Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano (964 Views)

Breaking News:el-rufai Meets With Buhari Says No One Can Bar Me From Aso(photo) / Breaking News>you Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Peter Obi Tells Obiano / You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by shaiba(f): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2016
Tony Okafor, Awka

A former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that his successor, Chief Willie Obiano, has no legal right to bar him from visiting the state or airing his opinion about the state.

Obi, who spoke at Oraifite during the burial of Chief Emeka Offor’s father, Benneth Offor, described an alleged threat by Obiano to unleash an attack on him if he did not behave himself, as an empty one.

A media aide to Obiano, Mr. Oliver Okpala, was reported to have threatened to deal with Obi and a former Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, over their comments on Obiano, which were considered to be unwarranted.

The governor’s aide said, “To this end, this is a notice that, henceforth, any further unwarranted attack on the governor will be met with a very tough response.

“Let it be noted that we have done our investigations, and we know that those sponsoring these unfounded attacks against the governor include those who have tasted power before, either as governor or secretary to the state government.

“We have their records, to the minutest of details, and we will not hesitate to unleash a higher degree of attack on their persons with verifiable proofs in our possession so that the world would know the dirty stuff they are made of.”

Obi, in his reaction, said it would be disastrous if Anambra degenerated into a dictatorial society under a democracy.

On what he would do should Obiano carry out his threat, Obi said the state should be advancing in civilisation by upholding the tenets of democracy and decency, rather than going back to the Hobbesian era.

He said, “Such an order will amount to asking me to go on exile. I have a house in Onitsha and live there.

“I served Anambra State for eight years. As the governor, I kept saying I would live in the state for the rest of my life to enable me share the joy and grief of the people. Why would somebody say I should not attend events in the state?

“Why would somebody request that I should stop saying what I did as the Governor of Anambra State, when people are still talking about the good deeds of the likes of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chief M.I. Okpara?

“Most of the things said are not for self-adulation, but to use my experience to demonstrate to our people that we can do certain things we thought are impossible, an example was that I returned schools to the church and provided them with over 30,000 computers, generators and Internet connectivity.

“The fact is that under our government, we cleared arrears of pension of over N35bn, paid for all the certificates generated by contractors without borrowing a kobo, but instead left money, including dollars for the state.”

Meanwhile, Obi’s kinsmen, under the aegis of Agulu Leaders of Thought on Sunday appealed to Obiano, to stop threatening their son.

They reminded Obiano that it was Obi that single-handedly made him a governor.

A statement signed by the group’s secretary, Joachim Emegwamuo, and made available to journalists in Awka, read in part, “When the news of the threat to the life of our son, Mr. Peter Obi, started circulating, we ignored it as one of those rumours until Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike made it clear during a radio programme.

“We are aware that it was Obi who single-handedly made Obiano governor and we are also aware of several indignities Obi is suffering under the governor, ranging from lack of respect to continued and inexplicable witch-hunt.

“Obiano has deliberately allowed his aides to abuse Obi to the point of openly denying the over N75bn bequeathed to him.

“Obiano has abandoned the projects started by Obi upon which he was elected, thus portraying Obi as an unreliable leader among the Anambra people.

“If anything happens to Mr. Peter Obi or any of his aides, Obiano should be held responsible.”

http://punchng.com/cant-bar-anambra-obi-tells-obiano/

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by yeyeboi(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2016
Ok
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by stansaintly(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2016
Hmmmm!
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by bonechamberlain(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2016
Obiano face ur governance,
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by otukpo(f): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2016
What led to this talk?
How did their relationship get this bad.
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by BrokenTV: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2016
Is like Obiano don't want to go for second tenure, picking a fight with Obi will not help him out, Obi has what it takes to cripple his political career in Anambra state.

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by aariwa(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2016
It will be a miracle for Obiano to win the next election without this man

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by littlewonders: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2016
TRUTH have no friend and is welcome by majority.
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by Africonji: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2016
Obiano needs to be made to understand that Peter Obi is too big a personality for him to try and rubbish anyhow, it is not done and we will resist such. He should rather focus and work hard to convince the good people of Anambra that he is deserving and wothy of re-election instead of casting aspersions upon a worthy son of the state. He has been warned.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2016
Anambara 2017 is all i see wink
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by modath(f): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2016
This thread should
Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by EHMIR(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2016
Redmudland republic is about to turn bloody...watch out

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2016
This Obiano guy is a huge scam. I pray he lose come 2017

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by Nkemtreasure: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2016
Psychopaths everywhere...... They are politicians.... They will still settle. Ask OBJ and BAT

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2016
Obiano is Doing Well, We'll Support Him - Emeka Offor

The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano yesterday paid a condolence visit to the family of Sir Emeka Offor in Oraifite, Ekwusigo local government area of the State over the death of his father, Pa Bennett Offor.

Noting that it is customary for ndi Igbo to mourn with their brothers as well as celebrate lives well spent, governor Obiano described Pa Offor, as a man who lived a good life whose virtues inspire his children and children's children.

"Emeka is a great friend who lost a good father... On behalf of ndi Anambra and my family, I came to sympathize with you," governor Obiano said.

Responding, Sir Emeka Offor expressed appreciation that the governor could find time to come in person and sympathize with them.

Sir Emeka went further to commend the governor for his laudable achievements while urging him not to drop the tempo.

"Obiano is our governor and he's doing well... We'll support him, no one from Ekwusigo is contesting... Ndi Ekwusigo will vote for him," Emeka Offor added.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano by AustineE1: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2016
post=51224889:
Obiano is Doing Well, We'll Support Him - Emeka Offor

The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano yesterday paid a condolence visit to the family of Sir Emeka Offor in Oraifite, Ekwusigo local government area of the State over the death of his father, Pa Bennett Offor.

Noting that it is customary for ndi Igbo to mourn with their brothers as well as celebrate lives well spent, governor Obiano described Pa Offor, as a man who lived a good life whose virtues inspire his children and children's children.

"Emeka is a great friend who lost a good father... On behalf of ndi Anambra and my family, I came to sympathize with you," governor Obiano said.

Responding, Sir Emeka Offor expressed appreciation that the governor could find time to come in person and sympathize with them.

Sir Emeka went further to commend the governor for his laudable achievements while urging him not to drop the tempo.

"Obiano is our governor and he's doing well... We'll support him, no one from Ekwusigo is contesting... Ndi Ekwusigo will vote for him," Emeka Offor added.

you know as well as i know,that we Anambrarians love Obiano but that can evapourate over night if he picks up a fight with Peter Obi....half a word is enough for the wise!!!
2017 is fast approaching,i reserve my comment.
Chukwu gozie Anambra.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Gen Olonisakin’s (CDS) Tenure By One Year / VP Osinbajo Interacts With Aba Traders As He Launched First SMEs Clinic (photos) / It’s Insulting For Obasanjo To Tell Igbo To Contest For 2019 Presidency — Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.