Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday (8521 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Mpanyi: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
#Proudly Catholic tho my Fiancee wants us to Wed in Methodist wink cheesy But Her Wish is My Command wink

Christ The King.......

Your biz
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NurEmperor(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I cannot close my mouth and refuse to say the truth.

The Catholic church has substituted the commandments of men for those of GOD; the same thing Jesus strongly condemned in Matt. 15:9.

Yes I agree that the Catholic church is the mother church. It is the Mother of Harlots of Rev. 17:5.

"Come out of her, my people..."
I hope you know the punishment for blasphemy.
Trade with caution

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NurEmperor(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2016
Pastafarian:
hmmm

I tire for them o!

Jesus (a Jew) came to save me (Nigerian)
and he died for me?

Na, he died for his mistakes and joblessness.
A 30 year old man who walked into weddings and turned water to wine.. If na them, them go drink?

A 30 year old man who walked around with 12 men, just making noise up and dan the village, even spoiling market one day?

Im village people tire for the matter, carry the guy man hang for cross, them say na my sins im die for? Laff wan kill me

Take a look at a map. we're in a small country off the coast of West Africa. They should try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between us and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that they'd journey through if they were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for their sins? I pity them

They have an African body but a foreign mind. Their God resides in Israel, likes Mount Horeb and they fervently wait and hope for a new Jerusalem.

Are they African in skin or thought? The Bible they believe in wasn't written by them, for them or to them. If it were, romans 2:9 would be igbo 2:9, 1 Corinthians would be 1 Yoruba...

their mind has been so polluted that they see the crucifixion of a mere carpenter in the cross as salvation for their misdemeanors. The one who proudly professes to be a Gentile, who denies their own history and people so he may suck at the bosom of Abraham?.

shame!!!
I hope you know the punishment for blasphemy.
Trade with caution

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2016
Mpanyi:

Your biz

Lol don't mention me just move ahead wink
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2016
NFCS;:::::::WHO CARES?

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by DoctorAlien(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2016
NurEmperor:
I hope you know the punishment for blasphemy. Trade with caution
blasphemy against who?
Saying the truth is not blasphemy.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Mpanyi: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol don't mention me just move ahead wink
LOL. pls no mind me.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Amhappy(f): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2016
I worship you my KING. CHRIST is the KING of the universe.

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Ivanlxi(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2016
Jesus the KING OF KINGS

JESUS IGWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by paradigmshift(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2016
every Sunday with Christian topics, when una go start Muslim o...or Muslim no get topic lol
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Ignyte(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
What is solemn about the Sunday and who commanded you to observe it?

Certainly not Jesus Christ.

If you're not Catholic ignore the post... whatever church u attend, is an outlet of the universal church like it or not...

4 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by smart024(m): 8:55am On Nov 20, 2016
The following reflection is courtesy of Don Schwager (c) 2016, whose website is located at www.dailyscripture.net

Meditation:  Do you recognize that the Lord Jesus has been given all authority and power by his Father in heaven to reign over all creation - including the heavens and the earth? Jesus was crucified for his claim to be the Anointed King sent by the Father in heaven (John 18:37 and Luke 23:38) to establish his kingdom not only for his people Israel, but for all nations and peoples as well (Daniel 7:13-14; Matthew 24:30 and Matthew 26:63-64).

God is King and Ruler over all
What is the significance and meaning of Jesus' kingship for us? Kingship today seems outdated and useless, especially in democratic societies where everyone is supposed to be treated equal and free. Many rulers in past ages claimed they had sovereign authority to rule by divine edict. But God did not give his people Israel a king at first. Why? Because God alone was their King and they needed no other. Nonetheless, God relented and chose David as King over Israel with the promise that God would raise up through David's royal line a Savior who would establish an everlasting kingdom of righteousness and peace that would endure for all ages (Psalm 89:29).

The Jews understood that the Messiah ("Anointed One"wink would come as God's anointed King to restore paradise and establish God's reign of peace for them. They wanted a Messianic King who would free them from strife and division and from foreign oppression. Many had high hopes that Jesus would be the Messiah and Ruler for Israel. Little did they understand what kind of kingship Jesus claimed to possess.

