Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders (1239 Views)

Same Pics .... 3 Different Sellers ... Yahoo Boys In Pet Section / Dog Breeders Whatsapp Group Link / Bobby Saxy Rules Pet Section Of Nairaland...if U Blive Drop Ur Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Wristler: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2016
I'm a big fan of dogs and I'm in serious need of a nice gaurd/Working dog. But the modus operandi of this section of Nairaland is quite untidy to say the least.

It seems this section is majorly for puppy peddling. Like seriously, Lotta people claim to be dog lovers but all that transpires here is dog trading, save for a few that keep diaries and open informative threads. A nigga (breeder) was feeling like a Don, in a bad deal thread and then I realized he had not been seen to be beneficial to this section or to anyone in particular, as one will say of Gazzuzz in Car talk, (and a lot of others in several other sections) to mention a few

Now, to my point, Why don't puppy peddlers who parade themselves as breeders put/include their price tags whenever they open sale threads. It's un-understandable. It allows for shady dealings and scams. It doesn't help newbies in purchasing, as they might not make sensible market survey from this section. It doesn't allow for standardization and quality assurance. A typical example is the Caucasian sherperd issh that occurred of recent. Fixing a price tag would have carried everyone along when the breeder made his advert post. Also, It will make people know about how expensive certain breeders are, compared to others. It will even save buyers the stress and cost of calling different dog peddlers just to get a price range. It makes transaction easier, more open and honest.

This is not what obtains in Auto section. If a car dealer posts a thread abt a brand new (pedigree) Camry 2016 and puts the price at 1 million or a Brand new 1998 Camry and puts the price at 5 million, It's easier for people to judge or sense a scam.
A scan through Auto section will give one an idea of the price of a car, and same things obtain in Phone and Laptop sections.

I hope this works out.. ..Its better if it does.

cc Seun, Fynsetboi. Prodegee, Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wristler:
I'm a big fan of dogs and I'm in serious need of a nice gaurd/Working dog. But the modus operandi of this section of Nairaland is quite untidy to say the least.

It seems this section is majorly for puppy peddling. Like seriously, Lotta people claim to be dog lovers but all that transpires here is dog trading, save for a few that keep diaries and open informative threads. A nigga (breeder) was feeling like a Don, in a bad deal thread and then I realized he had not been seen to be beneficial to this section or to anyone in particular, as one will say of Gazzuzz in Car talk, (and a lot of others in several other sections) to mention a few

Now, to my point, Why don't puppy peddlers who parade themselves as breeders put/include their price tags whenever they open sale threads. It's un-understandable. It allows for shady dealings and scams. It doesn't help newbies in purchasing, as they might not make sensible market survey from this section. It doesn't allow for standardization and quality assurance. A typical example is the Caucasian sherperd issh that occurred of recent. Fixing a price tag would have carried everyone along when the breeder made his advert post. Also, It will make people know about how expensive certain breeders are, compared to others. It will even save buyers the stress and cost of calling different dog peddlers just to get a price range. It makes transaction easier, more open and honest.

This is not what obtains in Auto section. If a car dealer posts a thread abt a brand new (pedigree) Camry 2016 and puts the price at 1 million or a Brand new 1998 Camry and puts the price at 5 million, It's easier for people to judge or sense a scam.
A scan through Auto section will give one an idea of the price of a car, and same things obtain in Phone and Laptop sections.

I hope this works out.. ..Its better if it does.

cc Seun, Fynsetboi. Prodegee, Lalasticlala

I think you should lead the way. One topic a week. One writer, lots of research.

Topics ahead we could start with
- Injections
- Parvo Virus
- Feeding
- Ticks
- etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Wristler: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
@wapadunk.. ...its not a posters showroom thing or anything like what you wrote up there. No need calling me to start shiii. It's open to anybody so inspired. Lotta hommies here into that already. We have some like Prodegee, a typical diary is that of Sphinx on his Mo.

We have certified vet docs here who can do ( contribute positively) what matured guys do in Car talk section..

My point remains.. .. This section can do more than puppy peddling and If you have a dog to sell, put your price range and make the sale open... just like in other sections.

3 Likes

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by DutchNegro(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wristler:
@wapadunk.. ...its not a posters showroom thing or anything like what you wrote up there. No need calling me to start shiii. It's open to anybody so inspired. Lotta hommies here into that already. We have some like Prodegee, a typical diary is that of Sphinx on his Mo.

We have certified vet docs here who can do ( contribute positively) what matured guys do in Car talk section..

My point remains.. .. This section can do more than puppy peddling and If you have a dog to sell, put your price range and make the sale open... just like in other sections.

SECONDED

2 Likes

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by miremoses(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Op,I like your write up.but let's be real here, the fact you are comparing car deals and dog breeding business doesnt make sense to me,dont get me wrong,there are lots of difference in selling dogs and selling cars. Although I'm of the motion that breeders(reputable ones)should tag price on their post when selling a particular dog,but this is NL,if you where here long enough you will know that there was a time breeders do post price,but some crazy people who call their selves buyers,will start discriminating,telling the breeder that the price isn't suitable for such dogs or calling the breeder a thief for posting such amount. In FB,breeders tag price along the dog they are selling. I think a breeder not pasting a price tag here on NL pet section,is the best thing, so that the serious buyers who really need a dog would call and then bargain price on phone.

