Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,658 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? (1401 Views)

How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / My Husband Is Torturing Me Emotionally / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
I have been experiencing this for a while now, once I become extremely close to some person I become too emotionally attached to them, I have tried my best to stop this but its very difficult for me. The worst is when those people stop talking to me for a while I always feel empty and down. how do I control this? am a guy of few friends and I dont keep a long list of friends at a time. please nairalander help I really want to learn how to control myself

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
lalasticlala, seun please move it to fp
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by greatnaija01: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
YOU MAY NOT BE EVEN EMOTIONALLY STRONG TO DO WHAT IT TAKE TO BE EMOTIONALLY STRONG... SO GET A BESTIE TO HELP YOU APPLY THESE TIPS: else Forget emotional freedom. HERE THEY ARE

[b]
1. FIND A PLACE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE WHERE YOU CAN HAVE FOOD, SHELTER , BOOKS, TV,DVD, LAPTOP BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

2. GIVE OUT YOUR SIM CARDS N WIPE CLEAN YOUR FONE OF CONTACTS AND MSGS

3. ENSURE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED LEADERSHIP APPS FROM APPSTORE ON YOUR MOBILE AND VIDEOS OF SELF-MASTERY or SELF IMPROVEMENT ON YOUR LAPTOP

4. LEAVE TO THIS YOUR CHOSEN LOCATION WITHOUT INFORMING ANYONE ASIDES YOUR CLOSEST FRIEND AND HE/SHE IS NOT TO INFORM OTHERS OR TRY TO CONTACT YOU FOR AT LEAST 21 DAYS.

5. BREAK THE 21 DAYS INTO 3 DAYS EACH FOR TASKS ON THIS MISSION OF SELF INDEPENDENCE AND STUDY BOOKS AND WATCH THE VIDEOS THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED ALONG THOSE LINES.

6. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN KINDLY STUDY THE BOOK OF PROVERBS VERY SLOWLY AND THOUGHTFULLY FOR 21 DAYS, ONE CHAPTER A DAY.

7. WRITE DOWN ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, DISCOVERIES AND DECISIONS AND WITH YOUR MOUTH RECITE THEM OFTEN.

REPEAT THESE STEPS DAILY AND AFTER 6 DAYS YOU WILL SEE HOW FREE AND LIBERATED YOU WILL ACTUALY BE MENTALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY.

[/b]

kingcity:
I have been experiencing this for a while now, once I become extremely close to some person I become too emotionally attached to them, I have tried my best to stop this but its very difficult for me. The worst is when those people stop talking to me for a while I always feel empty and down. how do I control this? am a guy of few friends and I dont keep a long list of friends at a time. please nairalander help I really want to learn how to control myself

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
Suffering from the same problem

But mine only occurs with women

I am very mindful of who i date or share an emotional connection with

Trick i use is to avoid the person, Block the person everywhere and just let go.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Twaci(f): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
Make more friends...

And focus your energy on other things asides friends.

I was once like this but I learned the hard way and had to stop, almost became a loner.

Just tell yourself, "No one is irreplaceable."

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by dangotesmummy: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
In any type of relationship

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by haywire07(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
A bottle of beer will clear all ur craze

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
greatnaija01:
YOU MAY NOT BE EVEN EMOTIONALLY STRONG TO DO WHAT IT TAKE TO BE EMOTIONALLY STRONG... SO GET A BESTIE TO HELP YOU APPLY THESE TIPS: else Forget emotional freedom. HERE THEY ARE

[b]
1. FIND A PLACE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE WHERE YOU CAN HAVE FOOD, SHELTER , BOOKS, TV,DVD, LAPTOP BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

2. GIVE OUT YOUR SIM CARDS N WIPE CLEAN YOUR FONE OF CONTACTS AND MSGS

3. ENSURE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED LEADERSHIP APPS FROM APPSTORE ON YOUR MOBILE AND VIDEOS OF SELF-MASTERY or SELF IMPROVEMENT ON YOUR LAPTOP

4. LEAVE TO THIS YOUR CHOSEN LOCATION WITHOUT INFORMING ANYONE ASIDES YOUR CLOSEST FRIEND AND HE/SHE IS NOT TO INFORM OTHERS OR TRY TO CONTACT YOU FOR AT LEAST 21 DAYS.

5. BREAK THE 21 DAYS INTO 3 DAYS EACH FOR TASKS ON THIS MISSION OF SELF INDEPENDENCE AND STUDY BOOKS AND WATCH THE VIDEOS THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED ALONG THOSE LINES.

6. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN KINDLY STUDY THE BOOK OF PROVERBS VERY SLOWLY AND THOUGHTFULLY FOR 21 DAYS, ONE CHAPTER A DAY.

7. WRITE DOWN ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, DISCOVERIES AND DECISIONS AND WITH YOUR MOUTH RECITE THEM OFTEN.

REPEAT THESE STEPS DAILY AND AFTER 6 DAYS YOU WILL SEE HOW FREE AND LIBERATED YOU WILL ACTUALY BE MENTALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY.

[/b]

thanks, I would have loved to try this but am a student and its impossible to isloate myself for 21days
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
kingcity:

1 solution: Get more friends, reach out to more people, in church, gathering, even night clubs. You will be amazed the connections and friends u can make in diff circles.

