Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) (774 Views)

My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / My Sister Married An Impotent Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2016
It has been moved to Literature section...here is d link

https://www.nairaland.com/3473737/sister-best-flasback-short-story

Modified: here it is

Years ago, later years of my nursery school, my eldest sister was my family best. She was exceptional with high work rate. I could remember ,,,,I don't wash ! Be it plate or whatever. How she would be carrying me like like blessed sacrament. At school, raise ur voice harshly on me and invite a thunder. Then when little #5 would still buy a a gud sizeable agidi jollof and my favorite coconut biscuit, when #15 naira would bought me a drink minanqua(don't knw if I got d spelling).

She once bought me shoes when I took 3rd position in nursery 3 Ist term from little money she got from Christmas roaming ,,,,remember she was 11 that year and I was 6. Fr. Mbaka was not needed to prophesized that sister Evelyn cares for Chris and in return , Chris loved her more than mummy.

The cursed day arrived, the DAY I had, have and will continue praying not to show its ugly self again , the day my genuine love for my sister faded away, the day my eyes poped out because of tears......

We came back from our routine Saturday morning mass and legion of mary's junior presidium's meeting that follows together with mother who also was among the [b]C.W.O[/b]members that volunteered themselves to be sweeping and scrubbing church and it's premises on first Saturdays.
We came back and my lovely sister started her usual morning chores,,,,mum went to kitchen to prepare breakfast and I was in the bedroom playing my puzzle my sister dashed me as well as she( Evelyn) was undressing the bed because its Saturday and it MUST be washed.

Evelyyyyn .....mummy called,,,,she left the bed to answer mumsy, maybe you should ask Chris was the next tin I heard,,,so I took my game to the kitchen. Why did you took d fish from the pot asked mummy.....I'm confused cos it wasn't my doing. Evelyn claimed it wasn't her too,,,,,, Eve was a good gal and I'm just six with some sketchy behaviour,,,, mum concluded its me,,,,Evelyn can't do something that ,,,even me believed it could never b her.
Like play like play,,,, the matter escalated ,,,while I was still trying to prove my innocence,,,,,,a mighty slap landed on my left ear and there was a funny musical sound that i started to hear like that of late chief Osita Osadebe. Tears rolled down cheek my ,,,,I was in agony ,,,,I'm pained ,,,,Chris can't talk ,,, I tried to but no words could b found,,,,,my tongue was lame and my heart growing bitter,,

Flashback last night,,,i was the last person that visited the kitchen when i was thirst after we had said our night prayers so all fingers were pointing at me. Mummy said she would apply pepper to my eyes ,,,she was ashaned that his only son is a thief and liar at same time,,,,i looked around and neighbours were all starring at me ,,,,,i looked at my lovely sister's eyes ,,,,she's disappointed ,,,,,mum had finish her pepper stuff as she was about to place it to my eyes ,,,,,It's me shouted Evy,,,,she started crying,,,, mum was dumfolded and everyone surprised ,,,,Evelyn?? Stealing?? Unbelievable..... I gat mad at her for she didn't say the truth earlier,,,,I felt humiliated ....I went close to her and said "I hate you"

I don't want to associate with her again,,,2 days on,,,it was on Monday,,,,a public holiday,, (27th may) ,,,,children's day. I was too young that I wasn't allowed to be among the contingents that would represent our school @ local government,,,,Evy had left in the morning about 7.am,,,,,next 3 hours,,,,,the worst happened,,,the school bus colided with a "MACK" truck,,,unfortunately,,,Evelyn was among the 8 that didnt make it

Today is her birthday birthday,,,,,I lost my beautiful sister without forgiving her,,,,I didnt hate you ,,,,I lied dat I did.

I LOVE YOU SIS
Sleep well

#Fiction

1 Like

Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by spixytinxy(f): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2016
So so painful, rest in peace Evelyn
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Rukkydelta(f): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2016
So sad. May she R.I.P
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Exponental(m): 7:32am On Nov 19, 2016
Pathetic...
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2016
Abeg,,,,who knows how i fit move dis to literature section??

Lalasticlala epp me
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by BobUg28(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2016
Op, your story literally brought a nostalgic feeling to my memory. What you just stated happened to me when I was a kid. I was accused of stealing my step-mums' smoked fish not knowing it was carried away by a hungry dog. There's nothing I didn't do to prove myself right and it all failed to their deaf ears.

But the moment God intervened on my behalf, truth surfaced as the Dog which carried the closely knitted iron-basket was seen with the smoked fish half-eaten inside the basket.
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Rukkydelta(f): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
Tinydick:
Abeg,,,,who knows how i fit move dis to literature section??

Lalasticlala epp me

So it's fiction and I thought it was real

Anyway, you did a great job. This piece is so emotional
Re: My Sister My Best (flashback: Short story) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Rukkydelta:

So it's fiction and I thought it was real

Anyway, you did a great job. This piece is so emotional

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ, Click Here Now / Children Of Anger Abandon Their Parents / Happy Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.