1 Like

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by mebad(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
I dont understand why i have to burn airtime and saliva to get the price of a pet people want to sell. put the price out there, if it is around buyers budget, they will call to enquire and if not they keep it moving. If price is fixed also include in your post and if negotiable indicate..... simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by olumig(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good post, also I will suggest for every transaction, there should be a return policy in the event of the purchased not meeting the specifics peddled. This is a standard practice of reputable breeders worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by oblo(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
I had earlier raised same issue... undecided
Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by DutchNegro(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
miremoses:
Op,I like your write up.but let's be real here, the fact you are comparing car deals and dog breeding business doesnt make sense to me,dont get me wrong,there are lots of difference in selling dogs and selling cars. Although I'm of the motion that breeders(reputable ones)should tag price on their post when selling a particular dog,but this is NL,if you where here long enough you will know that there was a time breeders do post price,but some crazy people who call their selves buyers,will start discriminating,telling the breeder that the price isn't suitable for such dogs or calling the breeder a thief for posting such amount. In FB,breeders tag price along the dog they are selling. I think a breeder not pasting a price tag here on NL pet section,is the best thing, so that the serious buyers who really need a dog would call and then bargain price on phone.

Very thoughtful of you... But the same people patronising NL are the ones patronizing FB as well! So what makes price tags the odd thing on NL? Let's face it, keeping the prices private makes newbies all the more vulnerable! Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Wristler: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
miremoses:
Bro, I might have been here longer than you think.. ..this is a new moniker tho.
To be honest with you, it's best if price tags are added.

Lemme shock you.. ..I can provide links to threads where assumed buyers were asking for just location of the seller (not even price now) and the seller is yet to respond as I type this... .Such may pass for scams.

BTW, such shady dealings was what killed OLX in Nigeria.

If I understand your response, you submitted that buyers were the ones that forced sellers to stop adding price tag due to their comments.. ..Such Issues are expected. It happens everywhere. I still don't understand how dog trading will defer from Car sales, Phone or Laptop sales or any other sales at that. Dogs come in different breeds just as cars and laptops come in different makes. Dogs have different characteristics and pecks, just as cars and laptops have different specifications. If a dog is worth it's price, everyone will know and agree so.. ..just as it is for cars.

Buying and selling shld be based on "what I have to offer at a price versus How much someone is willing to get it"
If this works out, true breeders will be known and dog collectors/peddlers will also be known.

[size=16pt] Bottom line.. .....If any breeder feels his local dog is worth 1 million naira, let him state his price alongside the dog quality, pedigree claims, pictures, AND other useful information, right there on his thread for everyone to see and decide on. [/size]
Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Wristler: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
DutchNegro:

Very thoughtful of you... But the same people patronising NL are the ones patronizing FB as well! So what makes price tags the odd thing on NL? Let's face it, keeping the prices private makes newbies all the more vulnerable! Thank you
Good point.. ...Thought I was the only one outside the box
Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Wristler: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
mebad:
I dont understand why i have to burn airtime and saliva to get the price of a pet people want to sell. put the price out there, if it is around buyers budget, they will call to enquire and if not they keep it moving. If price is fixed also include in your post and if negotiable indicate..... simple as ABC

Even simpler than ABC sef.....till a reputable and sincere breeder starts such transparent modus operandi here on NL, the numerous peddlers cum scammers won't up their ante.
Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wristler:

[size=16pt] Bottom line.. .....If any breeder feels his local dog is worth 1 million naira, let him state his price alongside the dog quality, pedigree claims, pictures, AND other useful information, right there on his thread for everyone to see and decide on. [/size]

It's good if people comply. The prices on olx gives away the scammers: where you see something of #100 advertised for #1. Well the awoof people still fall prey.

1 Like

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by mebad(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wristler:

Even simpler than ABC sef.....till a reputable and sincere breeder starts such transparent modus operandi here on NL, the numerous peddlers cum scammers won't up their ante.

Am telling you. This breeders turn buying to a covert operation ..... Some dude advertised Parrot for sale some days ago. I really wanted to buy until i read the post and discovered he wants me to call to find out the price. I was pissed at the level of EFRY. We want to buy Pet , not drugs .

1 Like

Re: Need For Change In Pet Section especially Dog breeders by cybriz82(m): 12:46am On Nov 23, 2016
my brother i tired for dem ooo...just 2day sum1 claimin to b a dog breeder ask me to mek sum payment b4 he cn send d dog to me..a caucasian for 40k...n ma like sorry i cnt do dat i av see n feel wz am buyin b4 d payment.he wz like but ab send u d video na...i told him dude i cnt ooo i no wan do wetin bobby n d oda do last tym i checkd nL..dis is naija..d guy just begin dey call me names sayin him too no b fool wey he go send dog wey him never see money..i waz atlis d person bringin d dog over will b here to protecf ur stuff until payment iz done....pls ooo am i wrong? izit payment b4 delivery or payment after delivery which 1 abeg...help me out.

(1) (Reply)

Gsd Affordable Female 30k In Lagos / Do I Go Ahead To Purchase / My Bull Dog Has Eloped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.