Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

Three Nigerian Awards :the Best, Worst And Weirdest Things We've Seen In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Nigerian Awards :the Best, Worst And Weirdest Things We've Seen In 2016 (346 Views)

Turkey Support Biafra!..we've Seen Cheif Obafemi Awolowo In The Moon Those Days / "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers / We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Nigerian Awards :the Best, Worst And Weirdest Things We've Seen In 2016 by Tianahsblog: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2016
Boy! What a year it has been, still got a few days left, but I think we can start counting our gains and losses, as a nation.

This year just like those before it, has been filled with so many events. For us Nigerians this year has been "some-een". in the wake of it, we had the tomatoes ebola crisis,the price of tomatoes was competing with the cost of land in some parts of the country. while we were still trying to shake ourselves from the mess it left us in, the recession became alive and real, as in so real, you could feel it with your bare hands .
Don't even get me started on the dollar and how it has been rising constantly and mercilessly.

For me though, some things stood out.
So here's to the best, worst and weirdest Nigerian events in 2016.

THE WORST : When you have two pieces of information one good and the other bad it's always better to start with the bad and end with the good. So the award for the worst thing that happened in Nigeria this year goes to "MISS ANAMBRA chidinma okeke and the leaked tape drama". It was definitely terrible, a complete show of shame, and I don't know what posterity would do to erase the memory from our minds and restore to her the dignity that she had so carelessly messed up. Queens are supposed to be epitomes of beauty, integrity and poise, at least that's what we are made to understand, so, for a reigning queen to allow herself to be caught in such a dirty scandal during her reign, leaves much to be desired.

2:THE WEIRDEST: for me, the weirdest thing that happened this year will be the public exchange between president Buhari and his wife Aisha and the issue of "the other room" . It really took me a while to believe they actually made those statements before the whole world. I know public figures always try to keep it all together, no matter how much tension Is hidden behind the curtains. But like we all know, our beloved first lady and head of state don't do the conventional. So they decided to blow their tops, while we stood and watched.

3:THE BEST : still seems too good to be true.
I am not a mathematician or a scientist so I can't explain how it works. Truth is MMM is the best thing that happened to Nigerians this year. I have met so many people who have started living better lives since the advent of
the "money making machine" like it's popular called,. No stress, no delay, no long Story. It just follows the simple principle of give and it shall be given unto you.

You can use the comment box, in your opinion, what's the best, worst and weirdest thing that happened this year to you or in your country?

Source : www.tianahacha.com
Tianah's inspirational blog

1 Like

Re: Three Nigerian Awards :the Best, Worst And Weirdest Things We've Seen In 2016 by Tianahsblog: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Again President Buhari Begs Ondo Electorates To Vote Massively For Akeredolu / Presidency Concludes Plan To Sell Two Presidential Aircraft / Customs Intercepts Arms Hidden In Cars Imported From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.