Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video (30810 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by naijainfogalery: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2016
Check out the grid lock that was caused along the Lagos Ibadan Express road due to the trailler accident on the route.The said holdup extended between three states , Lagos , Ibadan and Ogun. This is the worst Hold up in the history of Nigeria. The Hold up stretches all the way from Ibadan road down to Ogun State down to to 3rd mainland Bridge all the way towards Victoria island. The holdup extended for good 3 days. Starting from Tuesday 15th November 2016 to Thursday 17th November.

The major cause of the holdup is the construction on the Lagos Ibadan express coupled with the trailler accident that left 3 lives dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2omhEidJDw&t=11s

Source: http://www.naijanani.com/worst-hold-nigeria-history-hits-lagos-ibadan-expressway-caused-tanker-accident/
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by klassykute(m): 11:14am On Nov 19, 2016
were dm dey go

5 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Blue3k(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Lagos need to finish it's rail project and have the goods move on cargo. The city is set to finish it's blue line for rails so that should reduce traffic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2016
I heard an accident took place somewhere around that route... so it's likely to be the cause of this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by naijainfogalery: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2016
It was escalated by the accident on that road, which claimed lives , I hope the government does something fast., See more pictures here http://www.naijanani.com/worst-hold-nigeria-history-hits-lagos-ibadan-expressway-caused-tanker-accident/
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by eezeribe(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2016
OK
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Teniolasmart: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
this noting compared to d traffic Beijing, China: August 2010 which took 12 days

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Useless APC states that can not provide multiple routes embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by TINALETC3(f): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nawaooo shocked, I pray nt 2 witness dis on my way 2 East nxt month, embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Abduletudaye(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
Abi trailer don fall for road again? undecided
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by mrmrmister: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:
Every pics of southwest looks very rejected and dilapidated

Use your brain for once undecided
This thread was based on traffic gridlock
Not one of your stupid tribalistic arguements.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by redcliff: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
This is the worst time to be on land... Damn!!!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Well I just left sango and m in Ilorin no traffic at all

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by elskillful: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
OK

N£XT
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by vizboy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Na wa Oh.

That serious.
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by papadjaji: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
naijainfogalery:
It was escalated by the accident on that road, which claimed lives , I hope the government does something fast., See more pictures here http://www.naijanani.com/worst-hold-nigeria-history-hits-lagos-ibadan-expressway-caused-tanker-accident/

Where is the "more pics"?

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by OsuIbo: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
The traffic was exercebated by the accidents that occured on the road few days ago. That aside, the Lagos - Ibadan Express way is the busiest Road in West Africa. Vehicular movements on that Road are always very heavy particularly during the Yuletide season.

The Lagos-Ibadan Express wat should be constructed to a 10 Lane Super Highway with a fast speed Railway. This will ease incessant traffic and boost socio-economic activities within the Lagos-Ogun-oyo Corridor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by soulpiano23(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:
Every pics of southwest looks very rejected and dilapidated
Trust you are from Dubai. Seun is to be blamed for creating platform like this where pigs and dogs write to the world.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by deolu2000(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
How come the OP is the only one reporting this news? A holdup that long would have caught the attension of the press, secondly how come the pics (your evidences) were taken from just a spot yet you claim that the holdup extended frm 3rd mainland bridge, V.I, ibadan road and even ogun state, my dear your news has elements of exageration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by IYANGBALI: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
no wonder my boys played draw today
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by henrydadon(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
wink
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by codemaniacs: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
naijainfogalery
Ibadan is not a state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by yedidiah(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
na to com down begin trek Na.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by 1x2x3: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
That's why I avoid Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by abbas99(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
I tee u

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by olasmith10(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
one of my colleague waited till 11pm at work thinking the volume of traffic wld v reduced but she got the shocker of her life, the traffic was live and direct, even gala and coke sellers had finished their sales for the day..she got home around 2 am and still had to face d same traffic by 7 am same morning..

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by wizkidblogger(f): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
Na wa ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Train To Nowhere Shows How Not To Build Public Transit - Bloomberg / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / PSP Truck Parked At Thomas B/stop, Ikorodu For Over 5 Days (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.