Its just like going from a simple guy with few friends and then u become a celeb, you will almost forget about your old life, and the people u used to worry about are no longer a priority.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Twaci:
Make more friends...

I was once like this but I learned the hard way and had to stop, almost became a loner.

thanks, I would take the bolded more serious

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
truthsayer007:

1 solution: Get more friends, reach out to more people, in church, gathering, even night clubs. You will be amazed the connections and friends u can make in diff circles.

Its just like going from a simple guy with few friends and then u become a celeb, you will almost forget about your old life, and the people u used to worry about are no longer a priority.
thanks I really appreciate
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
bbmpin:

Trick i use is to avoid the person, Block the person everywhere and just let go.
thanks
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by greatnaija01: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
lols ITS TOO POSSIBLE BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER...... YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE TO DO IT.... I DID IT WHILE I WAS IN UNIBEN... SO I KNOW IT IS TOO POSSIBLE.

BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAIT TILL YOU ARE MUCH OLDER AND HAVE SPENT A GOOD DEAL ON THERAPY AND IN SPIRITUAL HOMES... YOU DO OT KNOW HOW BAD IT GETS...

well its your life.

kingcity:
thanks, I would have loved to try this but am a student and its impossible to isloate myself for 21days
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by grevotech(m): 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
OP I understand you perfectly well cause am like that.
Firstly, it seems like you can't help it. And blocking and avoiding that person/persons doesn't help cause you'd get hurt after sometime.
Secondly, You'd find it hard to make friends naturally i.e every of your friend is tied to your emotions.

What worked for me might not work for you but it's worth a trial. What i did was this;
When i start getting emotionally attached with you, i'd tell the person 'bout it (this depends on the maturity of the person cause some will use it to their advantage).
Second thing i did like someone said is to get a "best friend". Now once u get to meet someone and ur emotions sets in, talk to the person 'bout ur bestie (except u have other plans thats more that friendship). Why? Cause if the person knows u have a bestie and u know the person knows, your emotions would fail you. From time to time when u feel emotional, take a walk with a close friend. Talk 'bout it.
The major problem of this is that it makes your Jealous and it always doesn't last...
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
-

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by randomShek: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keep yourself distracted and have fun being you
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
grevotech:
OP I understand you perfectly well cause am like that.
Firstly, it seems like you can't help it. And blocking and avoiding that person/persons doesn't help cause you'd get hurt after sometime.
Secondly, You'd find it hard to make friends naturally i.e every of your friend is tied to your emotions.

What worked for me might not work for you but it's worth a trial. What i did was this;
When i start getting emotionally attached with you, i'd tell the person 'bout it (this depends on the maturity of the person cause some will use it to their advantage).
Second thing i did like someone said is to get a "best friend". Now once u get to meet someone and ur emotions sets in, talk to the person 'bout ur bestie (except u have other plans thats more that friendship). Why? Cause if the person knows u have a bestie and u know the person knows, your emotions would fail you. From time to time when u feel emotional, take a walk with a close friend. Talk 'bout it.
The major problem of this is that it makes your Jealous and it always doesn't last...
thanks, the best friend should be from the opposite sex?
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yieldings:
You're emotionally-attached to people because you're not whole within yourself. You've to love yourself and be your own best friend, first and foremost. Build yourself up mentally: exercise, immerse yourself in your skills and hobbies or gain some if you have none, focus on your dreams and goals, become spiritual.
thanks, even though u sound a bit harsh after my read...but I actually get your point...I appreciate
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Viking007(m): 5:02am On Nov 20, 2016
bbmpin:

Funny, but we've got the same issue & I do the exact thing You do. Block & delete every link.

I think its just one of the side effects of being an introvert.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Viking007(m): 5:10am On Nov 20, 2016
Twaci:
Make more friends...

@bolded...touché. kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by grevotech(m): 5:29am On Nov 20, 2016
kingcity:
thanks, the best friend should be from the opposite sex?
mine was Yes. Depends on you bro
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 20, 2016
kingcity:

The problem is you have too many friends.

Keep the few ones who are good to you and drop the rest.
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Exponental(m): 6:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Get busy..... Keep your mind occupied.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Godmother(f): 6:30am On Nov 20, 2016
Build yourup up from the inside, that way you will get emotionally attached to be, but not too emotionally attached to the point of feeling empty at their absence. The emptiness you feel could be coming from something you lack on the inside.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Richy4(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
See bro it is a good thing...Assuming Nigeria have a charity organization that helps the elderly, you would have channel all those goodness to that area..Do not change who u are....., what you gonna do with that attitude of us will come handy one day and it will pay off for you in a positive way...there are so many heartless and I don't care people that infested the world this days, and I do not think you should join the statistics.....

I wish you were studying something related to paramedic, or you can even work in suicide hotline if it is in Nigeria....or even become a good cops...but the bad eggs in police and the curses given to them might affect you....Do not go there..
Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by baby124: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Be emotional with people that are worth it. Take time to know them and find out if they are in your life for the right reasons before becoming emotionally invested.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
thanks to everyone who have contributed I do appreciate...but one question..I do hear people, say define your relationship wth others..what does it mean to define your relationship?

(1) (Reply)

Win The War Against Sickle Cell With Dioscovite Supplement . / How To Get Good Hip Shape And Look Sexy Ladies Grab It. / My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.