Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,584 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Lets Talk About Ngige - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Talk About Ngige (2631 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2009
texazzpete:

Funny how you don't see the irony in your words. You have no intention of letting Ngige govern Anambra state ever again, yet you are perfectly happy to vote in the same PDP that has been at the centre of every crisis that has rocked PDP since 2001?

And in your opinion, voting in Soludo is the right 'consequence' for his inaction during the rot in the banking sector?

Like I said in my earlier post. PDP is not the problem with Anambra State, Chris Uba is! And now he's no more there!

It wasnt the party that asked him to throw his values away to swear in a shrine! It shows he was deperate and that my friend isnt good enough for me.

Besides if we are willing to let him get away with it, then what's the problem with Soludo? Soludo could as well be going 'under-cover' for all we know. But at least I can say something for him, the man has the vision. I've read his articules and write ups about his candidacy and I've fallen for that! I could be wrong, but if he will be given the chance Ngige was given, I dont think he's build just roads!  undecided

Funny how people ignore your victories and focus on you failures. That how people see Soludo and the bank rot thing . . a failure! Well I know it appears that way but it's not. The man was handling that with discretion. Before you question that, ask Sanusi why he's causing unnecessary panic in he banking sector!
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by texazzpete(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
Ujujoan:

Like I said in my earlier post. PDP is not the problem with Anambra State, Chris Uba is! And now he's no more there!

It wasnt the party that asked him to throw his values away to swear in a shrine! It shows he was deperate and that my friend isnt good enough for me.

PDP IS the problem with Anambra state. What was the party in charge during the Anambra crisis? Which Party supported Chris Uba in his machinations? Was it not the PDP? What party rewarded Chris Uba with a BOT position?
What party sponsored and endorsed the impeachment of Peter Obi for spurious reasons, opening the state to Etiaba's misrule? What Party did Uba act for during the election rigging saga?
Chris Uba may no longer be there (reports of his departure are yet unconfirmed), but the pantheon of crooks remain, including such arch rogues like Anenih (who ironically has been seen staunchly supporting Soludo)

Tell me, what good thing has Anenih ever done for the nation?
At least Obama had the sense to dissociate himself from his controversial pastor. Soludo still remains content to hobnob with these high profile crooks.

Ujujoan:

Besides if we are willing to let him get away with it, then what's the problem with Soludo? Soludo could as well be going 'under-cover' for all we know. But at least I can say something for him, the man has the vision. I've read his articules and write ups about his candidacy and I've fallen for that! I could be wrong, but if he will be given the chance Ngige was given, I dont think he's build just roads! undecided

Wrong. And there's the problem. NEVER fall for just articles and write-ups. Hasn't history showed you the folly of believing in Politicians' promises? All the fancy speeches from Obama will not have won him the election if Americans didn't believe that the Republican Party was leadng the US astray. Even here where the PDP has derailed the state, you still want to go back to that merely on the strength of words?

Ujujoan:

Funny how people ignore your victories and focus on you failures.

And it makes it any better how you're focusing on victories only and ignoring all his failures? Especially as his failures are all the more recent?

Ujujoan:

Well I know it appears that way but it's not. The man was handling that with discretion. Before you question that, ask Sanusi why he's causing unnecessary panic in he banking sector!

Soludo wasn't handling anything, period! Ask how many debt recovery measures were put in place between late 2008 and when he handed over to Sanusi? Unnecessary panic? Hah! Why did soludo stand aside while unnecessary and unethical banking practices were being carried out?
If you criticise Sanusi for going after flies with a sledgehammer, what about the person (soludo) who did nothing at all?
I'd rather a Doctor that gave me chloroquine for my malaria (even though it itched me hellishly at night) than another doctor that did not even administer panadol at all. grin
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by ofala(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
This is really strange. If Mr.Ngige is really a medical doctor and decended to the level he did with Chris Uba [ a bus stop tout] just because he wanted to be gorvenor, ANY RIGHT THINK PERSON WILL QUESTION NGIGE'S CHARACTER AND UPRIGHTNESS. If it is in another clan, Ngige is politically finished!
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by McKren(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
The sad story of Anambra state is that the actors in the then PDP who destroyed the state can by merely joining alternative parties become born again politicians who should be given a chance while people continue holding PDP responsible.