Jesus' claim to kingship
Jesus came to deliver his people, and the whole world, from the worst kind of tyranny possible - from bondage to sin, guilt and condemnation, and from the wages of sin which is death (Romans 6:23) and separation from an all-merciful and just Father who gave us his son to set us free and to adopt us as his beloved sons and daughters. Jesus came to conquer hearts and souls for an imperishable kingdom - a kingdom ruled not by force or fear - but by the power of God's righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17).

When Satan tempted Jesus during his forty day fast in the wilderness, he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world (Matthew 4:8-9). Jesus knew that the world was in Satan's power. And this was precisely why Jesus came - to overthrow Satan's power and deception over the earth. Jesus knew that the way to victory was through submission to his Father's will and plan to lay down his life for us and reverse the curse of sin and death for us. The Father sent his only begotten Son into the world, not to condemn it, but to save it through the atoning sacrifice which Jesus would make for us through the shedding of his blood on the cross of Calvary.

Jesus came to restore Paradise for us - everlasting life with God
As Jesus was crucified on the cross alongside two criminals who were thieves, one mocked him for his claim to divine kingship. But the other thief recognized through the eyes of faith that Jesus was truly God's Anointed King and Savior. He petitioned Jesus to treat his poor soul with mercy and pardon, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom" (Luke 23:42). Jesus not only granted him forgiveness, but a place with him in his everlasting kingdom. "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Jesus died not only as King of the Jews, but as King of all nations and Lord of the universe. His victory over the power of sin, Satan, and the world was accomplished through his atoning death on the cross and his resurrection on the third day. Jesus exchanged a throne of glory for a cross of shame to restore us from slavery to sin to glory with God as his adopted sons and daughters. That is why the Father exalted his Son and raised him in glory over the heavens and the earth. In the Book of Revelation Jesus is called King of kin

4 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Pilate2016(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
What is solemn about the Sunday and who commanded you to observe it?

Certainly not Jesus Christ.
Spain you? Go report us to Jesus Christ.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by kristian98(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Pastafarian:
hmmm

I tire for them o!

and he died for me?

A 30 year old man who walked into weddings and turned water to wine.. If na them, them go drink?

A 30 year old man who walked around with 12 men, just making noise up and dan the village, even spoiling market one day?

Im village people tire for the matter, carry the guy man hang for cross, them say na my sins im die for? Laff wan kill me

Take a look at a map. we're in a small country off the coast of West Africa. They should try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between us and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that they'd journey through if they were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for their sins? I pity them

They have an African body but a foreign mind. Their God resides in Israel, likes Mount Horeb and they fervently wait and hope for a new Jerusalem.

Are they African in skin or thought? The Bible they believe in wasn't written by them, for them or to them. If it were, romans 2:9 would be igbo 2:9, 1 Corinthians would be 1 Yoruba...

their mind has been so polluted that they see the crucifixion of a mere carpenter in the cross as salvation for their misdemeanors. The one who proudly professes to be a Gentile, who denies their own history and people so he may suck at the bosom of Abraham?.

shame!!!
pls think of your soul in the afterlife. Am scared of you

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by gloriana(f): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The Catholic church has substituted the commandments of men for those of GOD; the same thing Jesus strongly condemned in Matt. 15:9.

Yes I agree that the Catholic church is the mother church. It is the Mother of Harlots of Rev. 17:5.

may God forgive u

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Ivanlxi(m): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2016
Pastafarian:
hmmm

I tire for them o!

and he died for me?

shame!!!

I just they pity you

If you say Christian is not right to practice or Catholic, which religion are you
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by myaokija(f): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2016
Christ is my king. He rules over all. Jesus is my all.....
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by smart024(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I didn't want to comment on the things man has no knowledge of and yet we still try to say them to suit our own believes until you made best of yourself by making this comment...

How do you now relate it with the topic of discuss...?

Pls weather arguing "FOR" or "AGAINST" let's be mindful not to incure the wreath of God on ourselves by comments and points we make o...

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by missuniverse(f): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2016
The churchs' calendar ends today,
The vestments are changed to purple starting from today to signify temporary darkness while awaiting the coming of Christ on Christmas day...

but strangely,

There's something about today that lifts the spirit and put one in a state of intense happiness and self-
confidence:

The Adoration...
The Procession...
The Atmosphere...

