Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Shocking Fact About The Isrealites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Fact About The Isrealites (1355 Views)

Newlywed Sharon Oyakhilome Discloses Shocking Fact About Her Relationship With H / Scientific Fact: God Created Dinosaurs! / 14 Interesting Fact About The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
The distance between Egypt and Israel is about 613km. But it took Moses and the Israelites 40 years to complete their journey. On average each day they walked only 43 metres, yes only 43 metres, almost half of what Usain Bolt would do in 5 seconds. I just wish Moses was around to explain this laziness.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by heritage2009(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
grin I guess u are a pocket Lawyer grin
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by hontimmy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
i reserve my comment
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Edwinmason(m): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by lomprico(m): 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Edwinmason:

Answer the question!
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Edwinmason(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
lomprico:

Answer the question!
go and gather ur village people and try to lead them to the next town after that i will answer your question
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dunno what happened to common sense of reasoning in the atheist mind. It seems your brain is paining you undecided...

The Israelites journeyed and rested at some point for days, weeks and even months, before they continued their journey.. The migration of thousands of people on foot in a long distance is quite hectic. They have to sleep,feed and relax.

They never had a foreknowledge of their destination unlike today where we have GPS trackers and maps for easy location and locomotion.. But God had to direct them supernaturally all through those years, using moses .

Perhaps you reason like a psychopath. Next time use your head well before asking any silly question like this.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by daviddagreat: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
u only ask such questions if u follow dat Mugabe fake facebook account. it an account meant for jokes

so u must be a ........ to take anything from it seriously
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Lagusta(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jacksonville:
Dunno what happened to common sense of reasoning in the atheist mind. It seems your brain is paining you undecided...

The Israelites journeyed and rested at some point for days, weeks and even months, before they continued their journey.. The migration of thousands of people on foot in a long distance is quite hectic. They have to sleep,feed and relax.

They never had a foreknowledge of their destination unlike today where we have GPS trackers and maps for easy location and locomotion.. But God had to direct them supernaturally all through those years, using moses .

Perhaps you reason like a psychopath. Next time use your head well before asking any silly question like this.

So what you're trying to say is your god could not do easily what modern man has done now by inventing GSM trackers?
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by terrezo2002(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
The journey of Egypt to Israel was a 40 days journey. The got close to the land, but their disobedience and unbelief made them not to enter and so started wandering around the wilderness until 40 years past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lagusta:

So what you're trying to say is your god could not do easily what modern man has done now by inventing GSM trackers?

could yours do it? silly thing.
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Lagusta(m): 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jacksonville:

Boss I didn't abuse you, at least your Bible taught you that God is love, not abuse....

And we Muslims don't believe Moses wandered round the desert in circles, semi-circles and merry-go-rounds just to get to the promise land, our God isn't that dumb......

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lagusta:

Boss I didn't abuse you, at least your Bible taught you that God is love, not abuse....

And we Muslims don't believe Moses wandered round the desert in circles, semi-circles and merry-go-rounds just to get to the promise land, our God isn't that dumb......

Stop making a fool out of yourself and just shut up. Thanks..
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by abduljabbar4(m): 12:08am On Nov 21, 2016
Jacksonville:

Woah! And you still have the guys to insult somebody after writing this nonsense. Do you know how long 40 years is? Come on
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by MuttleyLaff: 1:11am On Nov 21, 2016
kingcity:
The distance between Egypt and Israel is about 613km.
But it took Moses and the Israelites 40 years to complete their journey.
On average each day they walked only 43 metres, yes only 43 metres, almost half of what Usain Bolt would do in 5 seconds.
I just wish Moses was around to explain this laziness
When Pharaoh let the people go, God didn't lead them on the road through Philistine territory, although that was the shortest route.
God said, "If they see that they have to fight a war, they may change their minds and go back to Egypt."

-Exodus 13:17

21But as surely as I live, and as surely as the earth is filled with the Lord’s glory,
22not one of these people will ever enter that land. They have all seen my glorious presence and the miraculous signs I performed both in Egypt and in the wilderness, but again and again they have tested me by refusing to listen to my voice.
23They will never even see the land I swore to give their ancestors. None of those who have treated me with contempt will ever see it.
24But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will possess their full share of that land.
25Now turn around, and don’t go on toward the land where the Amalekites and Canaanites live. Tomorrow you must set out for the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.
26Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron,
27“How long must I put up with this wicked community and its complaints about me? Yes, I have heard the complaints the Israelites are making against me.
28Now tell them this: ‘As surely as I live, declares the Lord, I will do to you the very things I heard you say.
29You will all drop dead in this wilderness!
Because you complained against me, every one of you who is twenty years old or older and was included in the registration will die
30You will not enter and occupy the land I swore to give you.
The only exceptions will be Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun

- Numbers 14:21-30

What you need Moses for? There is no for Moses, when the explanations are there glaringly in the Bible

''The Scenic Route'' aka ''the Israelite Route'' because of Exodus 13:17,
the ''drop dead waiting game'' because Numbers 14:29-30,
plus the back and forth turn arounds, the three, altogether,
made a journey which normally shouldn't have taken more than 11 days become a 40 year period of travel

cc Dejiih001

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Woah! And you still have the guys to insult somebody after writing this nonsense. Do you know how long 40 years is? Come on

well, I don't see it as a nonsense. It's a point, so don't play stupid by quoting me next time.
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by mrmrmister: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lagusta:

And we Muslims don't believe Moses
wandered round the desert in circles, semi-circles and merry-go-rounds
just to get to the promise land, our God isn't that dumb......

grin grin
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 22, 2016
If Jesus had teleported them there within the twinkle of an eye, would you have believed? Or you would have opened a similar thread saying how could they have covered such distance in one second?

Do you believe that Philip disappeared and appeared at Azotus after baptizing the Ethiopian eunuch?
Lagusta:

Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 22, 2016
This is the perfect answer to the op. But atheists are too daft to understand.
terrezo2002:
The journey of Egypt to Israel was a 40 days journey. The got close to the land, but their disobedience and unbelief made them not to enter and so started wandering around the wilderness until 40 years past.
Re: Shocking Fact About The Isrealites by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 22, 2016
Their prophet without a prophecy who couldn't even heal ordinary headache...Lmao!!
Jacksonville:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Rape Married Woman In Uhonmora (photos) / Why I Pray For Women Unclad, Shave Their Pubic Hair – Ondo Pastor / Why Do We Usually Have Two Bodyguards Standing While The Pastor Preaches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.