The major actors in the crisis that rocked Anambra State started with Mbadinuju, as we speak Mbadinuju is now a member of AD. Then we had Chris Ngige who is now in AC, then there is Chris Uba who is on his way to PPA and then you have Andy Uba who is more or less a lone actor. Yet people still continue to take their eyes off the ball to blame the PDP.

The reason Nigeria's political misfortune will continue is Nigerians refuse to think strategically. PDP will continue to be relevant in every state politics in Nigeria because they are the ruling party. If Soludo is humiliated in Anambra polls come February 2010 the only victor from that result will be Chris Uba. The message to the ruling party will be if you shun me or shun motor park politics you loose. Meanwhile Peter Obi or Ngige will win the office without any real power because the fact that a PDP dominated State House of Assembly will continue to leave either Ngige or Obi weak and meaning that Chris Uba continues to remain relevant.

with the look of things, Chris Uba looks like he is headed for a roadblock. We can either checkmate him by enthroning a new emerging force within PDP in Anambra which by all accounts is more civilised and can control the Uba brothers or we can continue running in circles by attempting to reject a party for the sake of it when there is actually no alternative choice based on the universal principles of multi-party politics and ethics.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by McKren(m): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
I honestly think any of the three will be better than what Chris Uba has to cook or Andy Uba himself.

I also thank God for Chris Ngige and praise his courage to come to the realisation that his dance with Chris Uba was on the wrong part of history and the effort he made to correct his mistakes.

However I honestly believe that in any civilised society people will continue to question his judgement as to why he allowed himself to be used that much by his fellow man and that has direct impact on his leadership qualities. I think Chris Ngige is a fine man but I question his leadership and judgement.

I also encourage Anambra people to ignore the argument about Soludo being an imposition. Given that there was an existent court order preventing the PDP congress from taking place before the INEC deadline to submit a candidate. Those who went to obtain that court order can not turn around to call Soludo an imposition when the PDP NWC was left with no choice thn to only use other options of selecting a candidate or risk not fielding one at all in february 2010. I think Soludo was duly selected by the PDP, if the people of Anambra think Soludo is not suitable for the job then so be it. However his selection was within PDP constitution.

I am also worried about Arewa now declaring Chris Uba a democrat and rising in a cominique to suggest Chris Uba's attempt to enforce democracy when it is he Chris Uba who has been the source of confusion. I am also worried about President Yar'adua attempt to prevent the ecclipse of Uba from the PDP by stalling the inuaguration of the new PDP caretaker committee. President Yar'adua always seem to act quicker on his rule of law when the the interests of his corrupt friends are threatened. It seems to be some will rather like charlattans to dictate the play in the South East. I think Igbos must rise up this time and reject this.

Finally I also think Peter Obi is alright.All in all let the Anambra people decide between these three fine men Obi, Ngige, Soludo.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2009
adigun101:

@mikeansy
For all your attacks on Ngige even in the face of his high popularity and high acceptance among the people of Anambra, I have only one thing to tell you:
There is a certain verse in the Bible which states. "The voice of the people is the voice of God !"
Take note.

I am not sure where you got your high popularity statistics from. Ngige has only contested in one election in the history of Anambra state politics. In that particular election he had to collude with gansters to steal the people's vote. he went as low as bowing to a lower God at a voodoo shrine to become Governor. So if Ngige was very popular why did he have to do all this to win an election. Right now the only statistics that maters is the one in February 2010. However before then we have to scrutinize all those who have made themselves available.

And I think exploring Ngige's past activities is fair game.

