Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. (776 Views)

Fashola Inspects Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway / Obiano Begins Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road / Wike Begins Rehabilitation Of Aba Road (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by PortHakotTimes(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
Recently Flagged Off rehabilitation of Bonny Jetty ( popular known as Nembe , Bonny, Bile Jetty) by Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has taken off in full speed.
Looking at the place from far distance, you won’t notice any sign of construction activity because of heavy Commercial Activities going side by side with the construction.

When one of the traders who gave his name as Ben was asked why they’ve not looked for alternative instead of endangering their lives here.
He simply said that ” no alternative anywhere yet”.
According to him, ” most of us are just struggling to survive, where can I get up to 250 to 300 thousand naira to rent shop in this city”?

It’s true that the people are struggling to survive, I believe they need safety to do that.
While I applaud the state government for keeping to their campaign promise of rehabilitating that place, which is over due, it’s very important to make sure no human casualty is recorded.

http://portharcourttimes.com/2016/11/17/265/

Re: Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by eezeribe(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
OK
Re: Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by ifyan(m): 1:06am On Nov 19, 2016
In this recession you won kill peson.
You forget say man must wak .

Remember life is all about taking RISK.
Re: Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by chriskosherbal(m): 2:02am On Nov 19, 2016
shocked
Re: Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by PortHakotTimes(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
ifyan:
In this recession you won kill peson.
You forget say man must wak .

Remember life is all about taking RISK.
You're correct, but no matter the situation, all stakeholders concerned should ensure safety.
Re: Traders Taking Risk As Rehabilitation Of Bonny Jetty In Port Harcourt Continues. by PhockPhockMan: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
I will be there today to see things for myself. I've been shouting about the deplorable state of that Jetty. I'm very happy the government have started doing something.

(1) (Reply)

Mimiko Fulfill Your Promises On Paying Workers Salaries / Please Please Someone Tell Fg To Pay Health Workers Their Salries / What It Takes To Register A Youth Political Party In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.