Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video (30823 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by eitsei(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:
Useless APC states that can not provide multiple routes embarassed
I wonder how some people think undecided.. . Show us the multiple routes in your state angry

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by madjune(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
This problem will never stop.

I think it should become a tourist attraction feature for Lagos state.

Until all those uneducated container truck drivers, mad danfo drivers and churches that hold first Friday services are regulated; nothing will change.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by clems93(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
This will delay a lot of travellers. Something should be done fast, especially as we are in the festive season
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by sladonery: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
Op u mean to tell me that there was no movement within the island and mainland via 3rd mainland bridge for those "good 3 days"?.. Ur lie no b here!
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by omoyowa: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
ayoolanr:

thats because of the overcrowding caused by deplorable immigrants from the southyeast!!!

y is d southeast not dilapidated and rustic like d southwest
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by fkdmods: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
I don't see a problem here. This is normal na. It would be abnormal if it did not happen. Get used to it. Smh.
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Brightology2(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
klassykute:
were dm dey go
apian way
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by nijascammers: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:
Every pics of southwest looks very rejected and dilapidated
spot ipod yoots, with a flat head.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by WIZGUY69(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrmrmister:

Use your brain for once undecided
This thread was based on traffic gridlock
Not one of your stupid tribalistic arguements.

Don't mind him, am very sure the he-goat haven't been to south west before, their ilks wait for internet images to judge the region....

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Bamz(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrmrmister:

Use your brain for once undecided
This thread was based on traffic gridlock
Not one of your stupid tribalistic arguements.

He'll be enjoying his ban shortly.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Blue3k(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Teniolasmart:
this noting compared to d traffic Beijing, China: August 2010 which took 12 days

What's I could walk to my destination faster.
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by king2be(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
hmmmm.. Ekun! MTN.. Why now.. shey cos of dis régime! haha... scammers
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by wristbangle: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:
Every pics of southwest looks very rejected and dilapidated

You deem it fit to extend your stupidity and bigotry nature across all section in Nairaland. Like I said in one of my comments, seems an afonja masquerade in the past has seriously dealt with you in your dreams which is the reason why you have extended such nightmare at daytime.

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
deolu2000:
How come the OP is the only one reporting this news? A holdup that long would have caught the attension of the press, secondly how come the pics (your evidences) were taken from just a spot yet you claim that the holdup extended frm 3rd mainland bridge, V.I, ibadan road and even ogun state, my dear your news has elements of exageration.

It's clear you don't live near Lagos.
It was the worst traffic ever!
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by danemenike: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Contact Engr. Daniel for your building/structural design. We also buy and build houses for clients outside Nigeria
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Cooleasy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
handsomeclouds:
Well I just left sango and m in Ilorin no traffic at all
Maybe you took the old route to Ilorin. The impression I have is that the old route (which passes through Oko) is now largely abandoned otherwise you would still be on the road right now if you took the new route. That hold-up was hell.
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by 4nobody4every1: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:
Hian, you again, what has a traffic gridlock got to do with APC / PDP, oya, where is my EFCC whip, lie down Keneking and receive 5 million strokes of Buhari cane, Oya grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by samijay8(m): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrmrmister:

oh God. SW is not good. no wonder ur people there are even coming to lagos and ibadan to do their fucking work. business, prostitution, robbery. bro i think u need leaving ur village once to visit Lagos one day
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:
Does PDP states have multiple routes?
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by nicemajor(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:
a mumu like this will not know there really several road that u can ply to exit lagos

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by mrmrmister: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=samijay8 post=51176705][/quote]
And what the Bleep was that? undecided
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by directonpc(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
GoogleXp776:
where did you drop ur brain?

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Daboomb: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:

And your more useless PDP Bush Villages that has no single tarred road nko?

Its all Red Mud roads all over the place!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by thexzy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Its not a new thing...We all know that Lagos and traffic are like 5 & 6.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by Ninilowo(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
yedidiah:
na to com down begin trek Na.
Abi
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by emvico(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
klassykute:
were dm dey go
dem dey go back to their village
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by adimsmt: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
naijainfogalery:
Check out the grid lock that was caused along the Lagos Ibadan Express road due to the trailler accident on the route.The said holdup extended between three states , Lagos , Ibadan and Ogun. This is the worst Hold up in the history of Nigeria. The Hold up stretches all the way from Ibadan road down to Ogun State down to to 3rd mainland Bridge all the way towards Victoria island. The holdup extended for good 3 days. Starting from Tuesday 15th November 2016 to Thursday 17th November.

The major cause of the holdup is the construction on the Lagos Ibadan express coupled with the trailler accident that left 3 lives dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2omhEidJDw&t=11s

Source: http://www.naijanani.com/worst-hold-nigeria-history-hits-lagos-ibadan-expressway-caused-tanker-accident/

Our people lack discipline, this incident would have been manged if everyone find it fit to do the right thing which is just maintain the line .
Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by omohayek: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
It's ridiculous that the busiest road in the country should be so narrow and in such a poor state. Not only does this road need several more lanes in each direction, but there should really be functioning railways to take the traffic from heavy trucks off the route - this in turn will reduce the maintenance required to keep the expressway in good condition.

What is most absurd about the lack of a decent rail connection between Lagos and Ibadan is that this was the very first piece of the Nigerian railway network that was built - in 1901! It says something about the failure of Nigeria as a state that a key piece of infrastructure which even predates the country's very existence has been allowed to lapse into almost total decay; worse yet is that it took the British just 3 years to build the whole Lagos-Ibadan stretch from scratch, yet successive Nigerian governments have proven incapable of doing the necessary maintenance in their 4-year terms. Incompetence, thy name is Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by perfectgen(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
deolu2000:
How come the OP is the only one reporting this news? A holdup that long would have caught the attension of the press, secondly how come the pics (your evidences) were taken from just a spot yet you claim that the holdup extended frm 3rd mainland bridge, V.I, ibadan road and even ogun state, my dear your news has elements of exageration.

Op is correct, I witnessed the traffic firsthand and I can tell you it isn't something I pray to witness again; we had to take the ikorodu-sagamu link road after getting tired of the traffic only for us to join it back at Mowe on our way back in the evening; at this time, it has extended to Berger, Alausa Secretariat, Ojota-maryland and third mainland bridge; it was a total standstill so we opted to park in a filling station and walk to where we could take a bus home.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video by MrMcJay(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keneking:

E no go better for the person wey hide your medicine.

These roads you are seeing are better than ALL roads in your PDP governed region. I have been to all the SE states (except Ebonyi) and I am not speaking from an abundance of Ignorance as you are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line, Promises Delivery By Year End (Photos) / Passengers Stranded After Bus Conductor Runs Away With Money (video) / Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.