started companies like Standard Breweries and Dr Pepper Soft drink factory at Alomaja in Ibadan. Broking House built by the late Femi Johnson, an insurance magnate, still stands glittering in the mid-day sun as an epitome to a rich history that Ibadan has. The most serious and only notable Yoruba entrepreneur we have now is Michael Adenuga. I say this quite consciously because most of the other names are oil and gas barons. Most of what stood as testaments of industry in Oyo State are gone- Exide Batteries, Leyland Autos and many others. In its place are shopping malls and road side markets but no nation develops through buying and selling alone- especially when you’re not actually producing what you’re selling. Hypermarkets and supermarkets have taken over because of the need to feed our insatiable consumer-appetite and foreign tastes. In one instance, an ancient landmark in the form of a hotel was demolished to pave way for a mall. That is how low we have sunk. If our past is better than our present- if we always look back with nostalgia frequently, then there is a problem.

The case of other states is not different. Osun’s case is pathetic. Ditto for Ondo and Ekiti. Ogun State can boast of some factories at Sango-Otta and Agbara axis but most of them are not owned by the Yorubas. There is no significant pharmaceutical company owned by any Yoruba except for Bond Chemicals in Awe, Oyo State- and its wallet share is very insignificant. For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don’t forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective.

Asiwaju, I will like to also talk about the state of education in the Yoruba nation. Our education has gone to the dogs. We have a bunch of mis-educated and ill-educated young men and women roaming the streets. Ibadan, for instance, had the first University in Nigeria and the first set of research centres in Nigeria ( The Forestry Research Institute, the Cocoa Research Institute (CRIN), The Nigerian Cereal Research Institute Moor Plantation (NCRI), the NIHORT (Nigerian Institute of Horticultural Research), the NISER (Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research), IAR&T (Institute of Agriculture, Research and Training), amongst several others). Ibadan was the bastion of scholarship with people like Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, D.O Fagunwa and Amos Tutuola as residents. In the May/June 2015 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, Abia came tops. Anambra came 2nd while Edo was 3rd. Lagos placed 6th while Osun and Oyo was 29th and 26th. Ekiti was 11th, Ondo State was 13th and Ogun State was 19th. In 2013 WASSCE, only Lagos and Ogun States were the Yoruba States above the national average. If we do an analysis of how Lagos placed 6th in 2015, you will discover that it was substantially because of other nationalities resident in Lagos. For proof, please look no further than the winners of the Spelling Bee competition which has produced One-Day Governors in Lagos State. Since inception in 2001, other nationalities have won the competition six times (Ebuka Anisiobi in 2001, Ovuwhore Etiti in 2002, Abundance Ikechukwu in 2006, Daniel Osunbor in 2008, Akpakpan Iniodu Jones in 2011 and Lilian Ogbuefi in 2012). Sir, there is something seriously wrong about our state of education. From the vintage times of Obafemi Awolowo who initiated ‘free education’, we have regressed into a most parlous state.

Let me talk about roads, housing and infrastructure . The first dualized road in Nigeria, the Queen Elizabeth road from Mokola to Agodi in Ibadan was formally commissioned by Queen Elizabeth in 1956. The first Housing Estate in Nigeria is Bodija Housing Estate (also in Ibadan) which was built in 1958. The state of roads in the Yoruba nation has become pathetic. Our hinterland are still largely rural. Even some state capitals like Osogbo and Ado-Ekiti are big villages when you compare them to towns in the South East. How many new estates have been built over the last decade? Even Ajoda New Town lies in ruins.
We have abandoned the farm settlement strategy of the Western Region and only pay lip service to agriculture. Instead of feeding others like we once did, others now feed us. We plant no tomatoes, no pepper and the basic food that we require. The Indians have bought the large expanse of water body that we have in Onigambari village. The water body in Oke Ogun of Oyo State can provide enough fish to feed the whole of the South West. From being a major cocoa exporter many years ago, one can point to just a few vestiges of factories that still deal with Cocoa in the Yoruba nation. 80% of Cocoa processing industries in the South West have been shut down. The Chinese have taken over the cashew belt at Ogbomoso in Oyo State. They have even edged out the indigenes as brokers. They now come to the cashew belt to buy from the local farmers, sell on the spot to other Chinese exporters who now process the cashew nuts and import them back into Nigeria at a premium. Sir, there are only 7 major cashew processing plants in Nigeria and you can check out the ownership. The glory has departed from the Yoruba nation.