Talking about popularity, Chris Uba is also popular but what matters is what you are popular for. And Ngige will remain that ex-Governor who was kidnapped while in office, who could not protect the security of lives and properties of Anambra people because he is held hostage by a past which he chose for himself including colludiong with Uba to rig the people's vote.
Does Anambra want to replay those days, well this is an experience no sane person should wish any state.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by adigun101: 1:18am On Nov 12, 2009
mikeansy:

I am not sure where you got your high popularity statistics from. Ngige has only contested in one election in the history of Anambra state politics. In that particular election he had to collude with gansters to steal the people's vote. he went as low as bowing to a lower God at a voodoo shrine to become Governor. So if Ngige was very popular why did he have to do all this to win an election. Right now the only statistics that maters is the one in February 2010.  However before then we have to scrutinize all those who have made themselves available.

And I think exploring Ngige's past activities is fair game.

Talking about popularity, Chris Uba is also popular but what matters is what you are popular for. And Ngige will remain that ex-Governor who was kidnapped while in office, who could not protect the security of lives and properties of Anambra people because he is held hostage by a past which he chose for himself including colludiong with Uba to rig the people's vote.
Does Anambra want to replay those days, well this is an experience no sane person should wish any state.
Ngige is popular while Uba is notorious.(There is a difference my dear ! undecided)
Ngige became popular after his three years as governor and remains so till date due to his works as governor or did he use Okija to gain popularity?.
Why is your man Obi not as popular?
Do you know how many times Ngige has overshadowed Obi at various Ocassions even though Obi is a sitting governor. There was a poll here on Naira land and Ngige was way ahead. Go and talk to people in the state.
You beter giving up trying to damage the mans reputation. He is presently the most popular and well liked politician in the state. You even feel so threatened as an Obi campaigner that you had to open a thread to try and tarnish his image. The guy is not a sitting office holder, he is not backed by Aso rock, Not a PDP member but he still scares the shit out of people like you and Obi.
Men, I am finished with you. wait till next year elections but before then tell your story to the dogs.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2009
you have not addressed a simple issue
surely the opinnion of your friends is not conclusive enough to determine who is more popular.

Obi and Ngige stood for election Obi won, Ngige stole the victory which the courts reclaimed from him. Since then there has been no other election in Anambra so don't really get where you got your popularity argument from.

The next election is in 2010. So are you suggesting that we should not ask the right questions about the candidates just because you think they are popular?

This is why I say sometimes that even those in opposition are more dictatorial compared to those in power.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by adigun101: 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
mikeansy:

you have not addressed a simple issue
surely the opinnion of your friends is not conclusive enough to determine who is more popular.

Obi and Ngige stood for election Obi won, Ngige stole the victory which the courts reclaimed from him. Since then there has been no other election in Anambra so don't really get where you got your popularity argument from.

The next election is in 2010. So are you suggesting that we should not ask the right questions about the candidates just because you think they are popular?

This is why I say sometimes that even those in opposition are more dictatorial compared to those in power.
I can see you are running out of manupulative space grin and sounding more desperate to drive a dead point.
If you read my previous post, I made no mention of Ngige being popular because of my friends. Men there was a poll here on NL. There are also of various occasional newspaper reports to that effect.
No one is talking about 2003. This is 2009 .They have both served as governor and Ngige is more popular and Obi is now clearly less popular NOW! and the election is NOW!
My point is why should you higher priority to scrutinize someone contending for an office ahead of the person in office. the least you should have done is let the electorate decide.
Instead of trying to engage in character assassination you should concentrate in promoting you favorite Obi.
Why is there no thread dedicated to Soludo(former CBN governor) or Obi (the present governor) why Ngige .
Like Obi you feel threatened.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by prettyG: 12:56am On Nov 13, 2009
noblezone:

Let us put some records straight>

1. Ngige did not steal the mandate, but was a beneficiary to a stolen mandate. Ngige did not have the might to steal the mandate, rather the mandate was stolen by the Ubasanjo mafia with the INEC as the executioner. Then they handed the mandate to the Ngige who simply used the mandate to work for Anambra people. Furthermore, I dont know where this writer came from, but the Supreme Court as he quoted had nothing whatsoever to do with that case. The case stopped at the Apeal Court.

2. If Ngige did not go to that shrine, he would never had become governor. The Ubasanjo would had put in their kind who will do their bidding. APGA's case at the tribunal would had been thrown out and Obi would never had become governor. And Anambra would not had made any progress. When he used the mandate to restore some dignity to our state, we had come to trust him.

