Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment (701 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by jesuseun1(m): 5:54am On Nov 05, 2009
my vista laptop no longer download attachment from mail messages.what can i do.pls help
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by ade9ja(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2009
From experience nothing is wrong with your laptop but i believe your operating system might be corrupt.

make back up of your files and re-install your operating system.
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by jesuseun1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
thanks ade9ja for the reply,pls how best can i back up my data,do u mean formatting the system.
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by ade9ja(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2009
Yes i mean formatting and re-installing your operating system, backing up your data this you can do in two ways;

firstly you can copy your important documents and save them to an external hard drive or a flash, you then format and re-install your system after which you copy back your file.

secondly formatting without making a backup, this option is better if there is a virus or malicious attack on your system, you then make re-install your system also install a license updated anti-virus and you then recover your files and document from the formatted drive with a recovery software like easy recovery or others
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by deji2009(m): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
jesu seun (m)
Lagos [Ilu Eko]-Nigeria

Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment
« on: Today at 05:54:00 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my vista laptop no longer download attachment from mail messages.what can i do.pls help

with due respect to ade9ja. @poster to enable us to troubleshoot your problem we need to know what type

of email client you are using e.g Outlook, WIndows mail, Thunderbired. That the first basic question and what happened when you trying opening

your attachment sometime it might says you need to set extention in the control panel folder option such as .doc .rtf .pdf .rar .zip . xlm .docx etc

just to mention a few I had a customer 1 month ago with this problem all i asked was what type of email and what does it give error message

when opening she said yes and then i ask her does she have excel package installed she said no then that explain it then

so therefore we need to know what happened at that moment or you can ask the person that sent you the

attachment how and what software was used as this would explain things further . Good luck however
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by ade9ja(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2009
Good one.
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by joeljay: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
just change to yahoo classic maybe you are new yahoomail, i once have dat same problem!!!
Re: Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment by ade9ja(m): 9:51am On Nov 17, 2009
joeljay:

just change to yahoo classic maybe you are new yahoomail, i once have dat same problem!!!
it has nothing do about the type of yahoomail format you are opening from.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Latitude D630 Drivers / Get All Types Of Laptop And Apple Parts From Us. / Laptop Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.