Apart from Asejire, Ede, Ikere Gorge and Oyan dams built ages ago, where are the new dams to cater for increased population and water capacity for the Yoruba nation? How have we improved on what our heroes past left us? Maybe apart from certain areas in Lagos State, others can’t even supply their citizens with pipe-borne water.

Our youth which we used to take pride in are largely a mass of unemployed and unemployable people. Have you noticed the abundance of street urchins, area boys, touts and ‘agberos’ that we now have all across the Yoruba nation? Have you noticed the swell in the ranks of NURTW (I mean no disrespect to an otherwise noble union)? Have you noticed the increase in the number of Yoruba beggars? There was a time that it was taboo for a Yoruba man to beg- but no more. The spirit of apprenticeship is dead. There was a time that people who learn vocational skills celebrate what we referred to as ‘freedom’. While that is largely moribund now in the Yoruba nation, the Igbos still practice it with great success.

The only thing we can boldly say the Yoruba nation controls is the information machinery- the press. We own largely the newspapers- the Nation, Punch, Nigerian Tribune, TV Continental and a few others. It is because of our control of this information machinery that we have rewritten the narrative in the country with the misguided self-belief that things are normal and we are making progress. A look beyond the surface will prove that this is so untrue.

We are largely divided. For the first time in the history of the Yoruba nation, religion is about to divide us further- and it is starting from Osun State. You are married to a Christian. My own father-in-law is an Alhaji. That is how we have peacefully do-existed but the fabrics are about to be torn to shreds because of poor management of issues. Afenifere has been reduced to a shadow of itself. OPC that once defended Yoruba interests has gone into oblivion. Yoruba elders have been vilified in the name of politics and partisanship. It is no longer news to see teenagers throwing stones at their elders because of their political indoctrination. Even under the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yorubas never belonged to just a single party- yet our unity was without blemish. Now, our values have gone down the drain.

Asiwaju, I believe I have said enough. The task is Herculean but I believe Providence has brought you here for such a time like this. It is time for the Yoruba nation to clean up its acts. What do we really want? How can we quickly right the wrongs? The Yoruba nation is in a state of arrested development. The Yoruba nation is gasping for breath and crying for help. Will you rise up to the occasion? I am aware you understand that all politics is local and charity begins at home. Our fathers gave us a proverb: ‘Bi o’ode o dun, bi igbe ni’gboro ri’. I know there are no quick fixes but I also know that if there is anyone who has the capacity to do something about our current situation, that person is you. This should be the legacy you should think of. Your legacy is our future.

Yours Very Sincerely,

By Bayo Adeyinka

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by kettle84(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2016
Victorvexz:

I have being to the south east several times, I always love when I am crossing that Niger bridge, but after that, what I see is a huge IDP camp. People fail to realize that the success of the igbos is only individual, and not regional. A sensible person will not count that as success, what has the individual success of the igbos brought to the south east, because after the north, the south east is the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria. Where is the Igbo success u people continue to boast about if u can't replicate it in ur region. I liken the igbos as a man with enough money who is living with his friend in a one room apartment but still went ahead to buy the latest jeep instead of investing the money in building his own house to live comfortably.
bro, always use Oshogbo, Ekiti,Osun,shagamu,ondo ,kwara etc as point of comparison. if these areas are paradise in Nigeria and the most developed why should starving people and salary earners be fed with stomach infrastructure by fayoshe. compare those areas to kano,Kaduna and sokoto and tell us which is the most developed.

1 Like

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by Victorvexz(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2016
PedroJP:

Igbos are superior to all other ethnic groups.