3. Ngige did not give Uba any Ireevocable Standing Order of payment, rather Ngige stoped the one given to Uba by Mbadiniju imidiately he (Ngige) came to power. It was among the things Ngige did to become a "bad guy" in the PDP camp.

Ngige doing Ubas bidding? If he was doing his bidding, why was Uba angry with him? On the contrary, Ngige upon becoming governor, refused to do any of Uba's biddings and that was the cause of the whole trouble.

4. I am suprised at the above comments; it is either the writer is commpletely ignorant of the facts or is simply being misshievious. I could remember that Ngige's input in education resulted incase where UniZik was the only University in Nigeria that had all her courses acredited by the NUC (as at then). Yet, before Ngige, Ananmbra had no feel of government.

Finally, Ngige had nothing to loose if he did the biddings of the Ubasanjo, today he would had been among the Iboris, the Odilis, and their likes. That guy is a hero in Anambra State for he wresttled the state out of the hands of our enemies both internal and external.

Oga sir, Chris Uba was not Mbadinuju's godfather it was Emeka Offor. All of these people that come online to defend criminals sef na wa for una. Ngige only began to 'work' for Anambra people when he was left naked and was hoping to find locus standi with which to win an election.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
a poll where becomerich can vote 5 times if he likes and anyone who cares can set up 10 accounts and vote 10 times if the like.

Ngige stood for just one election in anambra and had to steal votes. You still have not told me where you got your statistics from.

The only poll that maters is the people's vote iin 2010. before then let Ngige be questioned on his past.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by adigun101: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2009
mikeansy:

a poll where becomerich can vote 5 times if he likes and anyone who cares can set up 10 accounts and vote 10 times if the like.

Ngige stood for just one election in anambra and had to steal votes. You still have not told me where you got your statistics from.

The only poll that maters is the people's vote iin 2010. before then let Ngige be questioned on his past.
And let Obi be questioned on his present. My friend wait till 2010. If Obi is more popular he will win again, this time no godfathers involved Ngige will even be at a disadvantage as Obi is an incumbent. What is making you uncomfortable with the guy ? Are you saying he doesn't have the right to run for office ?
As for the nairaland poll why will people will want to cheat for Ngige and not Soludo or Obi ? Even though Obi has die hard supporters like you who have deicated a whole thread to campaign for him. undecided
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by bassino: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2009
Ngige once stole the mandate of Ndi Anambra. Ngige should not be addressed as a former governor. The supreme court held that he stole someone’s mandate and therefore his election was declared null and void. If you can call someone that stole a pen a thief, what of one that stole the people’s mandate(the people he now claims to love)? NGIGE IS A THIEF. This is one. - mikeansy

Hey Mikeansy, i have gone through all your reactions to comments on the arguement you started. I dare say you began this to have fun because at every turn you fumble round the topic.

The 2010 election in Anambra state is not a comedy. The court of appeal by its ruling on november 13 has given anambra people an opportunity to redeem themselves and their state.

anambra, is nigeria's most promising state which has shown what human resources could do. and anambra people have made up their mind that the man to manage this quantum of human resources is DR CHRIS NGIGE.

Dr Ngige is not a career politician like your friend chris uba, he retired as a civil servant, as an assistant director in the federal ministry before venturing in to politics. he wanted to start as a senator but was drafted to be governor.

on getting to power he showed anambra people for the first time how GOVERNMENT could touch peoples lives- security,, roads, power, law and order are the best gifts any government can give anambra people. give them that and they will turn anambra into another japan. that is what Dr Ngige set out to do, WHICH IS WHY ANAMBRA PEOPLE ARE RETURNING HIM AGAIN IN 2010

you talk about how he came to power. i dont want to insult your sensibilities, but even a baby knows that POWER does not come on a platter. Go through history bro, what is significant is what you do with POWER, not how you get it. Babaginda, abacha, obasanjo - they got into power they method you cherish, but what did they do with it
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2009
bassino:

