Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon (31123 Views)

Senator Yusuf Abubakar Yusuf Sleeping During Probe Of Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Femi Adesina: "No More Importing & Exporting Of Fuel By 2019". Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by dre11(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
NNPC May Adjust Petrol Pump Price on Falling Cargo Rates

*$120m worth of gas flared daily in Nigeria, says OPTS

Chineme Okafor in Abuja

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) may undertake a downward review of the pump price of petrol in its retail outlets across the country, THISDAY has learnt.

The paper yesterday gathered from an authoritative source within the corporation in Abuja that this was possible from a reported consistent drop in the historical price of petroleum cargoes from about $600 per metric tonne to an average of $440 per metric tonne.

NNPC had recently adjusted the pump price of petrol at its outlets, thus raising fears of a possible hike. The development also followed claims in August by its former Group Managing Directors that the government’s pricing modulation framework was not economical for the downstream petroleum business.

The source however stated that the cargo price is one of the key elements often considered by the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) in its calculation of the template for petrol pump price.

This, he noted, has been on the downward trend and could necessitate the corporation reviewing its pump price to reflect the market realities. The other key element being the foreign exchange has been left floating by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

He also explained that the corporation has spent a lot of energies securing its petrol supplies and distribution networks to keep the country from what he described as system sabotage during the yuletide season by some marketers.

“One of the things we wanted to achieve is to ensure that we do not have queues in this time of the year and a lot of the energies have been spent on securing that. If you look at the market trend at the moment, we have been fortunate.

Historically, it is this time of the year that cargo prices are about $500 to $600 per metric tonne, and this is one of the two key elements on the PPPRA templates that nobody controls – it is down to market forces,” he said.

According to him, “The cargo price is usually between $500 and $600 per metric tonne, but this year, we have even had cargoes for $440.

The pricing has been good. Our network is a mix of the NNPC and others, because of the open market forex policy, the cost of doing business for others is higher. What NNPC retail has done is to adjust the price to accommodate the additional expense of doing business around this time of the year.

“The N145 per litre is not just the margin but includes freights and all sorts of other expenses; we did that to accommodate the expenses and as we get cheaper and cheaper cargoes, we will adjust our prices in accordance.”

Meanwhile, the Oil Producers Trade Section (OPTS) of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has said about 50 million standard feet per day (mscuf/d) of gas which translates to $120 million revenue potential and 150 to 200 megawatts (MW) of power is being flared at oil fields in Nigeria.

A representative of the OPTS at the recent consultative session for the draft National Gas Policy, Mr. James Ajaifi disclosed this during a panel discussion on the policy. OPTS is the sectoral group for local and foreign-owned companies registered in Nigeria and holding an oil prospecting or oil mining licence.

The group said the government would have to address the issues of gas flaring in the policy document to enable the country maximise its gas resources for development.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/11/20/nnpc-may-adjust-petrol-pump-price-on-falling-cargo-rates/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by SillyMods: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
This will be a very soothing news.

Better days ahead of us in Nigeria.

In a properly deregulated market, pump price changes from one month to another month, depending on prevailing variables.

For example, I paid about $0.32 per liter in July. It was $0.36 in August and $0.3 in September per liter of petrol. In October, we bought it at $0.38 per liter. So, it's not supposed to be permanently fixed if we do proper deregulation. It can go up or come down depending on many factors.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by yeyeboi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
Seeing Is Believing angry

Until I see with my 2 naked eyes wey tie wrapper before I go believe cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by RoyalBlak007: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
How soon?
Please stop scamming us cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Atiku2019: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Continous Scam

Atiku2019

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by littlewonders: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
I've stop reading news on Nigeria matters, my quest is how to leave this country to Ondo local government.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by SillyMods: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

How soon?
Please stop scamming us cheesy

yeyeboi:
Na lie
But if it was a report on possible increase, you guys will shout on top of your voice to curse, wail and gnash your teeth.

Who has done this to you guys?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by SillyMods: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Atiku2019:
Continous Scam

Atiku2019
Keep deceiving yourself.

Atiku CAN NEVER be president in Nigeria. Take that statement to the bank. grin grin grin

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by littlewonders: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Atiku2019:
Continous Scam

Atiku2019

I pity you. Me want to vote for you, make sure you change this moniker. E no hold water.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by talktonase(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
littlewonders:
I've stop reading news on Nigeria matters, my quest is how to leave this country to Ondo local government.
I dey your back abeg,I wan travel over seas reach port Harcourt grin

11 Likes

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by yeyeboi(m): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Na sufferhead dey worry u

SillyMods:

But if it was a report on possible increase, you guys will shout on top of your voice to curse, wail and gnash your teeth.

Who has done this to you guys?

9 Likes

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by SillyMods: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
yeyeboi:
Na sufferhead dey worry my family

OK. Noted.

1 Like

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

prices are falling fast come fast ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

So if i follow this logic, then retail prices would hit N100 - N110/per litre shocked
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by leighcon(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
Per gallon you meant though....

SillyMods:
This will be a very soothing news.

Better days ahead of us in Nigeria.

In a properly deregulated market, pump price changes from one month to another month, depending on prevailing variables.

For example, I paid about $4.75 per liter in July. It was $4.38 in August and $4.75 in September per liter of petrol. In October, we bought it at $4.9 per liter. So, it's not supposed to be permanently fixed if we do proper deregulation. It can go up or come down depending on many factors.
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by SillyMods: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
leighcon:
Per gallon you meant though....

I got my arithmetic wrong. Was trying to convert.It's corrected.
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Funlordjnr: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Atiku2019:
Continous Scam

Atiku2019

May you receive abundant sense in 2017, it's obviously too late for you this year! Amen!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
I hate the word 'may' in government speeches, that word is too complicated

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by blackpanda: 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Abeg they shld reduce it ooo
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
Don't raise people's hope for nothing. Tell NNPC to check my signature
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
They should not reduce it. They should rather save the gain in a special account.

Reducing it now and increasing later when price of cargo goes up will create a big uproar.

Nigerians are yet to see petrol like every other commodity whose price can go up and down.

1 Like

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by policy12: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
To the Op who open this thread...

1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
angry
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by cocoberry(f): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
May ni June ko

1 Like

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by mmb(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Really?

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by yinkslinks(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Reduce or not, buhari must not be allowed in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by IYANGBALI: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
once they do that i will get married
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by hayatulimisticor(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
undecidedwon jebi...
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by engrflames: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
All na scam, government of lies and propagandas
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by kokosin: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
hiss in French

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by Progressive01(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
God i pray.
Re: NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon by honestivo(m): 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
We have to celebrate today, a lot of good news including 200000 selected for npower, reduction of fuel price etc we expect more of these.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Men Brutalize Business Man, As Patience Jonathan Visits Delta (pic) / Man Trekking For GEJ Replies Omotola After She Called Trekkers 'Silly' / Photos! Update On Minna-suleja Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.