First, if they are not suprior why do you so much rely on them for your existence that you fear so much the thought of having them secede ?

Second, if your tribes are in equal with them, why do are you not confident on your sovereignity as a tribe ?

The mere fact alone that whited were afraid of their interest in our region if autonomy was granted to Biafra then should tell you that Igbos are not in same league with you.

They are smarter than the whites think about them. Our superiority to other tribes will never allow us settle for equality and in same class with you in Nigeria. We must always push for space to show our class and levels.

If we are equal or has same mentality, Biafra would have died a natural death long time ago.

But that superiority thing won't allow it and you know it is the truth. Better accept the truth and be free.
So why are u and ur people always angry when the northerners say they are superior and they are born to rule? Are u not guilty of the same thing. The difference between u and them is that they always show there superiority and born to rule mentality in every ways especially where it matters (politics) . There is nothing the igbos have done to prove their superiority to other tribes. South east is the only region with 5 states, even Niger delta minorities have 6, the funny thing about this is that it's the Hausa people that created ur small 5 state and gave to u and u had no choice but to take it . Ur attempt at superiority caused ur people 2 million lives. keep deceiving urself, if u think what u just said right now have any effect on anybody, then u must be dreaming. Currently ur region is so backward, ur people are asslickers to every tribe.? Remember as in that ur desire to show ur so called superiority led to the death of 2 million.
Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by PedroJP(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2016
Victorvexz:

So why are u and ur people always angry when the northerners say they are superior and they are born to rule? Are u not guilty of the same thing. The difference between u and them is that they always show there superiority and born to rule mentality in every ways especially where it matters (politics) . There is nothing the igbos have done to prove their superiority to other tribes. South east is the only region with 5 states, even Niger delta minorities have 6, the funny thing about this is that it's the Hausa people that created ur small 5 state and gave to u and u had no choice but to take it . Ur attempt at superiority caused ur people 2 million lives. keep deceiving urself, if u think what u just said right now have any effect on anybody, then u must be dreaming. Currently ur region is so backward, ur people are asslickers to every tribe.? Remember as in that ur desire to show ur so called superiority led to the death of 2 million.

Still proving my point. What other evidence do u need than the fact u and ur northerners couldn't come man to man to face Igbos alone.
Practically, many tribes came against Igbos during the war and some are even major powers of the world. You should have proved your might with collabo of Hausa/fulani/yoruba and some Ijaw sell outs during the war, but no, Igbos were superior in all aspect of the war till you decided to go for the ordinary non combatants, regardless of foreign powers.

You should hide your shameful self celebrating power that you didn't earn but was gifted.

Igbo superiority is on its way to reclaiming that power. Call it chest beating but i know that somewhere deep down in ur heart the truth is beating continually like a sledge hammer telling you there is something in the offiing about Igbos.

Relax and watch as things unfold

3 Likes

Re: Idris Abubakar (Dakata Of Kano) Shocking Revelation About Igbos by Victorvexz(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2016
PedroJP:

Still proving my point. What other evidence do u need than the fact u and ur northerners couldn't come man to man to face Igbos alone.
Practically, many tribes came against Igbos during the war and some are even major powers of the world. You should have proved your might with collabo of Hausa/fulani/yoruba and some Ijaw sell outs during the war, but no, Igbos were superior in all aspect of the war till you decided to go for the ordinary non combatants, regardless of foreign powers.

You should hide your shameful self celebrating power that you didn't earn but was gifted.

Igbo superiority is on its way to reclaiming that power. Call it chest beating but i know that somewhere deep down in ur heart the truth is beating continually like a sledge hammer telling you there is something in the offiing about Igbos.

Relax and watch as things unfold
lol, keep consoling urself bro. Keep massaging ur badly bruised Ego. Igbo superiority is only by mouth and in Facebook and Nairaland

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Southwest Have A Good Chance To Retain Power. / Dr Damages Destroy Tinubu And Osibanjo On Air (video) / Lagos APC Rally See How They Were Paying For People To Attend(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.