Ngige once stole the mandate of Ndi Anambra. Ngige should not be addressed as a former governor. The supreme court held that he stole someone’s mandate and therefore his election was declared null and void. If you can call someone that stole a pen a thief, what of one that stole the people’s mandate(the people he now claims to love)? NGIGE IS A THIEF. This is one. - mikeansy

Hey Mikeansy, i have gone through all your reactions to comments on the arguement you started. I dare say you began this to have fun because at every turn you fumble round the topic.
The 2010 election in Anambra state is not a comedy. The court of appeal by its ruling on november 13 has given anambra people an opportunity to redeem themselves and their state.

anambra, is nigeria's most promising state which has shown what human resources could do. and anambra people have made up their mind that the man to manage this quantum of human resources is DR CHRIS NGIGE.

Dr Ngige is not a career politician like your friend chris uba, he retired as a civil servant, as an assistant director in the federal ministry before venturing in to politics. he wanted to start as a senator but was drafted to be governor.

on getting to power he showed anambra people for the first time how GOVERNMENT could touch peoples lives- security,, roads, power, law and order are the best gifts any government can give anambra people. give them that and they will turn anambra into another japan. that is what Dr Ngige set out to do, WHICH IS WHY ANAMBRA PEOPLE ARE RETURNING HIM AGAIN IN 2010

you talk about how he came to power. i dont want to insult your sensibilities, but even a baby knows that POWER does not come on a platter. Go through history bro, what is significant is what you do with POWER, not how you get it. Babaginda, abacha, obasanjo - they got into power they method you cherish, but what did they do with it

when someone accuse you of fumbling around the topic you hope they will come up with something credible. But unfortunately you went ahead to do exactly what you accused me of.
Whats the point having an election if its ok for Chris Ngige and his gangs to steal votes? then you reach out to history to justify your claim and all you have to mention is Babangida, Abacha . . . . . . well that is the very kind of history we are seeking to change and if that is where you can only reach to justify Chris Ngige's records then unfortunately the man has no business in a democracy.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by adigun101: 2:01am On Nov 17, 2009
mikeansy:

when someone accuse you of fumbling around the topic you hope they will come up with something credible. But unfortunately you went ahead to do exactly what you accused me of.
Whats the point having an election if its ok for Chris Ngige and his gangs to steal votes? then you reach out to history to justify your claim and all you have to mention is Babangida, Abacha . . . . . . well that is the very kind of history we are seeking to change and if that is where you can only reach to justify Chris Ngige's records then unfortunately the man has no business in a democracy.
Ngige is the devil people love. He committed untold atrocities against/with the Ubas but did his people good, with no accusation of coruption. For now lets call him Robin Hood.
Obi is the saint people don't like. Because he did nothing. The saint whose aide was caught with 250 MILLION CASH! and came up with flimsy stories. If not because of immunity he and his aide would have been cooling off in jail by now.
Soludo is seen as good/evil. Accused of all sorts of corruption but with no proof to that effect, he has no immunity but still haven't been prosecuted. Decided to dine with cabals Ngige refused to rejoin.

This is my summary of these three individuals. I will not try to convince anybody. The three have been tested and its up to the voters to register their score come next year.
Exit polls on NairaLand (which I must point out does not necessarily reflect the final result) and with +- 3% error shows that Ngige is the prefered choice.
Obi came a distant second.
And soludo follows closely as third.

None of the three is a saint as a matter of fact no politician can ever be a saint. You just have to pick the best of the offerings.
It depends on your choice.
None of you can influence people. I dont trust politicians but at the end of the day someone has to be governor.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by SUNNIYKE4(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
Jona, tnx 4 ur cmment.means that some must ve come from ur locality.
Re: Lets Talk About Ngige by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
The saddest thing about this all is that with all this man has done people still act so ignorant and still shout vote Ngige come 2013, its really sad, I must say. I just want to believe they are campaigning and not real supporters. Still if they are just campaigners it is still sad to see them act with no conscience.
May God save us all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Decamps To Pdp / I Want To Marry Kobjunkie / Nvdd Slams Acn Over Inciting Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.