HAIL THE KING
Jesus THE CHRIST

see ya after the Procession... leaves with an extra footwear and money for enough pure water

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Rockyrascal(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2016
CXLVII:
How Africans believed in a simple colonization tool of the West that told them that a man in the Middle-East died for the sins of the whole world(Asia, Africa, America e.t.c) grin grin grin still Marvels my sanity.

It's simply just logical and easy to decode the gimmick. Majority past 90% only happen to have inherited religion, very few found it and none of the few re Christians or Muslims

and am very sure your post is also based on a research.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by CXLVII: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2016
Rockyrascal:
and am very sure your post is also based on a research.

Yes!

Proven ones
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by CXLVII: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
#Proudly Catholic tho my Fiancee wants us to Wed in Methodist wink cheesy But Her Wish is My Command wink

Christ The King.......

Anywhere you can go...... Even if its Okija Shrine
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Rockyrascal(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2016
CXLVII:

Yes!

Proven ones
that jesus never existed?
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2016
I'm not here to defend any church doctrine but I think people should watch their mouth. I remember few years ago the orthodox church was criticised for reading prayers from books, today a lot of other churches are now reading prayers from devotionals.
My point is be careful of casting faults and blames to other people's doctrines, instead pray for the Church of Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by chapo(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2016
Pastafarian:
hmmm

I tire for them o!

and he died for me?

shame!!!

thank God say .....man no be God. ....you for dun hear am teytey......just read what you just typed now
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by CXLVII: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2016
Rockyrascal:
that jesus never existed?

He existed in the Middle-East just like Orunmila, Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Amadioha existed in Nigeria e.t.c

He was just propagated to be the Almighty cos his people where good at marketing there religion to the world and same time doing slavery business.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by treebuds: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2016
Pavore9:
Mass is next 4 hours, off to bed!
The Pope in his human capacity tried to use his position as a Pope to control government. The government refused becuase the church lack the power to demonstrate what they wanted. If Jesus or Holy Spirit has manifested and there are diverse miracles, the corpse Christi should have demostrated his mighty power and government has no reason to give up.
The Bible , not the pope has said a lot about Jesus Christ and power of Holy Spirit. There are diverse healing and the dead was raised to life, the blind see, and the lame walk. Today the church is talking of ceremonial Pope without the power of Holy Ghost working and till now they popes are president of their own government with capital in Rome. What I am saying here is that Christ is the head of all church and without him what you will have is government.
Christ said we should preach the word of salvation to set the captives free, make the lake work and the blind set. So it is not just a March past or ceremony to be remembered. It is a work to be done repeatedly and till today those who search the Bible are richly blessed with diverse powers.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by treebuds: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2016
The Pope in his human capacity tried to use his position as a Pope to control government. The government refused becuase the church lack the power to demonstrate what they wanted. If Jesus or Holy Spirit has manifested and there are diverse miracles, the corpse Christi should have demostrated his mighty power and government has no reason to give up.
The Bible , not the pope has said a lot about Jesus Christ and power of Holy Spirit. There are diverse healing and the dead was raised to life, the blind see, and the lame walk. Today the church is talking of ceremonial Pope without the power of Holy Ghost working and till now they popes are president of their own government with capital in Rome. What I am saying here is that Christ is the head of all church and without him what you will have is government.
Christ said we should preach the word of salvation to set the captives free, make the lake work and the blind set. So it is not just a March past or ceremony to be remembered. It is a work to be done repeatedly and till today those who search the Bible are richly blessed with diverse powers.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by DoctorAlien(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2016
Ignyte:

If you're not Catholic ignore the post... whatever church u attend, is an outlet of the universal church like it or not...

The true church of GOD which keeps His holy seventh-day Sabbath is never an "outlet" of the apostate church.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by slim147(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2016
Chris is the king of kings
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by JohnsonEmma(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2016
My dancing shoes are ready, procession starts by 2pm from St Paul to St John the Baptist Cathedral here in Gboko Benue State Nigeria. Proudly CATHOLIC!
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Ekeseges(f): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
JESUS CHRIST IS KING

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / The Difference Between Hell, Sheol, Paradise And The Grave.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.