Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Survival In Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Survival In Canada (649 Views)

Do You Still Remember Okwuchi:the Only Survival Of The Sosoliso Plane Crash / Top 5 Genuine Scholarship In Canada For International Students / Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survival In Canada by Tochy31(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2016
Greetings to all gurus in the hous. I really need ur advice please..... I really want to study in canada, most especially Memorial university cos of its low tuition. My plans are work on & off campus even during summer to cover up tuition fee ($8, 800 CAD) and other costs. Please advice me if this is possible.

Matured responds please.
Thanks.
Re: Survival In Canada by LORRDDD(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2016
I swear I'm in this too. Have you applied? it's 100cad right
Re: Survival In Canada by Tochy31(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
@lorrddd. Its 100cad to apply...n am really intetested in this...just grathering my transcript and my toelf in next month. I am apply for undergraduate program in engineering. What abt u?
Re: Survival In Canada by LORRDDD(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
Tochy31:
@lorrddd. Its 100cad to apply...n am really intetested in this...just grathering my transcript and my toelf in next month. I am apply for undergraduate program in engineering. What abt u?

Anthropology M.A, i might not be needing TOEFL as I'll get a letter from my uni stating that i was taught in English. I'm following alot of threads here. please keep me posted. I see success for both of us
Re: Survival In Canada by Tochy31(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
LORRDDD:

Anthropology M.A, i might not be needing TOEFL as I'll get a letter from my uni stating that i was taught in English. I'm following alot of threads here. please keep me posted. I see success for both of us

no p man, i will.....wish u best of luck
Re: Survival In Canada by elimsme: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
before you are granted visa you must proof to the embassy that you have sufficient cash to cover your first year in school and extra 10, 000 cad living expenses, If you cant, u wont be granted visa and also you cant work off campus until after 6months of your stay, so the feasibility of you raising that amount is uncertain. I will advice you to get a sponsor with good financial statement and willingness to help to support you for your first semester, especially to help you secure visa.

1 Like

Re: Survival In Canada by Tochy31(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
Thank, but roughly how much should my sponsor have in his account?. He based in Australia, would he be accepted as my sponsor if he secures my visa?. I am thinking that he won't be accepted as a sponsor because he is nt in Nigeria.
elimsme:
before you are granted visa you must proof to the embassy that you have sufficient cash to cover your first year in school and extra 10, 000 cad living expenses, If you cant, u wont be granted visa and also you cant work off campus until after 6months of your stay, so the feasibility of you raising that amount is uncertain. I will advice you to get a sponsor with good financial statement and willingness to help to support you for your first semester, especially to help you secure visa.
Re: Survival In Canada by elimsme: 5:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Tochy31:
Thank, but roughly how much should my sponsor have in his account?. He based in Australia, would he be accepted as my sponsor if he secures my visa?. I am thinking that he won't be accepted as a sponsor because he is nt in Nigeria.

It depends on ur tuition fees, your sponsor must have atleast your first year full fees + 10,000 cad, his located does nt matter,he can b ur sponsor.

So if ur 1year tuition is 8,880, ur sponsor must have 8880+10000= 18880cad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need A Personal Trainer/tutor On Autocad, Archicad, Etc Get In Here / Don't Know What To Do With These Old Books / Breaking News!!! Business School Netherlands Free Training And Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.